7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

@ myselfidem

You are most welcome

@ grabben

How do you make 7C? in what program ?

What do you mean?

Regards

Hi.

I think he mean in which program you develope 7C. Probably in C#...

Yea thats what i ment, sorry i wasnt clear (lack of english vocabulary or something :P)

Is it in C or even VB ?

Im asking beacuse ive made a script to integrate drivers and updates etc now id like to make an app of it.

Edited by grabben

@ grabben

Yea thats what i ment, sorry i wasnt clear (lack of english vocabulary or something :P)

Is it in C or even VB ?

Im asking beacuse ive made a script to integrate drivers and updates etc now id like to make an app of it.

7Customizer is developed in C# using Visual Studio 2008.

What is this script? (You mentioned it many times)

Regards

@ grabben

Is it in C or even VB ?

7Customizer is developed in C# using Visual Studio 2008.

What is this script? (You mentioned it many times)

Regards

Ah oke in VS :)

Uhm just a script i made using dism to integrate things to windows 7 (language pack to install.wim and/or boot.wim, updates, drivers, wallpapers, uxthemepatch

and some more but dont get to impressed yet, its just a cmd script i made:P

Edit: Hey blue got an ide here:)

Can you make it able to integrate gadgets for the sidebar?

Im working on it myself for my script and thougt you might wanted to do the same:)

Edited by grabben

OS=Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) OEM (purchased by me from NCIX.com-B.C. e-tailer)

Fresh install, boot partition securely erased, 2*300G VelociRaptor in RAID0

Implemented but still need testing:

12. Themes integration

Signed themes integrate correctly.

6. Known bugs
1. 7Customizer sometimes fails to read the images information correctly (This is related to using 7Customizer on a modified installation source)(This issue is solved in 0.4.4 but it is still not tested).

Reads modified installation source correctly, but, in tweaks will show services for features that have been previously disabled using DISM (a limitation in DISM-"disable pending")update: This, however, does not carry over into the completed install-all features disabled in the previously modified source are mirrored in Services with no entries. Would it be possible, perhaps, to read the current machines registry (if it has the OS being modified installed) and include an option to mirror the services states in 7Customizers' services tweaks section?

2. 7Customizer might not label the ISO.

Labels ISO correctly.

3. When selecting updates 7Customizer, some time you will be able to select one update only. If you select more than one update 7Customizer will crash.(This issue is solved in 0.4.4 but it is still not tested).

I used 7Customizer on an untouched source and a modified source; on the first I included close to 300 updates-it integrated all correctly; on the second I included only one additional update-the modified source already has the "close to 300 updates integrated"; again it performed flawlessly.

Would it be possible to allow 7Customizer to recognize cabbed updates-not in msu format, ie: such as those contained in windowsupdateagent30-7.4.7600.226-x64.exe-in the future, or executables?

One last thing I found to be very nice was 7Customizer immediately found all the OPK files it required on launch-I have the latest OPK installed-without browsing for anything.

....very nice program, thanks much!

Update

Both iso's created as above ie: untouched and modified, installed without error on OEM win 7-64bit Ultimate

...beautiful!!!

Edited by RickSteele

@Blue

I have yet a problem which is not solved. The Marvell Yukon Ethernet Driver v11.24.5.3 is not integrated. Your tool does not report any problems while it works. Have you any idea ? All other drivers are integrates without probs.

DISM does not cooperate with this Driver ? I have extract the files with 7zip.

I had a similar problem and solved it by moving my drivers all to one folder at the root of my DISM working folder; DISM has a queer problem sometimes with the way a folder is named ie: 64-bit Floppy Configuration Utility_9.6.0.1014 vs 64-bit_Boot_9.6.0.1014; it will not recognize the first name, consequently not integrating the drivers, once renamed to the latter=no problem. I named my Marvel LAN driver folder yk62x64_v11.24.3.3. Also, DISM does not seem to appreciate too much folder depth-folders within folders, within folders.......

I have eliminated all white spaces in any of the folder names I wish to use to modify my source; 7Customizer seemed to like it all.

Hope this helps.

