7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

Hi Blue,

The oem cert comes with systems pre-activated by maufacturers such as dell, hp etc etc

and some people back them up along with their key so that they can re-install the os without all the junk apps they usually include

The oem branding just add the support information of the manufacturer along with a logo in your system properties

Extra infof or you who doesnt know:

OEM branding is just info but to activate windows like oemmanufacture does you need slic 2.1 in bios and proper certificate and not alla computers has that.

Altho if 7C could perhaps read/copy this info it'd be great for ppl who wants to reinstall their computers due to a hardware fault or whatever..

Hi Blue4603

first of all thanks for your very useful program....

I've tried even R7 lite but for me it's too heavy and slow than 7customizer...but it' has some fetures such as possibility to remove many parts in windows7 as Tablet Pc ,languages, and many more ...

Do you think in future it could be possible even with your program..?

You havent read the first page and some parts in bold ?

@ myselfidem

I see that cacls don't work, maybe you can try icacls:

Why it is not working?. I have tried it and it is working fine.

Hello Blue

I've found the reason.

It's because I have a localised Windows 7 version (French) and in this case the batch file don't work. I need to translate Everyone by "Tout le Monde" and it works.

Like this:

cacls "work\Themes" /e /t /p "Tout le Monde":F

There is not this problem with the command icacls with an localised version.

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

Hi Blue,

The oem cert comes with systems pre-activated by maufacturers such as dell, hp etc etc

and some people back them up along with their key so that they can re-install the os without all the junk apps they usually include

The oem branding just add the support information of the manufacturer along with a logo in your system properties

Extra infof or you who doesnt know:

OEM branding is just info but to activate windows like oemmanufacture does you need slic 2.1 in bios and proper certificate and not alla computers has that.

Altho if 7C could perhaps read/copy this info it'd be great for ppl who wants to reinstall their computers due to a hardware fault or whatever..

already knew about slic 2.1, just wanted the system properties to show oem info just for finishing touch for having the choice of it

Edited by DarkMass

already knew about slic 2.1, just wanted the system properties to show oem info just for finishing touch for having the choice of it

Exactly :)

Having OEM info (and able to customize it ofcourse) is indeed a nice thing.

@ DarkMass

OK. I will implement oem branding in future release.

Thanks for the suggestion.

@ grabben

I do not thinl I will implement that because I will not be able to test. However, let's discuss this

matter in the future.

@ myselfidem

Hello Blue

I've found the reason.

It's because I have a localised Windows 7 version (French) and in this case the batch file don't work. I need to translate Everyone by "Tout le Monde" and it works.

Like this:

cacls "work\Themes" /e /t /p "Tout le Monde":F

Then I think it is better to make it like this

cacls "work\Themes" /e /t /p "S-1-1-0":F

So it will work on english and localized windows.

@ pedilover

Hi Blue,

I have tried it again and fully success. It works! All my themes are integrated, all my updates are integrated and all my drivers are integrated.

Good work, man !

My log - file is here!

Glad it worked for you and thanks for the feedback

@ beatmaster , @ henrique araujo

I will integrate them in the next release. Thanks.

Regards

Hello Blue

I see that "S-1-1-0" is for Everyone ("Tout le monde") but this command don't work for localised versions:

If I write "Tout le monde" it works; and if I write "S-1-1-0" don't work. And I don't know why?

But this one works fine:

icacls "work\Themes" /grant *S-1-5-32-544:F

Here is the French.lng(zip) for 7Customizer_0.4.3.

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

@ DH.Omega

Hi Blue,

here are the Japanese.lng(.zip file).

Japanese.lng 0.4.3

Regards

Thank you. I will integrate it in the next release.

@ grabben

Im certian Blue appreciate all the work we do for him as much as we appreciate his work for us.

Thanks alot Blue :)

You are most welcome. Thank you also for your help and support (you and all the members who helped and supported the development of 7Customizer).

@ myselfidem

Hello Blue

I see that "S-1-1-0" is for Everyone ("Tout le monde") but this command don't work for localised versions:

If I write "Tout le monde" it works; and if I write "S-1-1-0" don't work. And I don't no why?

But this one works fine:

icacls "work\Themes" /grant *S-1-5-32-544:F

Hmmmm. I developed a small code to obtain the localized name form the sid (I hope you could test it and report back). I do not want to use icacls because it is not available in xp (which I will check if it will be supported in the future releases or not).

Here is the French.lng(zip) for 7Customizer_0.4.3.

Thanks. I will integrate it in the next release.

Regards

Edited by blue4603

I got a suggestion and a bug report:

suggestion:

I assume that the CD key always has same format in terms of length of each segment of chars, so when you type in enough chars in current tab, make the cursor advance to next one? At least Windows install does this :)

bug:

When digging in services I found out that when I highlighted one and then clicked on the button, nothing happened except for the button moving slightly (two pixels?) to the right. I had to click twice to make the drop-down menu appear.

Oh and btw, I believe vLite has the option to remove integrated drivers after their installation (they apparently would be uselessly stored

somwwhere if not). Perhaps we could have the same in 7C?

@ TheWalrus

I assume that the CD key always has same format in terms of length of each segment of chars, so when you type in enough chars in current tab, make the cursor advance to next one? At least Windows install does this

Yes it is a 25 charchters key. Your suggestion is nice however it is not neccessary since you could paste the key in the first field directly and it will be filled in the rest of the fields.

so if you copied your key 1234-12345-12345-12345-12345 and pasted in the first field, all the fields will be filled automatically.

When digging in services I found out that when I highlighted one and then clicked on the button, nothing happened except for the button moving slightly (two pixels?) to the right. I had to click twice to make the drop-down menu appear.

You could click directly on the drop down arrow and it will open immediatly.

Oh and btw, I believe vLite has the option to remove integrated drivers after their installation (they apparently would be uselessly stored

somwwhere if not). Perhaps we could have the same in 7C?

This is part of removing components. It will be implemented in future releases.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards