7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

@blue4603

Thanks for version 0.3

I've run it today on a clean win7 (no Vlite, no Win Integrator :)) and it failed.

I've integrated updates and drivers, used tweaks and changed services, and created an ISO.

Here is what I got when trying to install:

post-159190-1260214661_thumb.png

I was watching the cmd window, everything looked ok, until it got to the ISO creation part, and 7customizer reported it can't find some file

with a two letter extension (I don't remember what it was, and there's no mention of it in the log file, but I'm attaching it anyway and the autounattend file too.)

another thing I noticed was that in every stage, the cmd window shows what it's doing, (integrating updates, integrating drivers, tweaks, ISO creation)

but when changing Services it doesn't show anything (Is it because it's part of the Tweaks?)

avnerk

log.txt

Autounattend.xml

@blue4603: i think i have found a problem. first time i made sysprep image with this comand

imagex.exe /compress maximum /flags "Ultimate" /capture C: D:\INSTALL.WIM "Windows 7 Ultimate by Anri"

and i had a problem. now i've made another image with

imagex.exe /compress maximum /flags "Ultimate" /capture C: D:\INSTALL.WIM "Ultimate"

and 7customizer works. thank you again for your wonderful work!

@cjkpopasia

Did you read the first post? No.

Did you read the visual guide? No.

Go read the first post and the visual guide and your problem will be solved.

@SwedenXP

Presets are in the next release. I already started implementation and almost done.

@avnerk

I've run it today on a clean win7 (no Vlite, no Win Integrator smile.gif) and it failed.

Hmmm I think I know the problem. I will fix it in the next release.

I was watching the cmd window, everything looked ok, until it got to the ISO creation part, and 7customizer reported it can't find some file

with a two letter extension (I don't remember what it was, and there's no mention of it in the log file, but I'm attaching it anyway and the autounattend file too.)

Do not worry about those files.

another thing I noticed was that in every stage, the cmd window shows what it's doing, (integrating updates, integrating drivers, tweaks, ISO creation)

but when changing Services it doesn't show anything (Is it because it's part of the Tweaks?)

Yup. Services are part of the tweaks.

Thanks for your feedback.

@mickmack

Hmmmm another strange thing but it gave me an idea.

Thanks for your feedback

Seven Alive

I am planning to release the source code after I implement everything.Even if I do not release the source code, you could see what 7Customizer is actually doing by looking in the batch files and reg files in the work folder. So anyone could know what 7customizer is doing and could implement a similar program. Anyways thanks for your suggestion

Regards

@blue4603: i found it! info stored in captured WIM file is getting wrong or missing. i fixed it by opening gimagex, gone to change, and wrote "Windows 7 Ultimate" in "name", "description", "display name", "display desc" and voila! after editing, i can easily open all my Wims with 7customizer.

@mickmack

i found it! info stored in captured WIM file is getting wrong or missing. i fixed it by opening gimagex, gone to change, and wrote "Windows 7 Ultimate" in "name", "description", "display name", "display desc" and voila! after editing, i can easily open all my Wims with 7customizer.

Wow nice experiment man. I think that the captured wim file is fine. The problem is , which I concluded from other members like x-layer and your experiment and avnerk last feedback, 7customizer does not read the images info properly which causes problems. It will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks for your feedback.

@aldinof

It would be more helpful if you attached your log.

Regards

Hi blue.

Right now i'm testing new version and i try to add driverpacks in image. But i get error and this is in dism.txt:

2009-12-08 12:26:01, Info				  DISM   DISM Provider Store: PID=3044 Provider has previously been initialized.  Returning the existing instance. - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_GetProvider
2009-12-08 12:26:01, Error DISM DISM Driver Manager: PID=3044 No valid INF files found on the path 'C:\Test\DriverPacks'. - CDriverManager::OpenPackageByFolder(hr:0x80070002)
2009-12-08 12:26:01, Warning DISM DISM Driver Manager: PID=3044 Errors were found opening driver packages on the path C:\Test\DriverPacks. - CDriverManager::Internal_DoAddDriverPackage
2009-12-08 12:26:03, Error DISM DISM.EXE: DriverManager processed the command line but failed. HRESULT=80010105
2009-12-08 12:26:03, Info DISM DISM Image Session: PID=3044 Disconnecting the provider store - CDISMImageSession::Final_OnDisconnect

It's correct that isn't INF files in C:\Test\DriverPacks, but in this folder is many subfolders which contains INF files. And yes i checked "Include Subfolders" in 7Customizer.

Regards, X.

EDIT: Sorry, my mistake. Now works flawless.

Edited by x-layer

This looks like an awsome replacement for vlite on win7... i'm downloading all the needed files now and will give it a try once it finishes... thnxs for making this great tool and hope you keep it up-to-date

Thnxs again...

Droppo.-

@aldinof

It would be more helpful if you attached your log.

Regards

here's my log

btw i can built ISO with 7cust. v 030 but there's no progress bar.... so i thougt 7cust hang... about ± 2 min. there's pop up say 'bla...bla... OK'.

thx bro 4 Ur progie.... :thumbup

log7Customizer.txt

Edited by aldinof

@blue

I'd like to ask:

in the reg.reg file, how do u map the keys to

HKLM\7user

HKLM\7soft

HKLM\7system

if for instance I find a key in my registry that I want to put inside reg.reg

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International]

how would it look like in reg.reg?

I've managed to add some lines to the reg.reg file that do work, but some don't.

I'm attaching some reg tweaks that I have been able to add to reg.reg, that work

tweaks_from_avnerk.txt