7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

Yea, i hope blue can answer this question, i asked at MDL forum as well.. but no reply there yet..

dism /logpath: gives alot of text that doesnt make a lot of sense to us though, but ">> .log" just writes the whole process into a textfile..

wellwell its not a big issue.

Im also using options to set keyboardlayout but hmm

I've found (French site) an explanation about your question - blinking cursor:

When you want creating a text file, like : >> %work%\Logs\LP.log

That means that the text were displayed inside the file text and not inside the command prompt!

It is the reason you have a blinking cursor! :rolleyes:

Edited by myselfidem

Yea, i hope blue can answer this question, i asked at MDL forum as well.. but no reply there yet..

dism /logpath: gives alot of text that doesnt make a lot of sense to us though, but ">> .log" just writes the whole process into a textfile..

wellwell its not a big issue.

Im also using options to set keyboardlayout but hmm

I've found (French site) an explanation about your question - blinking cursor:

When you want creating a text file, like : >> %work%\Logs\LP.log

That means that the text were displayed inside the file text and not inside the command promt!

It is the reason you have a blinking cursor! :rolleyes:

I already know that and its pretty obvious.. but i want it to show in the prompt and write to logfile, not sure if thats doable?

[ot]

@Grabben: now I remember why I love Sweden besides the girls and the view, I drink ABSOLUTE vodka! :D (made in Sweden)

[/ot]

lol:)

We got girls (i seems to prefer none swedish girls though lol)..

we got stockholm AND

we got the vodka!

@Blue4603

How's it going with next realese/update? all doing good?

When will 7customizer REMOVE components from the windows 7 install and reduce the minimum disk space required for installation. I have an EEEpc /w only a 4GB SSD. I need all the space I can get :)

When will 7customizer REMOVE components from the windows 7 install and reduce the minimum disk space required for installation. I have an EEEpc /w only a 4GB SSD. I need all the space I can get :)

Don't you think that you could have better result using a lite version of xp pro sp3? Blue is working on how to removing components with his program ;)

Don't you think that you could have better result using a lite version of xp pro sp3? Blue is working on how to removing components with his program ;)

As ascatem wrote..

Blue is working on the removal part now but as it says on the first page (as no one seems to read) it will take some time to get it working properly, he knows how to remove them but he needs to test them and after that he might give us a beta version with the remove component feature:).

Almost epic reading fail.

Seriously though going by the title he touts this as being "A replacement for vLite for Windows 7"

That is a huge, misleading statement. While this is a good app, it is not a "vLite" class app...

He REALLY should change the title.

[/rant]

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Seriously though going by the title he touts this as being "A replacement for vLite for Windows 7"

That is a huge, misleading statement. While this is a good app, it is not a "vLite" class app...

He REALLY should change the title.

[/rant]

Why would he do that ?

And what makes this not a vLite replacement for windows 7 ?

This is not a complete app for customizing 7, its just a beta and not in long way complete..

vLite and nLite were\are known the world around for one thing first. That is removals and they did their job VERY well.

I used nLite since the super early betas and the UA section was more of an after thought and was developed rather slowly. 7customizer has gone the other way 'round. UA\Customizations first and he is now working on removals. Nuhi was always on the cusp of removals and that is what he mainly concentrated on.

I am not saying this will never be a replacement for vLite I am just saying he has mislead ALOT of people with his satetment when the app is not able to do what the name says.

It is like calling a house cat a Tiger.

Right now this app ADDS not REMOVES. (I think that is saying enough)

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

vLite and nLite were\are known the world around for one thing first. That is removals and they did their job VERY well.

I used nLite since the super early betas and the UA section was more of an after thought and was developed rather slowly. 7customizer has gone the other way 'round. UA\Customizations first and he is now working on removals. Nuhi was always on the cusp of removals and that is what he mainly concentrated on.

I am not saying this will never be a replacement for vLite I am just saying he has mislead ALOT of people with his satetment when the app is not able to do what the name says.

It is like calling a house cat a Tiger.

Right now this app ADDS not REMOVES. (I think that is saying enough)

I can agree on that point ofcourse :)

But yea he's working on removal part now and sure its not implented, but soon i hope.

7customizer has gone the other way 'round. UA\Customizations first and he is now working on removals. Nuhi was always on the cusp of removals and that is what he mainly concentrated on.

That's true the UA\Customization works realy well with this program.

I realise it's a beta right now.

I was just hoping this program could help me install Windows 7 on a 4GB SSD.

7customizer has gone the other way 'round. UA\Customizations first and he is now working on removals. Nuhi was always on the cusp of removals and that is what he mainly concentrated on.

That's true the UA\Customization works realy well with this program.

I realise it's a beta right now.

I was just hoping this program could help me install Windows 7 on a 4GB SSD.

Goodluck of having the installation stripped down to 4GB..

if its possible id like to see how stable it is :P

i would request remove aero or not needed aero on installation for before dx9 pcs

vista home basic is no aero so it not need aero on installation ... but 7 forced to need aero as minimum requirement.. in fact it isnt needed for os's core