7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

@wazer

Hellow blue, do you have a date for the new version?. just that i want to take get some sparetime the day it comes out tongue.gif

It is a hard question because I was very busy. Anyways I just released a new version.

@bobthenob

thanks this looks a really usefull bit of software

imdownloading waik then ill give it a try thanks

and your tutoiral is so clear and simple thanks again

You are most welcome

hi just tested on vmware works a charm

is thereany way to not have a password if i leave it blank it asks me for a user

Thanks again for a great program

When you left the password blank did you type in a user name?

You need to type in a user name or it will ask for a user name

@Hopie

i think it´s a problem with ownership. this was a new install of win7x64.

i can´t delete "testimagex.bat", because the ownership. futher i can´t change the ownership

Then could you try 7Customizer in another folder or another drive.

@grabben

Awesome!!:)

I will test it as soon as i can, im currently recovering files from a harddrive which was formatted somehow and ofcourse i didnt have a backup of that external drive:(

There is an old saying from ancient civilizations that says "Always backup your file". However, people (most of the time) learn this saying the hard way :D:P

Regards

Edited by blue4603

hi just tested on vmware works a charm

is there any way to not have a password if i leave it blank it asks me for a user

Thanks again for a great programt

When you left the password blank did you type in a user name?

You need to type in a user name or it will ask for a user name

yes i put a user name but no password

it asked for a user name i tryed the same user name and it said it was already in use?

i can test again if like like

i small bug was that i saved a preset

then i altered somthing and tryed to save over the top of the preset and it errored cant rember error

not a big bug but thought i would tell you

this really is a great program youve done real good

guys.. I try make Unattended system but don't work, i use "Skip user creation and autologon user" with this options:

Username: any

password:

fullname: any

organization: any

computer name: any

system ask for username and password, when write windows make "Invite account" why?

sorry for my inglish :/

@Hopie

change folder.. change partition.. from NTFS to FAT32..

new problem :S

imagesinfo.xml << not found

No this is the same problem.

i disabled some services.. maybe a problem?

I do not know actually. I think the problem is related to your Windows. Could you try 7Customizer in a different PC and see if it works.

@bobthenob

yes i put a user name but no password

it asked for a user name i tryed the same user name and it said it was already in use?

i can test again if like like

OK. I will test this.

i small bug was that i saved a preset

then i altered somthing and tryed to save over the top of the preset and it errored cant rember error

not a big bug but thought i would tell you

Hmmmm.Strange, I have tested this. I saved my preset twice using the same file and it worked fine.

@martinss

The post before your post has just reported the same problem.

Regards

Well 7C Does integrate languagepacks and set automatically after setup (or it will be in future releases).

Im not sure wether Blue will add the LP to the setup but we'll see.

You can also check out Win integrator which can be found right below this thread.

hey Blue!

Seems like you already added few of the stuff which is in the "to do list" ? :P

@Z3tor

Great App! Keep up the good work!

Thanks

How about adding theese features in language integration: setting SKU default language option + localizing the initial setup and boot screens according to this guide

No. Although it is easy to implement, it is really unnecessary.

The boot screen language could be changed in the control panel using the "Regional and language options".

@grabben

hey Blue!

Seems like you already added few of the stuff which is in the "to do list" ?

Yup. Everyone should keep an eye on the to do list.

Regards

Hi Blue

I've tested the new version. Everything looks very pretty. No errors were reported. But I have not yet checked if the services, I have changed, are realy in that position I wanted.

Go on with the to do list, man !!!

I have added same proggies with the Addon-Kopierer 0.3.0 from the german-winlite-forum (from Engelmarkus,Testesser, Beatmaster,...) and it has success!

log.txt

Edited by pedilover

Hey wow, a 7Lite alternative! Great!

It's a lot since I've created unattended ISOs.. old Nlite on XP served me well (kudos to the old programmer too).

Now, however, It's time to pass to Win7.. no way without a custom automatic install!

Reading a bit about 7Customizer, however, I have some general questions to ask:

-why does the program need 1.7 Gb of WAIK product? I don't know about VLite, but Nlite was 3Mb in total!

-does RunOnceEx still work in Win7? I used it massively for XP tweaks and program silent installations.

Hey wow, a 7Lite alternative! Great!

It's a lot since I've created unattended ISOs.. old Nlite on XP served me well (kudos to the old programmer too).

Now, however, It's time to pass to Win7.. no way without a custom automatic install!

Reading a bit about 7Customizer, however, I have some general questions to ask:

-why does the program need 1.7 Gb of WAIK product? I don't know about VLite, but Nlite was 3Mb in total!

-does RunOnceEx still work in Win7? I used it massively for XP tweaks and program silent installations.

I assume the reason is that the needed file may not be implementet because of copyright from microsoft WAIK.

What you can do is download WAIK, install your version (x86, amd64 ect.), then copy over the files:

oscdimg.exe

imagex.exe

Dism.exe

With these files you don't needed to get the full WAIK package. I have tried with only the 3 files and it worked like a charm. I made like 3 folders:

x86, ia64, amd64 and placed the 3 files from each version to the respective folders.

I haven't encounter any bugs because of this yet, but its not my responsive for any damage or errors that might occur. Use at own risk.

The files my not be spread or uploaded at MSFN, as said before because of MS copyright protection.

That was kind of the same reason why Nuhi (maker of nlite and vlite) had to remove a driver file for vlite (which was inside vista WAIK) which requred install of WAIK too. Anyhow a similiar aproach could be done and you didn't need the large WAIK install afterwards.

Edited by franner