7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

To all,

Can you help me how to add Windows Media Player 12 into Windows 7 N Ultimate please ?

I tried to integrate it..... but it gets error as re-installing Windows.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.microsoft...0c-a6cef9b414c4

You will need to pass validation to download it and it is a msu file (same format as updates) so you should be able to integrate it using DISM.

If that does not integrate without error, perhaps, try integrating this first, then the above:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=13beb697-e897-40a8-81b5-c20a0529f599

Edited by RickSteele

I tried .... it still does not work .... Thanks for your link

To all,

Can you help me how to add Windows Media Player 12 into Windows 7 N Ultimate please ?

I tried to integrate it..... but it gets error as re-installing Windows.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.microsoft...0c-a6cef9b414c4

You will need to pass validation to download it and it is a msu file (same format as updates) so you should be able to integrate it using DISM.

If that does not integrate without error, perhaps, try integrating this first, then the above:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=13beb697-e897-40a8-81b5-c20a0529f599

Edited by coprua

• 4 weeks later...

Last Active:

Sep 16 2010 10:15 AM

Even I am kind of losing faith now :(

no one believed me when I said it won't go no further and wanted to jump me.

Try the RT7

Mod's unpin and let die

It's not that maxXPsoft; everybody deserves a chance-especially if their endeavor is good/beneficial. The admins must now decide..........

I do not like RT7-use DISM and imageX, but, I agree; time to close the thread and let it go the way of the dinosaurs. Blue has no intention of ever opening it again and continuing development-for whatever reason; if whatever is the cause of his dismay obviously requires more help. So, thanks Blue, is a good program, but, unless you are capable of at least participating, then, goodbye and good luck-get well soon.

"Live Long and Prosper"

Edited by RickSteele

I do not like RT7-use DISM and imageX, but, I agree; time to close the thread and let it go the way of the dinosaurs. Blue has no intention of ever opening it again and continuing development-for whatever reason; if whatever is the cause of his dismay obviously requires more help. So, thanks Blue, is a good program, but, unless you are capable of at least participating, then, goodbye and good luck-get well soon.

"Live Long and Prosper"

I am not very fond of that tool either, but currently it's probably the best one out there, and it's under constant development, so we don't have much choice.

He already said he wasn't going to do nothing with this anymore up above somewhere and asked if someone wanted to take over.

That is reason let it drop and if it comes alive again then so be it.

People keep dropping in here replying and for nothing

Yea.. It clearly ways::

Regarding 7Customizer, I will continue development if the forum members still want me to or I could provide the source code and let someone else continues it.

But lets see what happens.

Edited by grabben

Gew,

I'm in exactly the same boat: I'm not smart enough to write an autoattend.xml with WAIK that actually works and I want to set Users Folder to D: for the same reason as you (as would I imagine every Win 7 User with only 16GB SSD and needing a local cache of an Outlook.pst!)

RT7 Lite also yet does not have this feature added. (I asked for it).

Unless you or anyone else can give me 7Customizer solution or autoattend.xml script to do this, I will try the following:

1. Use nLite (which does allow Users folder location to D:) to install WinXP Pro

2. Upgrade WinXP Pro to Win 7 Pro

I found relocating individual Users folders to D: after installation doesn't cut it because if D: is ever too slow like with an SD card Windows just goes an recreates the profile on C: and starts bloating out C: swamping it

No substitute I think for putting Users Folder to D:

3. Belt and braces may also be to "load ntuser.dat from administrator and under "Volatile Environment"

change the user profile path and save it." according to some advice I was given.

I think it's when Windows senses a 'Volatile Environment' that it otherwises reverts to C: and I think a 'Volatile Environment' may include a set of circumastances where it can't find the D: drive within a certain quite short response time.

Disclaimer: I'm complete novice so I don't necessarily know if any of the above is true or will work but in the absence of any other solution that's what I am going to try.

i

---------

This is awsome!

One particular item on your to do list is of great interest to me.

- "An option to set the Users folder location, program files locations and other folders."

This is in fact the only thing I want to customize on my W7 install disc.

Any chance you/someone could guide me on exactly where in autounattend.xml I should put this:

<FolderLocations>
<ProfilesDirectory>%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Usr</ProfilesDirectory>
<ProgramData>%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Prg</ProgramData>
</FolderLocations>

I'd be thankful ;D