7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

@myselfidem and grabben

when you created the Autologon-Part of 7customizer the entrie is correct.

But when you created an user Autologon without password the entrie is incorrect.

with you it would look like then also be at:

<AutoLogon>
<Enabled>true</Enabled>
<Username>myselfidem</Username>
<Password>
<PlainText>true</PlainText>
<Value />
</Password>
<LogonCount>9999999</LogonCount>
</AutoLogon>

But i think it must be:

<AutoLogon>
<Enabled>true</Enabled>
<Password>
<Value></value>
</Password>
</AutoLogon>

Ahaaaa thats why it looked allright.

Anyone can help me on my issue bout the logging ?

One more question, sorry.

In 7Customizer the Userccount-Creation and Autologon of this User belong together ("Skip user creation and Autologon user").

Is it possible to separate these two parts ?

I mean:

1. Creating a user account

and

2. Autologon ?

Perhaps it is this possible when cutting these parts, so that is not the user created automatically logged.

Only one idea from me :)

beatmaster

One more question, sorry.

In 7Customizer the Userccount-Creation and Autologon of this User belong together ("Skip user creation and Autologon user").

Is it possible to separate these two parts ?

I mean:

1. Creating a user account

and

2. Autologon ?

Perhaps it is this possible when cutting these parts, so that is not the user created automatically logged.

Only one idea from me :)

beatmaster

Yea, think thats better, a checkbox for autologon perhaps :)

@myselfidem and grabben

when you created the Autologon-Part of 7customizer the entrie is correct.

But when you created an user Autologon without password the entrie is incorrect.

with you it would look like then also be at:

<AutoLogon>
<Enabled>true</Enabled>
<Password>
<Value />
</Password>
</AutoLogon>

But i think it must be:

<AutoLogon>
<Enabled>true</Enabled>
<Password>
<Value></value>
</Password>
</AutoLogon>

I will try to use only with my name and whithout a password!

Edited by myselfidem

@beatmaster

After a test I see that without a password all is fine and I've no dialog boxe asking for a password.

I've tried 7Customizer with French language and here is the Autounattend.xml without the password and only my name.

The value is the same like you: <Value /> !

<settings pass="specialize">
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="NonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<AutoLogon>
<Enabled>true</Enabled>
<Username>Antoine</Username>
<Password>
<Value />
</Password>
</AutoLogon>
<TimeZone>W. Europe Standard Time</TimeZone>
<ComputerName>se7en</ComputerName>
</component>

It seems an xml editor error.

But I've tried and I've no problem.

Blue can help us about this question.

Edited by myselfidem

Ill try it myself soon, maybe the german guys have an older version or try to "frame" 7C ? :P Edit: Same for me, correct lines in the xml file Edit2: What the f... is wrong with the s***ty quick editor ?!realmad.gif

<value>123456</value>

Another edit:

How does 7C write to the logfile ?

For my script im using >> work \logs\lp.log

But the cmdwindow wont show the process, it writes directly to the logfile and i get a blinking cursor.. anyone can help on this?

I want the cmdwindow to show the process and i want it to log to a file.

Have you at first created the folder "logs"? Because if it doesn't exists the file log isn't created.

And I see a space beetween work and backslash (work \)!

Could you show your command?

Example, when I try to have an log file or an text file for the command DEL:

I create at first the folder: logs (like your example).

C:\del /? > C:\7Customizer_0.4.4\work\logs\del.log (or del.txt)

About the Editor, I've sometimes the same problem: I think it happens when two or may guys are writing and posting at the same time inside the same topic!

Edited by myselfidem

Ill try it myself soon, maybe the german guys have an older version or try to "frame" 7C ? :P Edit: Same for me, correct lines in the xml file Edit2: What the f... is wrong with the s***ty quick editor ?!realmad.gif
<value>123456</value>

Another edit:How does 7C write to the logfile ? For my script im using >> work \logs\lp.logBut the cmdwindow wont show the process, it writes directly to the logfile and i get a blinking cursor.. anyone can help on this?I want the cmdwindow to show the process and i want it to log to a file.

Have you at first created the folder "logs"? Because if it doesn't exists the file log isn't created.And I see a space beetween work and backslash (work \)!Could you show your command?Example, when I try to have an log file or an text file for the command DEL:I create at first the folder: logs (like your example).C:\del /? > C:\7Customizer_0.4.4\work\logs\del.log (or del.txt)About the Editor, I've sometimes the same problem: I think it happens when two or may guys are writing and posting at the same time inside the same topic!

Ofcourse i let my script first create that folder called "logs". yea i misspelled but problem is not that its not creating the logfile beacuse it

does BUT if i have it create logfiles like the command "<dism command >> work\logs\lp.log" for example, the process wont show in the cmd window

but just a blinkinh cursor.

Here's the command: "%WAIK%\Tools\%arch%\Servicing\dism.exe" /image:"%work%\mount" /add-package /packagepath:"%work%\lp\%lp%" >> %work%\Logs\LP.log

You think that could be the problem with the editor ? hmm maybe, im not sure.

