7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

The developer of this/anyone else might want to check out Windows Embedded Standard 2011 if you want more tricks on slimming it down.

It is (at this stage) essentially Windows 7. It will quite likely remain the basis of MANY hidden computers for a long long time.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsembedded/e...10_Standard2011

From a quick play, it looks rather good.

Edited by myne

Some wishes for the next version:

1. Automatic great capitals when you put in the key

2. To drop a selected driver (when a selcted driver is not able to be deselected again)

3. Make ISO (until now i use vlite to create ISO

Your tool is great. Go on!!

Edited by pedilover

@pedilover

1. I will implement this in the next release

2. This is already planned in a future release.

3. This was planned for 0.2.x release but I postponed it to a future release

Thanks for the suggestion

@Ringthane

I hope it works for you and will wait for your feedback.

@TheWalrus

I think since 7Customizer now has many functionality , presets became an important function. So I think it will be implemented in 0.3.x release.

Regards

I just wanted to thank you for your continued work on this program. I just successfully used it to slipstream some updates, and everything went flawlessly.

I'm looking forward to checking this thread in a month or so to see what sort of new features have been implemented, and to read of all the bugs that you've patched.

Great work! Your efforts are much appreciated! Thanks again!

I just wanted to thank you for your continued work on this program. I just successfully used it to slipstream some updates, and everything went flawlessly.

I'm looking forward to checking this thread in a month or so to see what sort of new features have been implemented, and to read of all the bugs that you've patched.

Great work! Your efforts are much appreciated! Thanks again!

Its definitly a supergreat work, so huge thumbs up :)!

I think we can contribute to this, by gathering tweaks etc, so he doesnt have to do all the work by himself, even tho it might not be so much hard work do find them byself but still:P.

What we definitly can do and are doing.. testing 7C as much as we can and reporting back to him.

Edit: I shouldve used this program to costumize my win7 dvd when i was about to reinstall my computer, but i was p***ed and unfortunately i didnt think of this:/

Edited by tcntad

@radigast

Glad it worked for you. It would be helpful if you have posted your log file.

Anyways you are welcome and thanks for your feedback.

@tcntad

Thanks man for your help. As you mentioned it is not hard to find tweaks for Windows. I think now it is the suggestions time until 0.2.x release is done.

Regards

Yea definitly:)

I think it might be easier if we contribute as much as we can, coming up with ideas and so on, even if we may not have the skills to do the c# work ourself.

I unfortunately get some kind of error with dism (havent read the dism.log yet), i made my choices: 7 ultimate 32bit, languagepack, updates, drivers, unattanded and pressed apply but i realized that it would take to long to stay up all night and press enter whenever it requested me to do so so i aborted it and earlier today when i decided to go custom, it didnt want me to.. i got the error..

Maybe its possible for you to deal with that? so that i/we dont have to press enter or "any key" to continue with the integration, maybe setup somethin so it will do it automatically either at once or maybe after a few seconds?

Ill be back with the log soon

@tcntad

so that i/we dont have to press enter or "any key" to continue with the integration, maybe setup somethin so it will do it automatically either at once or maybe after a few seconds?

This happened because you chose the debug mode. Just uncheck the debug mode and it will be fine

Regards

@tcntad
so that i/we dont have to press enter or "any key" to continue with the integration, maybe setup somethin so it will do it automatically either at once or maybe after a few seconds?

This happened because you chose the debug mode. Just uncheck the debug mode and it will be fine

Regards

Hmm really ?

Im not sure wether i checked the debug mode, but thanks ill take a look at that:)

Edit: This is ****** up.. I mounted and extracted win7 to "f:\7costumiser\dvd", did what i did earlier (tweaks, updates, LPs unattended) and when pressing apply it says it doesnt support a vista rtm ? what the hell?

Im ceirtan i extracted the win7 iso, it even says windows 7 when i run the setup.exe ..

Ideas ?

Edited by tcntad

A really nice feature to include would be the ability to integrate/slipstream .cab files! The .msu integration has worked flawlessly for me. However, all of the LocalPacks that are available for Windows 7 are .cab files, and 7customizer is unable to integrate them.

A couple other tools allegedly integrate .cab files (stefanRTR's WinIntegrator, Legolash2o's Windows7Toolkit, and George King's Update.exe). These might provide insight into enabling .cab file integration.

Ah back once again...

The integration takes notime at all, indicating there is an error somewhere and i dont know why.. The logfile (7costumizer\work\) seems ok but im not sure bout dism.log.. i dont understand any of it im afraid :P but ill upload it anyway

DISM Log.

