7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

Didn't work when I try it with Virtualbox, error at 2nd reboot.

When using 7Customizer, everythin' seems to went well with no significant error, but I did notice somethin' odd, maybe it's a problem..

When it started to create the ISO it says:

"0% complete Could not find boot.wi in sources."

"Could not find sources\boot.wi. Skipping it."

Is that a type which is suppose to be boot.wim?

Thanks

Found a bug with 0.3.3, specifically with the crash control settings. If I set it to disable automatic restart on crash in the Tweaks section, it creates a .reg file with the following:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\7system\ControlSet001\Control\CrashContro]

However, it should be:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\7system\ControlSet001\Control\CrashControl]

The last L is missing.

@@pedilover

Thanks man for your feedback

From your log, I found that 7Customizer does not label the ISO. Hmmm, I will find out why.

Anyways thanks.

@notosapien

sigh. There is a note in the first post and a note inside 7Customizer itself that clearly states that it is not an issue.

Hmmmm, I think this is becoming annoying when people ask about stuff that are right under their eyes.

Anyways, next time I will pretend I did not see such posts :P

@franner

Thanks for reporting.

@cluberti

Thanks man. It will be fixed in the next release.

Regards

Hey Blue:)

Tiny question:

Isnt it suppose to be a space:

==Integrating languages==

==Integrating languagezh-TW ==

Where it says "Integrating languagezh-tw" ??

Doesnt look good to me, altho its not a problem :P

Edit @ 1055 PM:

Ok, ive tried the new version now:)

Works pretty good, flawless integration etc!

But here comes the not so good part:P

I did as normal, integrated my updates (.msu), LP (Chines tradition (zh-tw) & Swedish, Also integrated drivers, did some tweaks and changes to services and finally the unattended and iso.

Just tried it on my laptop (HP 6510b), installation works almost flawless, after the setup is done it reboots then changes to swedish LP (beacuse i wanted it to at the unattended) and it restarts. Now.. it wants me to create a username and password which ive already done, it even says my username exists(pet, which seems to be a passwordprotected guest account...?) and when tryin to install my antivirus it says it requires adminrights and then it shuts down beacuse its a guestaccount, also i created a new user called test and that one is admin but not pet which was suppose to be admin and only user.

Ok what the.... now test (admin account) is the only user and pet user is gone......which isnt suppose to be missing like that:/

Sorry if its messy but im little confused, hope you/we can clear this out:)

Edit again@ 1107 PM

Now i cleared this out!

Seems like when the computer starts, its the english LP being used and the pet user which is guest BUT when logging off it switches to swedish LP and the test user(admin).

Edited by grabben

@grabben

:wacko: Man, just tell me did everything went OK at the end?

If you could post your log , it would be more helpful.

Regards

Confusing eh ? :D

Uhm no log exists from that one im afraid, i remember it said everythin went fine but it was incomplete i think *-).

I can try do the test today again and recreate it :P

Edit @ 3PM:

I now tried selecting en-us instead of se-sv in the unattended section and then it works just fine, sofar.

1: install works

2: reboot and changing LP to swedish

3: wants me to create a new user altho there is one in unattended

4: creating new called test (is admin) while first one pet is guest

"Test" are only for swedish language and "pet" is only for english

To use "test" i have to start the laptop, login in to "pet" then logout..

Hope that clarifyes the problem alittle more and better:P

Edit @ 7:41 PM;

Now it works just fine, dont know why it got messed up first time i tried.

And also, update Windows6.1-KB974455-x86 (Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7) wont integrate, dunno why.

Idea: Maybe you can make 7C create several logs? if i create a isofile with name 7C1 it would also create a log with the same name ?

Edited by grabben

@grabben

In the visual guide, I installed 2 language packs: Arabic and French. When I switched between Arabic and French, it did not ask me for a new user.

I suggest that you create a new customized installation source where you do the same steps. Then post the log and your autounattend.xml. If you could also test it in a virtual machine instead of your laptop and post a screen shot.

Regards

@grabben

In the visual guide, I installed 2 language packs: Arabic and French. When I switched between Arabic and French, it did not ask me for a new user.

I suggest that you create a new customized installation source where you do the same steps. Then post the log and your autounattend.xml. If you could also test it in a virtual machine instead of your laptop and post a screen shot.

Regards

As it says in my edit :)

Got it to work now (did the same procedure again), just dont know why it woudnt work yesterday.

I really like this. Looks quite promising! I've had no issues with this so far. I wish the partioning were included so it was 100% unattended though. I really like the changes in version 0.3.3 to include the language, etc. Very nice!

Edited by trwagner1

I really like this. Looks quite promising! I've had no issues with this so far. I wish the partioning were included so it was 100% unattended though. I really like the changes in version 0.3.3 to include the language, etc. Very nice!

Unforunately as blue stated earlier, partitioning wont be added:/

Otherwise it wouldve done alot :P

You can make a tool for adding "everything" to a unattended file tho;)

I apologize for the question.

you can use WAIK in Italian?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...11-39c26d3b3b34

Because I saw that the download size is 1260.1 MB, while English is 1706.6 MB

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...11-39c26d3b3b34

There are differences or may be used without problems even the Italian version?

THANKS

Edited by DMD61