7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

Well, in my case I was reading the key from the box, so.. :)

Regarding the services, yes you are right. But having the drop-down menu appear upon clicking anywhere on the button would still be nice :P It would make sense too, because you do get the "animation" (if moving the button slightly can be called so) anyway.

Hey Blue,

great job on all the work you have done,

the integrating the oem cert is especially useful for the oem pre-activated automated installs, so could you see about adding this in for a next release?

Thanks

Hey Blue,

the integrating the oem cert is especially useful for the oem pre-activated automated installs, so could you see about adding this in for a next release?

Thanks

You know it says he will add OEMbranding in future releases right ? (if it includes certs which are copied to \system32\oem folder IDK).

ALL WHO WILL USE SWEDISH LANGUAGE!!

Important message!:

Swedish translation is not 100% complete (yet) for release 043, not sure wether blue has added some more stuff to 044).

So please feel free to translate it :) (perhaps even better than me).

@ TheWalrus

Well, in my case I was reading the key from the box, so.. :)

Regarding the services, yes you are right. But having the drop-down menu appear upon clicking anywhere on the button would still be nice :P It would make sense too, because you do get the "animation" (if moving the button slightly can be called so) anyway.

I might look into these matters later but for now I will keep them as is.

@ DarkMass @grabben

Hey Blue,

Thanks

You know it says he will add OEMbranding in future releases right ? (if it includes certs which are copied to \system32\oem folder IDK).

As I said before, we will discuss oem cert later. OEM branding will be implemented for sure.

@grabben

Important message!:

Swedish translation is not 100% complete (yet) for release 043, not sure wether blue has added some more stuff to 044).

I only added the ability to translate the language menu in 0.4.4.

Regards

Edited by blue4603

@ DarkMass @grabben

Hey Blue,

Thanks

As I said before, we will discuss oem cert later. OEM branding will be implemented for sure.

@grabben

Important message!:

I only added the ability to translate the language menu in 0.4.4.

Regards

Ofcourse thats an later issue :)

Right now OEMbranding is more important obviously, the info is copied to pretty much any fold you want but to apply oemlogos, the .reg file needs to be edited aswell with the right path.

I experienced some problems with this oeminfo when working on my script :P...

Hi everyone. First of all, thank you so much for your time developing this app blue.

I was wondering, is it possible to change environment variables? Like "windows", "temp", "users" and "program files" folders to another location?

If not, can this feature be added later on?

Edited by nym-ph

Got rid of the 7Customizer Debug error I was getting, basically I re-made a Win7x64 ISO image with UltraISO problem solved!

I now have a flawless 7Customized ISO image of Win7 x64 Retail with the aid of Driver Magician & Windows Update downloader.

I used Novicorp WinToFlash 0.6.0005 beta which converts 7Customized images to USB stick installations as I found Microsofts USB tool wont work with customized Images of Windows lol

Credit to blue for 7customizer_0.4.2a I found this build very stable

Looking forward to future releases with added features.

Keep up the good work!

Tinkering with build 0.4.4,

Blue is there any chance you could add a remove button to both themes & wallpapers, luckily I saved my custom presets so didnt have to entirly restart from scratch.

Thanks

Got rid of the 7Customizer Debug error I was getting, basically I re-made a Win7x64 ISO image with UltraISO problem solved!

I now have a flawless 7Customized ISO image of Win7 x64 Retail with the aid of Driver Magician & Windows Update downloader.

I used Novicorp WinToFlash 0.6.0005 beta which converts 7Customized images to USB stick installations as I found Microsofts USB tool wont work with customized Images of Windows lol

Credit to blue for 7customizer_0.4.2a I found this build very stable

Looking forward to future releases with added features.

Keep up the good work!

It does work, but not when created with 7C appearently, when i do it with DISM and deployment tool command prompt it works just fine!

(or atleast having the new iso created with my script).

Tinkering with build 0.4.4,

Blue is there any chance you could add a remove button to both themes & wallpapers, luckily I saved my custom presets so didnt have to entirly restart from scratch.

