7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

@pedilover

You are welcome.

@tcntad

I did not understand your post.

Do you mean integrating Java with windows 7 installation? and Adobe flash player?

These are separate applications and not windows updates. These could be installed silently after setup completes.

@SwedenXP

Hope it works for you and looking forward for your feedback.

Regards

@tcntad

I did not understand your post.

Do you mean integrating Java with windows 7 installation? and Adobe flash player?

These are separate applications and not windows updates. These could be installed silently after setup completes.

Regards

Yes exactly:)

I know these arent windows updates obviously! but since they are a must i consider them as winupdates even if they arent:P

Seems like 7C doesnt integrate .exe files? I downloaded them both from windows updates downloader and manually from MS website but still..

@tcntad

Which .exe files? could you give me a link or the name of the files?

Also note that Windows 7 updates comes in .msu files and not .exe.

Regards

Yea i know that.

Ok..lets see..

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) (vcredist2008SP1_x86.exe) is one, seems like i only had 2 exe updates downloaded anyway:p

I just want to integrate everything that is availbale through windows update:)

@tcntad

Which .exe files? could you give me a link or the name of the files?

Also note that Windows 7 updates comes in .msu files and not .exe.

Regards

Ok lets see.

vcredist2008SP1_x86.exe / Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) and all those updates..

I just want to integrate all updates available through windows update:)

Guess ive to do it some other way manually ?

Edited by tcntad

How about windows updates ?

I know 7Costumizer kan integrate some of them, but i mean all .exe and .msu files including java, flash etc for windows 7 ?

yea i know java etc are apps and that is on the do do list perhaps but i consider them as windows updates :P

you obviously ain't grabbed the plot you can integrate drivers and hotfixes if they are MSU files with DISM as for others you need to do it with cmd.

example.

windows-kb890830-x64-v3.1.exe /quiet
vcredist2005SP1_x86.exe /Q
vcredist2008SP1_x86.exe /q
msxml4-KB954430-enu /quiet
Windows6.1-KB947821-v2-x86.msu /quiet /norestart
Windows6.1-KB973525-x86.msu /quiet /norestart
Windows6.1-KB973874-x86.msu /quiet /norestart
Windows6.1-KB974332-x86.msu /quiet /norestart
Windows6.1-KB974431-x86.msu /quiet /norestart
Windows6.1-KB974455-x86.msu /quiet /norestart
Windows6.1-KB974571-x86.msu /quiet /norestart
Windows6.1-KB975053-x86.msu /quiet /norestart
Windows6.1-KB975364-x86.msu /quiet /norestart
Windows6.1-KB975467-x86.msu /quiet /norestart
Windows6.1-KB976749-x86.msu /quiet /norestart

@blue4603

Couldn´t wait so I tried it already.

Sofar I have only tried Unattended and Tweaks - the tweak part is new for today.

I got the Show extension tweak to work fine and also the Hide desktop icons, but the Show hidden file and folders did not work for me... :wacko:

Keep up the good work - I will be waiting for the next version!

/SwedenXP B)

@tcntad @urie

As urie explained, updates and drivers are integrated with dism.

To clear things up:

7customizer does not integrate the updates and languages and drivers and does not mount image or unmount it.

It uses dism. 7Customizer prepares the instruction for dism to do the integration. You can not instruct dism to integrate separate applications like flash or java.

I recommend you wait for the application part and everything will be clear for you.

@SwedenXP

Thanks man for the fast feedback.

Do not worry about that. I know what is the problem and will be fixed in the next release.

Glad it worked for you.

Regards

@Blue4063

I have tried the new version. Everything o.k. But the bug with the hidden folders is here with me also. Nevertheless good work. go on!

In the German forum of nlite: http://www.german-winlite.de/wbb/index.php?page=Portal we also have a section for your tool. You can see the feedback.

Our Admin "Beatmaster" is happy, if you will come to our forum to see what we do.

The user "Burn" is also in our forum and he is also here a very active tester.

Well, see you !

log.txt

@pedilover

Thanks man for your feedback.

Do not worry about that bug. what I did wrong is that, the tweak is supposed to show hidden files but ,because I was in a rush to release this version, I accidentally set it to show hidden system files. Anyways it will be fixed in the next release.

Regarding your forum, I really would like to be there but the problem is that I do not understand German. I saw your discussion about 7Customizer but it was all in German so I did not understand anything.

Anyways thanks for inviting me and thanks for your active testing and feedback I really appreciate.

Regards

@pedilover

Thanks man for your feedback.

Do not worry about that bug. what I did wrong is that, the tweak is supposed to show hidden files but ,because I was in a rush to release this version, I accidentally set it to show hidden system files. Anyways it will be fixed in the next release.

Regarding your forum, I really would like to be there but the problem is that I do not understand German. I saw your discussion about 7Customizer but it was all in German so I did not understand anything.

Anyways thanks for inviting me and thanks for your active testing and feedback I really appreciate.

Regards

Thanks alot for the new version!

Keep the good work up man

@tcntad @urie

As urie explained, updates and drivers are integrated with dism.

To clear things up:

7customizer does not integrate the updates and languages and drivers and does not mount image or unmount it.

It uses dism. 7Customizer prepares the instruction for dism to do the integration. You can not instruct dism to integrate separate applications like flash or java.

I recommend you wait for the application part and everything will be clear for you.

@SwedenXP

Thanks man for the fast feedback.

Do not worry about that. I know what is the problem and will be fixed in the next release.

Glad it worked for you.

Regards

yea i got that part :)

Im really waiting for next update!.. I know java etc are applications and cannot be integrated like that.

Im gonna try the new version tomorrow and we'll see,. hope u work everything out!