7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

@Hopie

Are you starting 7Customizer through a shortcut?

If yes then start 7Customizer from 7customizer.exe file.

I think the problem is this:

There is something in programming called "current directory" or "current working directory" it refers to the directory that the application sees.

I will confirm that with the next release.

Regards

Have an idea if its possible.

That extra 100MB partition thats created when you create partitions, there is a patch out there. Would it be possible for you to include it in a release? to have an option wether to create that extra partition or not? :)

Regards.

@grabben

If you want Windows setup to avoid creating the system partition, you need to partition your hard disk first. That means: do not install Windows to unallocated space. Also, since it is not likely that I will implement the partitioning feature in 7Customizer, I can not include this hack.

Regards

Re(blue4603):

Unfortunately, the article is not available online because it's a printed magazine. I tried looking for it on their website but it's not there.

The article is about free tools for tweaking Windows 7 and yours is under the "Deployment" section alongside another program called "WinIntegrator" (from this forum as well but I haven't looked into it).

Just wondering about the problem of getting rid of the 200MB partition.

Is it possible to use the <ModifyPartition> function from AIK to create a partition on the disk so that the 200MB partition isn't created?

Again, just wondering.

Thanks

@beyondunlimited

Unfortunately, the article is not available online because it's a printed magazine. I tried looking for it on their website but it's not there.

The article is about free tools for tweaking Windows 7 and yours is under the "Deployment" section alongside another program called "WinIntegrator" (from this forum as well but I haven't looked into it).

OK. Thanks for sharing.

Just wondering about the problem of getting rid of the 200MB partition.

Is it possible to use the <ModifyPartition> function from AIK to create a partition on the disk so that the 200MB partition isn't created?

Again, just wondering.

As I said before it is unlikely that I will implement disk partition feature in 7Customizer. To resolve this issue there is some settings you could add in autounattend.xml that will setup the partitons in the way you want.

Anyways, I prefer not to discuss this feature.

Regards

@grabben

If you want Windows setup to avoid creating the system partition, you need to partition your hard disk first. That means: do not install Windows to unallocated space. Also, since it is not likely that I will implement the partitioning feature in 7Customizer, I can not include this hack.

Regards

As i thougt

Well yea ur right, its a hack and it needs partitioning first which wont be integrated:P..

Then we'll skip it:)

few topics below we have these tweak: http://www.msfn.org/board/tweak-desktop-icons-t140813.html (if you havent noticed)

so,i tested new version from today

=== 7Customizer Started===

7Customizer verion: 0.3.3

7Customizer path: C:\7Customizer\7Customizer.exe

Current directory: c:\7Customizer

OS architecture: AMD64

Work folder found: True

Mount folder found: True

Extract utility found: True

Configuration file found: True

bootorder.txt file found: True

Boot sector file found: True

Getting drive info

Free space: 46,927734375 GB

Getting drive info: Done

Saved Imagex path:

Saved DISM path:

Saved odcdimg path:

ImageX Path Selected

ImageX Path: C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\imagex.exe

Dism Path Selected

Dism Path: C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe

Oscdimg Path Selected

oscdimg Path: C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\oscdimg.exe

Windows source path selected

Sources folder found

install.wim found

install.wim size: 2693 MB

Added: "C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\imagex.exe">work\testimagex.txt

Testing imagex

Imagex result begin:

Imagex result file was not created.

Added: "C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe">work\testdism.txt

Testing dism

dism result begin:

added: "C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\imagex.exe" /XML /info "C:\Win7DVD\sources\install.wim">work\imagesinfo.xml

Starting imagex

Reading images information from imagesinfo.xml

Unexpected Error: Die Datei "c:\7Customizer\work\imagesinfo.xml" konnte nicht gefunden werden.

bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)

bei System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)

bei System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks)

bei System.IO.File.OpenText(String path)

bei _7Customizer.Form1.selectImagePathBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

:}

i think it´s a problem with ownership. this was a new install of win7x64.

i can´t delete "testimagex.bat", because the ownership. futher i can´t change the ownership

post-122638-1262779445_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hopie