Thanks

I hope he will do that :)

Hello,

I'm trying this tool but it doesn't workt. When I select the Windows 7 installation source in this case D:\Win7 it give an error.

Here is the log file :

=== 7Customizer Started===

7Customizer verion: 0.4.4

7Customizer path: C:\Archive Temp\7Customizer_0.4.4\7Customizer.exe

Current directory: C:\Archive Temp\7Customizer_0.4.4

OS architecture: x86

Work folder found: True

Mount folder found: True

Themes folder found: True

Languages folder found: True

Extract utility found: True

Configuration file found: True

bootorder.txt file found: True

Boot sector file found: True

Elevated: True

No language loaded

Getting drive info

Free space: 14,6944351196289 GB

Getting drive info: Done

Saved Imagex path:

Saved DISM path:

Saved odcdimg path:

ImageX Path Selected

ImageX Path: C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\imagex.exe

Dism Path Selected

Dism Path: C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe

Oscdimg Path Selected

oscdimg Path: C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\oscdimg.exe

Windows source path selected

Sources folder found

install.wim found

install.wim size: 2833 MB

Added: "C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\imagex.exe">work\testimagex.txt

Testing imagex

Imagex result begin:

Imagex result file created.

Imagex result end.

Added: "C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe">work\testdism.txt

Testing dism

dism result begin:

dism result end.

added: "C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\imagex.exe" /XML /info "D:\Win7\sources\install.wim">work\imagesinfo.xml

Starting imagex

Imagex created imagesinfo.xml Successfully

Reading images information from imagesinfo.xml

First 5 lines of imagesinfo.xml

Unexpected Error: Root element is missing.

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()

at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)

at _7Customizer.Form1.selectImagePathBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

What could cause the error : Root element is missing.

I want to make an unattended installation of Win7 64 bit on a 32 bit laptop. Could this be the problem ?

What could cause the error : Root element is missing.

I want to make an unattended installation of Win7 64 bit on a 32 bit laptop. Could this be the problem ?

@jslegers

Hello.

I think you have right, the problem is that you try to make an unattended installation for Windows 7 64 bits on a 32 bits laptop. When I've tried I had the same problem. I think it's needed to have the same architecture x64 installed for make an unattended Win7 x64 and the same for x86 (32 bits).

Edited by myselfidem

His problem is that he picked x64 for DISM; Imagex and oscdimg when he's using an 32bit OS

ImageX Path: C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\imagex.exe
Dism Path Selected
Dism Path: C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe
Oscdimg Path Selected
oscdimg Path: C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\oscdimg.exe

On the first page:

4. When choosing the path for ImageX and DISM, make sure you choose the same exe architecture (x86 or amd64) as your Windows.
eg when using Windows 7 x64 choose the ImageX located in amd64 inside the WAIK installation

Edited by grabben

Hi Blue,

thanks for 0.4.4 with language support from Beatmaster of german win-lite forum.

I have integrated many updates again. Also many drivers and themes. All these are really integrated and I can chose my theme which I want to see.

Of course I have made it on a running 64-bit-system !So the 64-bit drivers are integrated!

I used always the same environment (always 64-bit!).

log.txt

Edited by pedilover

@ blue

I have one question for the integration of Wallpapers.

Is not it possible that you can replace the original wallpaper directly ?

I think that is integrating the user their own, do not need the original wallpaper.

Is this just be an idea to me.

Especially the new wallpaper then present directly after the Windows 7 installation.

Otherwise, many thanks :thumbup for the new version and the integration of languages

@ All

What do you think about it?

beatmaster

=== 7Customizer Started===

7Customizer verion: 0.4.4

7Customizer path: C:\Archive Temp\7Customizer_0.4.4\7Customizer.exe

Current directory: C:\Archive Temp\7Customizer_0.4.4

@jslegers

I think it's better to expand "7Customizer_0.4.4.rar" on a partition (C:\; H:\; F:\,...) and not on a temp folder.

Regards

Edited by myselfidem