7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

I suggest a solution for those are making some modifications.

If you change the language in the "bootorder.txt" with your current language, you have an error when you make the iso file.

"Could not find boot.wi" or other text.

Take care when you make this opération to "just" add only one space after the last line:

sources\boot.wim and save the file.

You can see the attachments.

Image Capture.PNG modifications made in "bootorder.txt" with one space.

Image Capture3.PNG iso file with error

Image Capture1.PNG iso file with no error

Thank you.

Edited by myselfidem

I suggest a solution for those are making some modifications.

If you change the language in the "bootorder.txt" with your current language, you have an error when you make the iso file.

Take care when you make this opération to "just" add only one space after the last line:

Image Capture.PNG modifications made in "bootorder.txt" with one space.

Image Capture3.PNG iso file with error

Image Capture1.PNG iso file with no error

Thank you.

As stated on the first page and others, this is not an issue so it doesnt really matter as long as its working.

But if blue can get rid of it. ok..

Blue4603:)

May i upload 7Costumizer to my skydrive and then maybe post the link on other sites or just for personal use?

An idea: Could u make 7C able to just mount whatever version you choose? and afterwards if i want to, save it?

@felzio

Read the first post. It is clearly stated that do not use 7Customizer on a modified image.

@Floppy

Testing 64bit Windows in a virtual machine might not work most of the times

@Rav

Hmmmm, no this issue is related to 7Customizer. I will try to resolve it in a future release.

@zeezam

Is it possible to make a wim instead of iso?

No you cannot do it with 7Customizer(and I am not planning to implement this feature) but you can do it with imagex.

@Bishop

Is there a way to confirm if the drivers you tried to integrate are actually integrated? For example when testing the built image with VirtualBox can I also 'see' if the drivers I intended to integrate are actually present?

Hmmm, makes me wondering. Anyways, it will need some research. I will try to find out later and respond to you.

@RedRSX04

Glad it worked for you. Could you post your log? It would be really helpful.

@beatmaster

Could you post your log and which wallpaper was not accepted?

@grabben

Maybe you dont want to download WAIK for Windows 7 so i uploaded the files 7C needs, hope it works to:P

Do not distribute parts of WAIK. It is against the rules and it is not permitted by M$.

Remove the link please.

@myselfidem

Thanks man for this tip. It will really help. At least people will not come and report this issue.

Thanks again.

@grabben

May i upload 7Costumizer to my skydrive and then maybe post the link on other sites or just for personal use?

No. Sorry for that. The only two places you could get 7Customizer with my permission is http://www.msfn.org and http://www.german-unattended.de

An idea: Could u make 7C able to just mount whatever version you choose? and afterwards if i want to, save it?

Do you mean like when everything is done do not unmount the image?

If that what you mean then use the debug mode feature and before unmounting just exit the command window.

Regards

Edited by blue4603

@Bishop
Is there a way to confirm if the drivers you tried to integrate are actually integrated? For example when testing the built image with VirtualBox can I also 'see' if the drivers I intended to integrate are actually present?

Hmmm, makes me wondering. Anyways, it will need some research. I will try to find out later and respond to you.

Yes all sucessfull drivers are added to MountDir\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

Folders will be in cryptic type like if I had my NVidia driver captured with Driver Magician and the .inf name was oem14.inf then

it creates a Folder called oem14.inf_amd64_neutral_a54ca838cecfddb2 in the Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

thats for 64 flavor also, all mine go the the System32 location

@Bishop

Yes all sucessfull drivers are added to MountDir\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

Folders will be in cryptic type like if I had my NVidia driver captured with Driver Magician and the .inf name was oem14.inf then

it creates a Folder called oem14.inf_amd64_neutral_a54ca838cecfddb2 in the Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

thats for 64 flavor also, all mine go the the System32 location

Hell yeah, this is exactly what I ment. The only problem now is how to identify the drivers. :blink:

Thanks for your input guys.

@Bishop

Hell yeah, this is exactly what I ment. The only problem now is how to identify the drivers. blink.gif

Thanks for your input guys.

This is outside the scope of 7Customizer. Please discuss this matter in a different thread so we can focus on 7Customizer.

Regards

@Floppy

Testing 64bit Windows in a virtual machine might not work most of the times

Thanks!

I have been investegating on this matter and it seems to be true :whistle:

q:

When you select "Windows Instalation Source"...will the new Autounattenden.eml file be stored there?

So when you start 7Customizer again, it will "grab" that file an add changes to it?

@Floppy

When you select "Windows Instalation Source"...will the new Autounattenden.eml file be stored there?

So when you start 7Customizer again, it will "grab" that file an add changes to it?

No. It will overwrite it. If you want to save your unattended settings, then save a preset.

Regards

@ Blue4603

Thanks for letting me know bout the link :P

Yes that is exactly what i mean, let it mount and stay mounted even if no changes has been made.

So that'll work? just close the debug windows? Thanks man!

How's it going on the theme integrating part? :/

Maybe also languagesupport ?

@grabben

Yes that is exactly what i mean, let it mount and stay mounted even if no changes has been made.

Here is what you need to do

1. Enable the debug mode before applying your settings

2. Apply

3. Wait until it says Integrating wallpaper

4. After that it will say "integrating wallpapers finished"

5. After that it will say press any key to continue

6. Do not press anything just exit the command window

Now your settings have been applied but not saved and the image is still unmounted

You will get all the updates on twitter.

Regards

@grabben

Here is what you need to do

1. Enable the debug mode before applying your settings

2. Apply

3. Wait until it says Integrating wallpaper

4. After that it will say "integrating wallpapers finished"

5. After that it will say press any key to continue

6. Do not press anything just exit the command window

Now your settings have been applied but not saved and the image is still unmounted

You will get all the updates on twitter.

Regards

Thanks alot Blue:)

Yea i saw that bout integrating themes, hope it works out^^