7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

It happens to be in italian so it should be translated to english as Blue and others here doesnt speak Italian

but the errorcode states it might be the path to the WIndows 7 installationfolder

Unexpected Error: object reference not set to an instance of an object.

in _7Customizer.Form1.selectImagePathBtn_Click (Object sender, EventArgs e)

Edited by grabben

@grammy

Hey, blue4603, very quit reply!

Oh, i lost a word. I mean the preset should include everything - every setting in this powerful software:

path of i........

OK. I think the preset function need to be reimplemented because it is very basic. I think it is better to save the preset in an XML. I will look into that.

@magic12kenneth

Blue,

Do you use the DISM or PKRMGR tool to remove the packages or features in 7customizer 0.5?

If I manually remove the packages using DISM first and then use 7customizer to integrate updates and hotfixes, it will still work?

Ken

I directly remove the packages. For the updates, I am researching about it and will post my findings.

@TheWalrus

Blue, can you add more components in the removal section so I can test it a bit more extensively please?

I will add more components as soon as I have spare time since there a lot of things that are in my mind and one of them will be ready in few days.

@dmikester1

Has anyone had any luck getting this to work with an upgrade disc? That's the only install cd I have.

Thanks

Mike

I now have an upgrade disc and I will try to customize it and report back to you.

@wintec

error starting 7Customizer (both 0.4.4 and 0.5.0 releases)

Thank you for providing feedback. I will fix this issue asap. In the mean time, I recommend using an untouched Windows 7 for customization.

Regards

I use Win 7 PRO X64 + SP1 installed + MS KB3AIK_IT (x64)

I launch the program, define the paths for ImageX-Dism-Oscdimg-Win source

... and program closes with an "unexpected Error".... (log.zip attached)

log.zip

Oh btw you can draw upon inspiration from RT7 Lite's registry tweaker utility http://www.pub.rt7lite.com/rttweak-public/rt_registry_tweaker_2.1.msi

I figured that in the end I don't care about components removal THAT much, but having the option to customize system settings is much more important to me. Slimming the image down is a very welcome bonus, but tweaks is the main thing.

Oh btw. The removal function is not working properly. I didn't do anything but check all that is possible to check for removal (3 things or so), and after being finished with the process the folder actually grew by some 30MB. Considering those functions should take about 700MB, something is wrong.

Btw. Please make presets save product key, updates and drivers too.

Has anyone had any luck getting this to work with an upgrade disc? That's the only install cd I have.

Thanks

Mike

No since I dont have one but they should be exactly the same as a original W7 disc, I suggest you tried:)

I have tried and it doesn't work. Glad to hear you got an upgrade disc, Blue. Let me know how it works for you.

Thanks

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

An update and some more info on component removal so people can help would be appreciated. I wish he'd check the component removal thread, maybe I'm just too dumb to figure it out on my own but I need some stuff clarified. At this point, I'm ready to just give up on ever having a custom Windows 7, Windows 8 will probably be out by then and I think RT7 is just the slowest most awful program I've ever used.

@moonchild

the best proggie for customizing Win7 is the the 7Toolkit from Legolash2o from the Wincert-Forum!

See here:http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?/forum/179-windows-7-toolkit/

Nearly every Day updates und Legolash is developing very quickly.

The 7 Toolkit is a very mighty tool, close to vlite from Nuhi.

@moonchild

the best proggie for customizing Win7 is the the 7Toolkit from Legolash2o from the Wincert-Forum!

This is thread about 7Customizer, so why don't you take your Legolas and talk about it elsewhere?

@TheWalrus

I talk about it, because the 7customizer is no more development visible. And I cann't wait until it is ready. then will be Windows 8 released.

The break is taking too long time. It is the same with RockersTeam 7lite: since December 2010 no bugfixes and the new version is annouznced since 3 month and nothing happens.

Only legolash2o is developing forward.

@moonchild

This is thread about 7Customizer, so why don't you take your Legolas and talk about it elsewhere?

You're right, this thread is about 7Customizer. Blue hasn't replied in a while, and some of us have questions so we can help progress the program forward. Blue is working on 7Customizer live according to one of his most recent topics, however, without some help from blue we can't help him work on regular 7Customizer component removal. He can't do it alone!

I've used W7T, it's a very awesome program, but the component removal is lacking and with more info, 7Customizer could potentially give us complete control over Windows 7, way more so than W7T.

@moonchild

I am not your opinion: the component removal of 7Toolkit works very well.

Perhaps you have used an old version of this proggie. Meanwhile it is no more "Beta" !

7customizer is running very fine, but it is a very small proggie and Blue has no more time and "drive" to continue the development.

And component removal is very small !