2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info                  DISM   DISM.EXE: <----- Starting Dism.exe session ----->
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM.EXE:
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM.EXE: Host machine information: OS Version=6.1.7600, Running architecture=amd64, Number of processors=2
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM.EXE: Executing command line: "E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe" /unmount-wim /mountdir:"work\mount" /commit
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=1436 Getting the collection of providers from a local provider store type. - CDISMProviderStore::GetProviderCollection
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=1436 Provider has not previously been encountered. Attempting to initialize the provider. - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_GetProvider
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=1436 Loading Provider from location E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\WimProvider.dll - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_GetProvider
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=1436 Connecting to the provider located at E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\WimProvider.dll. - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_LoadProvider
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=1436 Provider has not previously been encountered. Attempting to initialize the provider. - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_GetProvider
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=1436 Loading Provider from location E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\FolderProvider.dll - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_GetProvider
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=1436 Connecting to the provider located at E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\FolderProvider.dll. - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_LoadProvider
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=1436 Loading Provider from location E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\CompatProvider.dll - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_GetProvider
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=1436 Connecting to the provider located at E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\CompatProvider.dll. - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_LoadProvider
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM.EXE: Got the collection of providers. Now enumerating them to build the command table.
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM.EXE: Attempting to add the commands from provider: WimManager
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM.EXE: Succesfully registered commands for the provider: WimManager.
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM.EXE: Attempting to add the commands from provider: FolderManager
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM.EXE: Attempting to add the commands from provider: DISM Log Provider
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM.EXE: Attempting to add the commands from provider: Compatibility Manager
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM.EXE: Succesfully registered commands for the provider: Compatibility Manager.
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=1436 Getting Provider WimManager - CDISMProviderStore::GetProvider
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=1436 Provider has previously been initialized. Returning the existing instance. - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_GetProvider
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM WIM Provider: PID=1436 [work\mount] is not a WIM mount point. - CWimMountedImageInfo::Initialize
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Error DISM DISM WIM Provider: PID=1436 d:\w7rtm\base\ntsetup\opktools\dism\providers\wimprovider\dll\wimmanager.cpp:1039 - CWimManager::InternalOpUnmount(hr:0x80070032)
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Error DISM DISM WIM Provider: PID=1436 d:\w7rtm\base\ntsetup\opktools\dism\providers\wimprovider\dll\wimmanager.cpp:2318 - CWimManager::InternalCmdUnmount(hr:0x80070032)
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Error DISM DISM WIM Provider: PID=1436 Error executing command - CWimManager::InternalExecuteCmd(hr:0x80070032)
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Error DISM DISM WIM Provider: PID=1436 d:\w7rtm\base\ntsetup\opktools\dism\providers\wimprovider\dll\wimmanager.cpp:516 - CWimManager::ExecuteCmdLine(hr:0x80070032)
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM.EXE: Image session has been closed. Reboot required=no.
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM.EXE: <----- Ending Dism.exe session ----->
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM Image Session: PID=1436 Disconnecting the provider store - CDISMImageSession::Final_OnDisconnect
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=1436 Disconnecting Provider: WimManager - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_DisconnectProvider
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=1436 Disconnecting Provider: FolderManager - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_DisconnectProvider
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=1436 Found the OSServices. Waiting to finalize it until all other providers are unloaded. - CDISMProviderStore::Final_OnDisconnect
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=1436 Disconnecting Provider: Compatibility Manager - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_DisconnectProvider
2009-11-28 17:30:01, Info DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=1436 Releasing the local reference to DISMLogger. Stop logging. - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_DisconnectProvider

Logfile:

=== 7Customizer Started===
7Customizer verion: 0.2.3
OS architecture: AMD64
Work folder found: True
Mount folder found: True
Extract utility found: True
Configuration file found: True
Getting drive info
Free space: 38,2661056518555 GB
Getting drive info: Done
Saved Imagex path: E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\imagex.exe
Saved DISM path: E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe
Windows source path selected
Sources folder found
install.wim found
install.wim size: 3500 MB
Testing imagex
Imagex result begin:

ImageX Tool for Windows
Copyright © Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved.
Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Imagex result end.
Testing dism
dism result begin:

