7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

@moonchild

I am not your opinion: the component removal of 7Toolkit works very well.

Perhaps you have used an old version of this proggie. Meanwhile it is no more "Beta" !

7customizer is running very fine, but it is a very small proggie and Blue has no more time and "drive" to continue the development.

And component removal is very small !

Yeah W7T has very good component removal, but the amount of components you can remove is relatively small. 7Customizer has a very high potential to give us much more control over what can be removed and what can't. But that is only potential, until people can start making XML files detailing the stuff to be removed.

• 1 month later...

@wintec

I use Win 7 PRO X64 + SP1 installed + MS KB3AIK_IT (x64)

I launch the program, define the paths for ImageX-Dism-Oscdimg-Win source

... and program closes with an "unexpected Error".... (log.zip attached)

That is really a stubborn bug. Anyways, I will fix it as soon as I get the chance.

@TheWalrus

Oh btw you can draw upon inspiration from RT7 Lite's registry tweaker utility http://www.pub.rt7li...tweaker_2.1.msi

I figured that in the end I don't care about components removal THAT much, but having the option to customize system settings is much more important to me. Slimming the image down is a very welcome bonus, but tweaks is the main thing.

I Will add more tweaks when I get some free time.

Oh btw. The removal function is not working properly. I didn't do anything but check all that is possible to check for removal (3 things or so), and after being finished with the process the folder actually grew by some 30MB. Considering those functions should take about 700MB, something is wrong.

Btw. Please make presets save product key, updates and drivers too.

Actually I tested it and the size reduced by 300 MB.

@pedilover

Is the Proggie dead ?

You have not been here since nearly 2 months. I know realy life first and then the Proggie.A little statement would be useful

Regards

No still alive. It seems that time passes quickly without me noticing it. Anyways I was very busy with work.

@Moonchilde

An update and some more info on component removal so people can help would be appreciated. I wish he'd check the component removal thread, maybe I'm just too dumb to figure it out on my own but I need some stuff clarified. At this point, I'm ready to just give up on ever having a custom Windows 7, Windows 8 will probably be out by then and I think RT7 is just the slowest most awful program I've ever used.

Even if we still didn't have a fully customized Windows 7, the work done here will make it easier to develop a customization tool for Windows 8

Regards

Hi Blue,

nice to read this message from you.

Of course it's o.k. when you have been very busy at work. But a little statement from you like this helps us to wait for the new version.

I'm looking forward for the new version (only fixes or also new tweaks ?).

Regards

I got success building an Unattended Win7_x86 DVD thanks to 7Custmizer 0.50 :thumbup

Today I start the same with Win7_x64.

I downsized first the original Win7_x64 thanks to Export.cmd myselfidem batch file :thumbup

Then I start using 7Customizer. Unfortunately, 7Customizer return the error "This not appear to be a valid Windows installation Source" although Dism.exe Get-WimInfo recogize that install.wim :blink:

Regards

Oooppsss

Is my faullt :ph34r:

For "Windows Installation Source", I've selected Win7_DVD\sources instead Win7_DVD :blushing:

I've a question anyway:

Actually, I'm using a 32 bits computer.

It is possible to use the 32 bits imagex.exe, dism.exe and oscdimg.exe to customize a Win7 64 bits?

Regards

Edited by coucou

Great i recently used it but i have a question i checked pause before unmount to run some commands and disable some feauture like games after run command

dism /image:D:\7Customizer\work\mount /Disable-Feature:InboxGames

i should use dism /Commit-Wim /MountDir:D:\7Customizer\work\mount or when i unpuse the other cmd it will save the changes.

Great i recently used it but i have a question i checked pause before unmount to run some commands and disable some feauture like games after run command

dism /image:D:\7Customizer\work\mount /Disable-Feature:InboxGames

i should use dism /Commit-Wim /MountDir:D:\7Customizer\work\mount or when i unpuse the other cmd it will save the changes.

You can try to disable feature first and after use 7Customizer!

Yes coucou ! :rolleyes:

You can use imagex.exe to downsize your customized install.wim and boot.win images.

You can use Run As Administrator the Deployement Tools and write inside the command prompt!

You can use: imagex.exe /info <path_to_install.wim_file> to read informations about the images!

Select the index number, the correct name, and adapt the paths to your needs! For 64-bit version you can use:

C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\imagex.exe

compress.cmd

@echo off & color 1F
echo.
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\imagex.exe" /export C:\Win7\sources\install.wim 1 C:\Win7\sources\installv2.wim "Windows 7 ULTIMATE" /check /compress maximum
echo.
pause

After you can remove (or save) install.wim and rename installv2.wim as install.wim inside the folder "sources".

ImageX Command-Line Optins:

http://technet.micro...302(WS.10).aspx

Extract:

Exports a copy of the specified .wim file to another .wim file. The source and destination files must use the same compression type.

You can also optimize an image by exporting to a new image file. When you modify an image, ImageX stores additional resource files that increase the overall size of the image.

Exporting the image will remove unnecessary resource files.

Cheers

Edited by myselfidem

HI myselfidem,

I REconsiderate yr compress.cmd

@echo off & color 1F 
echo.
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\imagex.exe" /export C:\Win7\sources\install.wim 1 C:\Win7\sources\installv2.wim "Windows 7 ULTIMATE" /check /compress maximum
echo.
pause

In fact, to unattend Win7, the first thing I do is to remove all unwanted files and folders (Homebasic, HomePremium, Proffessional). To do this, as I wrote here above #1476 I used yr Export.cmd file.

Then I integrate IE9, the I used 7Customizer to integrate LangPacks, Updates, drivers and finally I used W7Toolkit to integrate Addons. My install.wim file exceed 4GB. I may downsize it again.

Now If you look at the bottom inside Export.cmd file

echo == WARNING: Do not use twice this batch file == 
echo ===The new Image will be permanently delete!====

Can I use yr above compress.cmd? in other words can i use imagex.exe" /export as much as I want?

Also, what about dism.exe /cleanup? do it delete the .tmp files isnside install.wim?

Regards

Edited by coucou

The Export.cmd is to use only one time to keep only one image install.wim Ultimate!

The batch file remove install.wim file and rename the new image installnew.wim as install.wim! Do not use twice!

DEL /S /F /Q "C:\Win7\sources\install.wim"

REN "C:\Win7\sources\installnew.wim" "install.wim"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you have integrated IE9, updates etc., you can use the compress.cmd given above!

I've done like this for me.

It's always needed to mount/unmount the image before to compress a new time without error with the same compression!

Do not compress the install.wim image twice!

Dism /Cleanup-wim is used to remove images incorrectly mounted or unmounted and also clear the registry inside this key:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WIMMount\Mounted Images\]

DISM

Extract:

Dism /Cleanup-Wim

Deletes all of the resources associated with a mounted WIM image that has been abandoned. This command will not unmount currently mounted images, nor will it delete images that can be remounted.

Edited by myselfidem