7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

Hi there!

And... I almost forgot. Is there a possibility in the customization process that my account will be Administrator account by default? I'm tired of r-click and "run as administrator" so I wonder if there is a way to always be the administrator :)

Regards!

Hello

You can try to make changes inside the file Autounattend.xml.

Once you have done yours settings just choose "Apply" and don't make an ISO file immediatly.

Once it's done you can see the .xml file inside your source folder for Windows.

You can add this changes (example for Windows 7 Ultimate x86):

<settings pass="oobeSystem">
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<SystemLocale>fr-FR</SystemLocale>
<UILanguage>fr-FR</UILanguage>
<UserLocale>100c:0000100c</UserLocale>
</component>
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<AutoLogon>
<Enabled>true</Enabled>
<LogonCount>9999999</LogonCount>
<Username>myselfidem</Username>
<Password>
<Value>xxxxxx</Value>
<PlainText<false</PlainText>
</Password>
</AutoLogon>
<UserAccounts>
<LocalAccounts>
<LocalAccount wcm:action="add">
<Password>
<PlainText>false</PlainText>
<Value>xxxxxx</Value>
</Password>
<Group>Administrators</Group>
<DisplayName>myselfidem</DisplayName>
<Name>myselfidem</Name>
</LocalAccount>
</LocalAccounts>
</UserAccounts>

Then you can create your ISO file with 7Customizer.

I hope that will help you!

Edited by myselfidem

Thanks myselfidem! Will try that! I found also RT 7 Lite on this forum which seems to be competition to 7customizer. There is already available tweak to skip user account creation and log in automatically as administrator. I will give a try to both app and see which one is better ;)

7Lite has alot of things so in that way. its better then 7C but i find 7C much more stable then 7Lite..

And frankly i really dont care bout removal atm:) could be something later to remove smaller things such as gadgets and windows sounds!

Try both and see which ones you like best;).

Hi @ All.

In the official German Support-Forum for 7Customizer the User pru79 had this error:

He works on Windows 7 HP x64 . He has his Windows data to c:\7customizer\win7x64\ copied.

The files of the customizer are in c:\7customizer .

Now he wanted to integrate updates (only msu-files) and create an ISO file.

With the KLICK on Apply this error comes:

DISM does not support the maintenance of Windows Vista RTM or an older operating system.

If the operating system is supported, check that "SSShim.DLL" is available.

The DISM log file located at C: \ Windows \ Logs \ DISM \ dism.log.

Tool for image management for the provision

Version: 6.1.7600.16385

I've attached the dism.log

I have recommended him to the WAIK for Windows 7 to remove and reinstall.

I have also recommended to him the files of the customizers to remove and reinstall.

I have also recommended him to copy the Windows 7 files to c: \ win7x64 so they do not lie below the installation folder of 7Customizers.

He also writes that in his log file of the customizer also always something of a path of d: \ w7rtm \ ... begins is, but that can not agree as this one

DVD drive that is no media.

If you know this error or a solution for this?

regard beatmaster

dism.rar

@beatmaster :rolleyes:

I think the error is the path for Dism.exe for Windows 7 x64!

Inside the attached file "dism.log", we can see that:

Host machine information: OS Version=6.1.7600, Running architecture=amd64, Number of processors=1
2010-06-13 15:25:30, Info
DISM DISM.EXE: Executing command line: "C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\Servicing\Dism.exe" /mount-wim /wimfile:"C:\7customizer\win7x64\sources\install.wim" /index:2 /mountdir:"work\mount"

Inside mine, I can see for Windows 7 x86 Ultimate:

Host machine information: OS Version=5.1.2600, Running architecture=x86, Number of processors=2
2010-06-14 22:39:51, Info
DISM DISM.EXE: Executing command line: "C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /mount-wim /wimfile:"C:\Win7\sources\install.wim" /index:5 /mountdir:"work\mount"

The path must be: "C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe"

Create a folder inside the root of the HDD, like C:\; D:\,etc and not inside 7Customizer!

C:\win7x64

and not

C:\7customizer\win7x64

With 7Customizer, at the first main menu it's nedeed to choose carefully the path for imagex.exe; Dism.exe and oscdimg.exe.

In this case choose for amd64.

Edited by myselfidem

@beatmaster

I see you have given my answer inside your Web site "win-lite.de" for your member pru79! Thanks.

I've just made a correction inside the last post:

The path must be: "C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe"

I hope his problem will be solved!

Edited by myselfidem

Hi @ All.

In the official German Support-Forum for 7Customizer the User pru79 had this error:

He works on Windows 7 HP x64 . He has his Windows data to c:\7customizer\win7x64\ copied.

The files of the customizer are in c:\7customizer .

Now he wanted to integrate updates (only msu-files) and create an ISO file.

With the KLICK on Apply this error comes:

DISM does not support the maintenance of Windows Vista RTM or an older operating system.

If the operating system is supported, check that "SSShim.DLL" is available.

The DISM log file located at C: \ Windows \ Logs \ DISM \ dism.log.

Tool for image management for the provision

Version: 6.1.7600.16385

I've attached the dism.log

I have recommended him to the WAIK for Windows 7 to remove and reinstall.

I have also recommended to him the files of the customizers to remove and reinstall.

I have also recommended him to copy the Windows 7 files to c: \ win7x64 so they do not lie below the installation folder of 7Customizers.

He also writes that in his log file of the customizer also always something of a path of d: \ w7rtm \ ... begins is, but that can not agree as this one

DVD drive that is no media.

If you know this error or a solution for this?

regard beatmaster

I think it would be nice if you give also a feed back to the MSFN Forum and not only on your Web site, for your members!

Thank you for your understanding.

myselfidem

Edited by myselfidem

Hi! blue4603

Saw that you have include some languages support in the v0.44.

Please add chinese(simplidied) and chinses(traditional) in next version.

I want to use it to creat my customised win7 but don't know how to add chinese with the current version.

Thank you !

Edited by MoorSing

Hello

Make a copy of the file "eng-refrence.lng" localised inside the folder "C:\7Customizer_0.4.4".

You can make the translation with your language and save your new file .LNG (Chinese):Make two files for chinese simplified and traditional.

Put these new files inside the folder "7Customizer\langs".

When you run 7Customizer choose the language you want. At first time, after you've made the choise for your language, restart 7Customizer to take effect! Now you can see your language.

Be carefull with the translation otherwise you can get errors!

Edited by myselfidem