Edited by RickSteele

I'm getting an error when I try to launch the executable. Anyone run into this before? Here is the contents of my log file:

=== 7Customizer Started===

7Customizer verion: 0.4.4

7Customizer path: C:\Windows7\7Customizer_0.4.4\7Customizer.exe

Current directory: C:\Windows7\7Customizer_0.4.4

OS architecture: x86

Work folder found: True

Mount folder found: True

Themes folder found: True

Languages folder found: True

Extract utility found: True

Configuration file found: True

bootorder.txt file found: True

Boot sector file found: True

Elevated: True

No language loaded

Unexpected Error: Input string was not in a correct format.

at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)

at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)

at System.Int32.Parse(String s)

at _7Customizer.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

You can find some help for 7Customizer with Windows XP SP3 at he fisrt post:

Extract:

8. Using 7Customizer in XP

Note: I have tested 7Customizer in Windows XP. It did not work well.

7Customizer is developed and tested in Windows vista or 7. I will not test nor support 7Customizer under XP because WAIK for 7 does not support XP (This is from Microsoft). However to use 7Customizer in XP you will need two tools: DISM and ImageX.

1. To get dism in xp, jaclaz has posted a link to install dism on XP (it is in the first page of this thread).

2. To get ImageX in xp, download and install WAIK for Vista.

You could also google for this and you might find an easier way.

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

This is awsome!

One particular item on your to do list is of great interest to me.

- "An option to set the Users folder location, program files locations and other folders."

This is in fact the only thing I want to customize on my W7 install disc.

Any chance you/someone could guide me on exactly where in autounattend.xml I should put this:

<FolderLocations>
<ProfilesDirectory>%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Usr</ProfilesDirectory>
<ProgramData>%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Prg</ProgramData>
</FolderLocations>

I'd be thankful ;D

@ grabben

Edit: Hey blue got an ide here:)

Can you make it able to integrate gadgets for the sidebar?

OK. Thanks for the suggestion.

@ RickSteele

Would it be possible, perhaps, to read the current machines registry (if it has the OS being modified installed) and include an option to mirror the services states in 7Customizers' services tweaks section?

Hmmmm. It is possible. However, I will leave this discussion for a future release.

Would it be possible to allow 7Customizer to recognize cabbed updates-not in msu format, ie: such as those contained in windowsupdateagent30-7.4.7600.226-x64.exe-in the future, or executables?

If dism support it(which I think it does), then it could be done.

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I really appreciate it.

@Ecclesiastes76

Windows XP is not supported until now. You could wait for a future release.

@ Gew

Any chance you/someone could guide me on exactly where in autounattend.xml I should put this:

You could ask your question in this thread here.

Regards

I tried 7Customizer 0.4.4 today with my Win7 Enterprise. The ISO file was created successfully and burnt to dvd disc. However, when I tried to run setup on my Dell OptiPlex 760, I got the error message saying that my CD/DVD device driver is missing. There is no such error when I run setup from the original dvd.

Can someone point out what I did wrong and/or why I got this kind of error message?

My PC specs:

Dell OptiPlex 760

Windows 7 Enterprise loaded

WAIK for win7

7customizer v0.4.4

I tried 7Customizer 0.4.4 today with my Win7 Enterprise. The ISO file was created successfully and burnt to dvd disc. However, when I tried to run setup on my Dell OptiPlex 760, I got the error message saying that my CD/DVD device driver is missing. There is no such error when I run setup from the original dvd.

Can someone point out what I did wrong and/or why I got this kind of error message?

My PC specs:

Dell OptiPlex 760

Windows 7 Enterprise loaded

WAIK for win7

7customizer v0.4.4

Burn it again on slower speed or create the .iso file manually using oscdimg command in "Deployment Tools Command prompt".

@blue4603

Thanks for the reply...I decided not to quote the post again since it is so recent.

Just a couple of other thoughts:

1) if possible could you make 7Customizer include the option to load the boot.wim also; I load it to integrate my boot/system (RAID F6/SATA etc.)drivers-it is an option in DISM-you must specify boot.wim index 1 or 2.

2)I know removing shipping programs is for later, but, DISM has a builtin feature to disable features; ie: the games, Windows Search, indexing service, Windows Media Center...etc. I like to disable the features with DISM because the services will not load in the install. This is not removing programs persay; it is all completely reversible in either DISM or after install in Programs and Features, so, therefore will not cause anyone any permanent/unreversable grief.

Just more food for thought and thanks