7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

Now I reinstall a clean version on my laptop. I will come back with the results. Thx for your help.

L.E. Unfortunatelly, it seems that I am not gonna succed that operation. I just finished installing a clean version of 7 on my laptop and i get the same error. I don't know why. I did it exactelly as you descrived, an unmodifyed OS, WAIK 7 from Microsoft site, downloaded the last version of 7 from a tracker, BiE version from February and after all that "trouble"... as I said... it's not working, i get the same error. I give up. I just wanted to make an updated version of my personal modifyed OS, but at the end, i will update it and this is it.

But anyway, thank you very much for your time and your kindness in trying to help me.

Regards,

Adadu

Edited by Adadu

@Adadu

Extract of the guide:

3.Requirements:

1. Windows Vista or Windows 7. (32 bit or 64 bit) (Operating System)

2. If using Vista, .net framework 3.5. (here)

3. WAIK for Windows 7 (here). You could use WAIK in any language (English,German, Italian ,...... etc)

5. Windows installation source. (your DVD Windows 7)

You can also clean the prefetch: "Run" and write prefetch

Deleete alls files inside except "ReadyBoot" and restart the computer.

Regards

Hello Blue,

a little bug I have found in the ISO creation.

A user told me that no ISO file was created, although gave no error 7customizer,

in the log you could read the following:

Creating ISO file: H:\Downloads\TEMP\Genticus Win7 x64.iso

Finished creating ISO file

Done. Exiting 7Customizer

Nevertheless, the ISO file was not present at the location.

The error was due to the spaces in the name of the ISo file. Without these spaces, the ISO has been properly produced.

Can you still fix it in a future version?

beatmaster

The error was due to the spaces in the name of the ISo file. Without these spaces, the ISO has been properly produced.

Can you still fix it in a future version?

beatmaster

He probably can't, most things create iso has to be 16 characters max and .iso, no spaces in what I've tried however you can use _

Genticus_7_x64

EDIT: on the oscdimage he uses

-llabelname

Specifies the volume label. Do not use spaces between the l and labelname.

For example, -lMYLABEL

Edited by maxXPsoft

Now I reinstall a clean version on my laptop. I will come back with the results. Thx for your help.

L.E. Unfortunatelly, it seems that I am not gonna succed that operation. I just finished installing a clean version of 7 on my laptop and i get the same error. I don't know why. I did it exactelly as you descrived, an unmodifyed OS, WAIK 7 from Microsoft site, downloaded the last version of 7 from a tracker, BiE version from February and after all that "trouble"... as I said... it's not working, i get the same error. I give up. I just wanted to make an updated version of my personal modifyed OS, but at the end, i will update it and this is it.

But anyway, thank you very much for your time and your kindness in trying to help me.

Regards,

Adadu

I think like you: the problem is to use a customized version of Windows 7: BIE version!

You need a clean Windows 7 DVD!

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

I think like you: the problem is to use a customized version of Windows 7: BIE version!

You need a clean Windows 7 DVD!

Regards

You recommand me to use an un'updated kit? For me there is no point in doing that. My previous version was updated until November I think... My main interests was to rebuild from scratch my customised version.

But thank you very much for your sugestion.

Regards,

Adadu

@wazer

Blue is not happy with his tool, because there is no advance and so he has lost the interest. The same thing with the WinIntegrator from StefanRTR.There is no further development.

But there is hope: bensam56 from the Rockers Team has RT Seven Lite - Beta build 1.02 released. In the moment it is very buggy, but we will see if the development comes.

Edited by pedilover

Well if he lost interest, he could atleast let us know that he's shutting down the business.

If he has, it is very unfortunate for all of us as we supported (and for every user ofcourse) and did our best to help but i do respect his choice but i do not like it:/

Anyone else being able to take over 7C if he doesnt want to continue developing (which i hope he wants to) ??.

Edited by grabben

Hi,

Sorry for not replying.

I am currently very busy on a project. I work even in weekends. I always stay late till midnight and once I went home 4:45 am. So it is currently not possible for me to even reply here. However, the project go live is on Wednesday 17 March. That means next week it will be finished. Then I can continue the development of 7Customizer.

Sorry again for not replying.

Regards

Hi,

Sorry for not replying.

I am currently very busy on a project. I work even in weekends. I always stay late till midnight and once I went home 4:45 am. So it is currently not possible for me to even reply here. However, the project go live is on Wednesday 17 March. That means next week it will be finished. Then I can continue the development of 7Customizer.

Regards

Hi blue.

Just take your time and sort things in real life first ;).

Regards, X.

Hi Blue,

I was afraid the project is dead. But nice to hear that it will be continued.That is a good message for all of us who are waiting for a new version of your tool. But it is o.k.: first real life!

Regards

Hi,

Sorry for not replying.

Regards

AHA I knew it!

Good to hear from you again Blue:D, hope ur doing allright:)

If there is interest in this tool and some intersets in helping me in developing this tool, I will continue developing. If not i will just continue until I get bored :rolleyes:

Later if it gets some attention, I will release the source code

Regards

Sure there is interest in such a tool. :thumbup

A good start before releasing the source code would be to release the actual app, instead of a couple of screenshots... :whistle:

With all due respect :), I doubt that even the few features implemented are actually tested extensively :rolleyes: , until you release it and let people play a bit with it.

jaclaz

Is Windows 7 Enterprise supported for customization - I haven't had a chance to test it but I have played with Professional and this tool is great - Thanks for the time.