7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

@ mrookie

Could you post your log.zip?

@pedilover

As I mentioned many times, driver integration issues are not related to 7Customizer. They are either the issues with the drivers you are integrating or DISM issues.

When will you ad more proggies to be removed ?

Weekends (Thursday and Friday).

Regards

Edited by blue4603

@ mrookie

Could you post your log.zip?

@pedilover

As I mentioned many times, driver integration issues are not related to 7Customizer. They are either the issues with the drivers you are integrating or DISM issues.

When will you ad more proggies to be removed ?

Weekends (Thursday and Friday).

Regards

Would it be possible for you to have 7C search for packages and list them & also being able to remove them?

To remove language packs, drivers and updates and then components:)

Hi blue4603

Do you need any help with adding new components to your program? I mean by simply creating new ones (sorry if example below breaks software copyright) and sending to you to approve:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<_7Customizer>
<Componenet name="Adaptive Brightness" requiredForStableSystem="false" size="Less than 1" group="Services">
<Description>Monitors ambient light sensors to detect changes in ambient light and adjust the display brightness.</Description>

<DependantComponenets />
<NeededFor />

<Files>
<File path="Windows\System32\sensrsvc.dll" method="delete"/>
<File path="Windows\System32\en-US\sensrsvc.dll.mui" method="delete"/>
</Files>

<Directories>
<Directory path="Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-m..epc-sensors-service*" method="delete"/>
<Directory path="Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-m..s-service.resources*" method="delete"/>
</Directories>

<Registry>
<Keys>
<Key path="ControlSet001\services\SensrSvc" part="system"/>
<Key path="DerivedData\Components\amd64_microsoft-windows-m..epc-sensors-service*" part="components"/>
<Key path="DerivedData\Components\amd64_microsoft-windows-m..s-service.resources*" part="components"/>
<Key path="DerivedData\VersionedIndex\6.1.7601.17514 (win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)\ComponentFamilies\amd64_microsoft-windows-m..epc-sensors-service*" part="components"/>
<Key path="DerivedData\VersionedIndex\6.1.7601.17514 (win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)\ComponentFamilies\amd64_microsoft-windows-m..s-service.resources*" part="components"/>
</Keys>

<Values>
<!-- Only "SensrSvc" needs to be removed from value "LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation" but I don't know yet how-->
<Value path="Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Svchost" value="LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation" part="software" />
</Values>
</Registry>
</Componenet>
</_7Customizer>

I would be really happy to help, because I have good feelings about this application:) :thumbup

@grabben

Would it be possible for you to have 7C search for packages and list them & also being able to remove them?

I am afraid I did not understand your question, could you be more clear?

@Schemek

Do you need any help with adding new components to your program? I mean by simply creating new ones (sorry if example below breaks software copyright) and sending to you to approve:

I would be really happy to help, because I have good feelings about this application:) :thumbup

What you did is a very great job and that what I am aiming for, to let people help me in building the XMLs for every component. I will post a guide for the components XML in this weekend that will explain how to create a component XML. It is on the to do list on the first post. Also, as I always say, keep an eye on the to do list on the first post to know what I am up to. :)

I appreciate your help.

@mrookie

Thank you. I appreciate your help.

Regards

@grabben

I am afraid I did not understand your question, could you be more clear?

Regards

Absolutely:)

I was whondering if 7C (in the future) could scan for packages, language packs and drivers so they can be removed. I know you can remove drivers/updates if they are in the list to be integrated.

And also, I noticed there's xml files for each component to be removed. Is it done by you manually or by 7C? Im sure you can have the components tab search for everything that can be removed and list them nicely:)

Edited by grabben

@grabben

I was whondering if 7C (in the future) could scan for packages, language packs and drivers so they can be removed. I know you can remove drivers/updates if they are in the list to be integrated.And also, I noticed there's xml files for each component to be removed. Is it done by you manually or by 7C? Im sure you can have the components tab search for everything that can be removed and list them nicely:)

Hmmm. I still did not fully understand. I recommend you wait for the components XML explanation and maybe you will find your answer. Also, 7Customizer reads the all XMLs in the components folder and dynamically build the tree you see in the components tab (The explanation of components XML will fully clear this).

So, everyone, do not rush. Be patient and wait till the weekend and I will prepare the explanation and then you could ask your questions :) .

BTW , grabben , did 7customizer worked with you? or still there is a problem?

Regards

@grabben

I was whondering if 7C (in the future) could scan for packages, language packs and drivers so they can be removed. I know you can remove drivers/updates if they are in the list to be integrated.And also, I noticed there's xml files for each component to be removed. Is it done by you manually or by 7C? Im sure you can have the components tab search for everything that can be removed and list them nicely:)

Hmmm. I still did not fully understand. I recommend you wait for the components XML explanation and maybe you will find your answer. Also, 7Customizer reads the all XMLs in the components folder and dynamically build the tree you see in the components tab (The explanation of components XML will fully clear this).

So, everyone, do not rush. Be patient and wait till the weekend and I will prepare the explanation and then you could ask your questions :) .

BTW , grabben , did 7customizer worked with you? or still there is a problem?

Regards

Ill hold on until then :P

Uhm I got it working I tink. SP1 was the issue i think. Like i said, i unpacked it to a new folder and it worked fine. It wasnt a language issue. The tool works just fine removing components etc.

Hi

Tried out the new 7C version 0.5 beta, and used the a "Windows 7 x64 Enterprise SP1" as the source.

I didn't include anything (drivers or hotfixes), but made some random adjustments (unattended.

This gave me a dialogbox with the following text:

"Windows could not complete the installation, To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation."

The "computer" was a VMWare workstation 7.1.3.

If I tried the same source with no manipulation all functioned well.

No error was reported though the 7customizer processing

I have included the log files I found on the 7Customizer folders.

Regards

B115242 :huh:

log.zip

Hi blue,

Right now I tested the new version 0.5 with a Windows 7 SP1.

I integrated 2 extra languages, 11 updates and 488 drivers. (No tweaks, No remove components, No Unattended).

It looks working fine at the start; LangPacks and Updates integrated, start inegrating the drivers ... in a final I got Error 2. When I opened the log files, ther's no error into :blink::wacko:

Here my log file

Regards

log.zip

Edited by coucou

@coucou

I think it's better do not integrate the update Windows6.0-KB947821-v12-x86.msu.

This update will be given with Windows Update, if there is a problem with Windows Servicing.

Personnaly, I don't integrate this update and Windows Update don't give this update with my Windows 7 SP1!

I did NOT integrate Windows6.0-KB947821-v12-x86.msu. On the other hand I did integrate Windows6.1-KB947821-v10-x86.msu

Wait and see :whistle:

Edited by coucou