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 6.1.7600.16385

dism result end.
added: "E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\imagex.exe" /XML /info "F:\7Costumizer\DVD\sources\install.wim">work\imagesinfo.xml
Starting imagex
Imagex created imagesinfo.xml Successfully
Reading images information from imagesinfo.xml
First 5 lines of imagesinfo.xml
<WIM>
<TOTALBYTES>3670638840</TOTALBYTES>
<IMAGE INDEX="1">
<DIRCOUNT>9044</DIRCOUNT>
<FILECOUNT>45608</FILECOUNT>
Number of Available Images: 11
Available Images: Begin
Windows 7 Starter
Windows 7 Home Basic
Windows 7 Home Premium
Windows 7 Professional
Windows 7 Ultimate
Windows 7 Enterprise
Windows 7 Home Basic
Windows 7 Home Premium
Windows 7 Professional
Windows 7 Ultimate
Windows 7 Enterprise
Available Images: End
Reading info finished
Start button pressed
added: "E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\imagex.exe" /XML /info "F:\7Costumizer\DVD\sources\install.wim" 5 >work\imagesinfo.xml
Starting ImageX
Imagex created imagesinfo.xml Successfully
Reading selected image information from imagesinfo.xml
First 5 lines of imagesinfo.xml
<IMAGE INDEX="5">
<DIRCOUNT>9384</DIRCOUNT>
<FILECOUNT>47447</FILECOUNT>
<TOTALBYTES>8471060645</TOTALBYTES>
<CREATIONTIME>
Installed Language: Begin
en-US
Installed Language: End
Image Architecture: x86
Finished Reading selected image information
Debug Mode: False
Language Pack Selected
Reading Language Pack Info
Reading Language Pack info finished successfully and saved
Adding instruction to integrate the language pack
Added: "E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Image:"work\mount" /Add-Package /PackagePath:"F:\7Costumizer\Stuff\LP\Swedish_sv-sex86.cab"
Finished adding instruction to integrate the language pack
Language Pack Selected
Reading Language Pack Info
Reading Language Pack info finished successfully and saved
Adding instruction to integrate the language pack
Added: "E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Image:"work\mount" /Add-Package /PackagePath:"F:\7Costumizer\Stuff\LP\ChineseTraditional_zh-hkx86.cab"
Finished adding instruction to integrate the language pack
Update Selected
Reading update Info
Update info finished successfully and saved
Reading update Info
Reading update Info
Added: "E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Image:work\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:"F:\7Costumizer\Stuff\Updates 32bit\Windows 7 Updates - x86\Windows6.1-KB947821-v2-x86.msu"
Reading update Info
Added: "E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Image:work\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:"F:\7Costumizer\Stuff\Updates 32bit\Windows 7 Updates - x86\Windows6.1-KB973525-x86.msu"
Reading update Info
Added: "E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Image:work\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:"F:\7Costumizer\Stuff\Updates 32bit\Windows 7 Updates - x86\Windows6.1-KB973874-x86.msu"
Reading update Info
Added: "E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Image:work\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:"F:\7Costumizer\Stuff\Updates 32bit\Windows 7 Updates - x86\Windows6.1-KB974332-x86.msu"
Reading update Info
Added: "E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Image:work\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:"F:\7Costumizer\Stuff\Updates 32bit\Windows 7 Updates - x86\Windows6.1-KB974431-x86.msu"
Reading update Info
Added: "E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Image:work\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:"F:\7Costumizer\Stuff\Updates 32bit\Windows 7 Updates - x86\Windows6.1-KB974455-x86.msu"
Reading update Info
Added: "E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Image:work\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:"F:\7Costumizer\Stuff\Updates 32bit\Windows 7 Updates - x86\Windows6.1-KB974571-x86.msu"
Reading update Info
Added: "E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Image:work\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:"F:\7Costumizer\Stuff\Updates 32bit\Windows 7 Updates - x86\Windows6.1-KB975467-x86.msu"
Reading update Info
Added: "E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Image:work\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:"F:\7Costumizer\Stuff\Updates 32bit\Windows 7 Updates - x86\Windows6.1-KB976749-x86.msu"
Finished adding instruction to integrate updates
Update Selected
Reading update Info
Added: "E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Image:work\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:"F:\7Costumizer\Stuff\Updates 32bit\Other Updates\Windows6.1-KB917607-x86.msu"
Reading update Info
Added: "E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Image:work\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:"F:\7Costumizer\Stuff\Updates 32bit\Other Updates\Windows6.1-KB958559-x86.msu"
Finished adding instruction to integrate updates
Tweaks Enabled
Preparing instructions for registry editing
add reg.exe load HKLM\7user "work\mount\Users\Default\NTUSER.DAT"
add reg.exe import "work\reg.reg"
add reg.exe unload HKLM\7user
Finished preparing instructions for registry editing
Apply button pressed
Creating Autounattend.xml
Finished Autounattend.xml
Prepearing instructions to execute
Added: "E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe" /mount-wim /wimfile:"F:\7Costumizer\DVD\sources\install.wim" /index:5 /mountdir:"work\mount"
Added: "E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe" /unmount-wim /mountdir:"work\mount" /commit
Preparing tweaks file
Finished preparing tweaks file
Starting
Finished Execution
Done. Exiting 7Customizer

Is it suppose to only take a few seconds to integrate approx. 240 MByte ? When it earlier took much longer ?

Maybe its just me :P

Thanks in advance!:)

Edit: I confirmed it.. 7C only creates the unattended file.. but doesnt integrate LP nor winupdates :/

Edited by tcntad

@tcntad

Edit: This is ****** up.. I mounted and extracted win7 to "f:\7costumiser\dvd", did what i did earlier (tweaks, updates, LPs unattended) and when pressing apply it says it doesnt support a vista rtm ? what the hell?

Im ceirtan i extracted the win7 iso, it even says windows 7 when i run the setup.exe ..

Ideas ?

Man you do not have to curse and swear like a kid. Just take it easy. Anyways, if you have trouble with dism just reinstall it aqnd extract your iso again.

@radigast

7Customizers already integrates .cab files.

@tcntad

Edit: I confirmed it.. 7C only creates the unattended file.. but doesnt integrate LP nor winupdates :/

What do you mean?

It is already confirmed that 7Customizer integrates languages and updates. If you have trouble just enable debug mode and see what is going on.

Regards