Hey blue, how's it going with component feature ? getting very eager to try it out :P

Edited by grabben

One more day and I will post the Italian translation, I'm about at 70% of the translating, but I need some time to see if there are problems with the program (some of the translations are slightly longer than the originals).

One more day and I will post the Italian translation, I'm about at 70% of the translating, but I need some time to see if there are problems with the program (some of the translations are slightly longer than the originals).

Same with swedish but that happens :P

Lol

@ blue: For some kinds of buttons you may use the same label (for example for the "Browse" button, with only one label you can name them all). You'll have less rows in the file (I know, I'm lazy :D).

Lol@ blue: For some kinds of buttons you may use the same label (for example for the "Browse" button, with only one label you can name them all). You'll have less rows in the file (I know, I'm lazy :D).
Thats a good idea. use same label for Browse, insert and remove buttons perhaps.Is it "perfetto" (perfect?) :P

I realy dont speek italian but the language is kinda beatiful and so is the country + i have a friend living there:)

Edited by grabben

@ blue: another good thing it would be if you can put a label in the language file to insert the link of the visual guide, so if I choose Italian language I've got the link of the Italian guide and not the yours.

I appreciate if in the top of the file you would add a LaguageAuthor label where everyone who add a language can insert is nickname (you don't show it in the program).

for example in my Italian.lng file in the top might I've LaguageAuthor=Ascatem (or maybe if some correct my version Ascatem,user,user,etc)

I've a tecnical question, I'm a programmer (mainly c++), but I've never wrote a multilanguage program, how do you "insert" a language in a program? a code example would be great!

thanks, byez!

edit_1: why when I select the path of my windows 7 folder appears a table with all the column names in English? We can't change them?

edit_2: On the tweaks label, Explorer sub-label, on the end, at the voice "Drive Letters:" (driveLettersLBL) on the right it appears a menu with 4 items, they are all in English.

edit_3: On the tweaks label, Start Menu sub-label, every descending menu has 4 items, all in English (default, display as.., display as.., don't display).

edit_4: On the tweaks label, taskbar sub-label, I need more space in the graphic for taskbarBtnLbl (I've to use 42 characters, now I can see only 34 of them) and the descending menu is in English

edit_5: On the tweaks label, system sub-label, I need more space in the graphic for uacLeveLbl (I've to use 28 characters, now I can see only 24 of them) and the descending menu is in English

edit_6: On the tweaks label, services sub-label, row description is in English, Services name are in English and so do the descriptions and the descending menus, is it possible to translate them in the future? (I think you take them from other sources, but it would be great if we can translate the into our languages)

edit_7: On the tweaks label, themes sub-label, I need more space in the graphic for wallpapersLBL3 (I've to use about 170/180 characters, I think it's better if you add a second row to not increase the windows size ;) )

edit_8: On the unattended label, I need more space in the graphic for skipUser (I've to use about 60 characters I see only 55 of them) and the descending manu for network and pc protection are in English

Edited by ascatem

The Italian language file for the latest version of 7Customizer. After the release of the new version of the program I'll rewrite my visual guide and I hope some Italian user help me to update and improve the language file.

link

Edited by ascatem

quote]

Ofcourse i let my script first create that folder called "logs". yea i misspelled but problem is not that its not creating the logfile beacuse it

does BUT if i have it create logfiles like the command "<dism command >> work\logs\lp.log" for example, the process wont show in the cmd window

Here's the command: "%WAIK%\Tools\%arch%\Servicing\dism.exe" /image:"%work%\mount" /add-package /packagepath:"%work%\lp\%lp%" >> %work%\Logs\LP.log

I've tried to have a log file. And the only thing I read inside "LP.log" is that "operation successfully"!

I think it's not useful, but the result is the same: the package - language en-US - is integrated and you can see the log file also inside:

%Systemdrive%\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

You can see the options for DISM inside "7Customizer\work\testdism.txt" or with "DISM /? >C:\dism.txt" with the command prompt. If I try to have a log file I have the same result you discribe! But the result is the same. I don't know the reason why the text doesn't appear inside the command prompt!?

Maybe Blue can give us an answer.

You can see that the integration is 99,9%. I think it's because the package is alredy integrated, because I've made this operation many times!

Edited by myselfidem

quote]

I've tried to have a log file. And the only thing I read inside "LP.log" is that "operation successfully"!

I think it's not useful, but the result is the same: the package - language en-US - is integrated and you can see the log file also inside:

%Systemdrive%\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

You can see the options for DISM inside "7Customizer\work\testdism.txt" or with "DISM /? >C:\dism.txt" with the command prompt. If I try to have a log file I have the same result you discribe! But the result is the same. I don't know the reason why the text doesn't appear inside the command prompt!?

Maybe Blue can give us an answer.

You can see that the integration is 99,9%. I think it's because the package is alredy integrated, because I've made this operation many times!

Yea, i hope blue can answer this question, i asked at MDL forum as well.. but no reply there yet..

dism /logpath: gives alot of text that doesnt make a lot of sense to us though, but ">> .log" just writes the whole process into a textfile..

wellwell its not a big issue.

Im also using options to set keyboardlayout but hmm