7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

thanks Blue4603 :P

i still have prob on this part Driver Integration i select this options to intergrate a folder of drivers brows for that folder and i mark the include subfolders.

i get error is now Integrat drivers for my nvidia i wonder must i have this some are MS WHQL Certificate ? what error file must i send to you

so you see my error

many thanks

Edited by ajdee

@ajdee

No. The driver does not need to be signed to integrate it in the image (It does not need WHQL certificate). Could you post a screenshot of the message that is shown?

@x-layer

Start 7Customizer. Choose your image and when the error comes, go to the work folder. You will find imagesinfo.xml there.

Regards

@blue

Dumb me, here is content of imagesinfo.xml:

- <WIM>
<TOTALBYTES>2124570476</TOTALBYTES>
- <IMAGE INDEX="1">
<NAME>Windows 7 Ultimate</NAME>
<FLAGS>Ultimate</FLAGS>
- <WINDOWS>
<ARCH>0</ARCH>
<PRODUCTNAME>Microsoft® Windows® Operating System</PRODUCTNAME>
<HAL>acpiapic</HAL>
<PRODUCTTYPE>WinNT</PRODUCTTYPE>
<PRODUCTSUITE>Terminal Server</PRODUCTSUITE>
- <LANGUAGES>
<LANGUAGE>en-US</LANGUAGE>
<DEFAULT>en-US</DEFAULT>
</LANGUAGES>
- <VERSION>
<MAJOR>6</MAJOR>
<MINOR>1</MINOR>
<BUILD>7600</BUILD>
<SPBUILD>16385</SPBUILD>
</VERSION>
<SYSTEMROOT>WINDOWS</SYSTEMROOT>
</WINDOWS>
<DIRCOUNT>9434</DIRCOUNT>
<FILECOUNT>47675</FILECOUNT>
<TOTALBYTES>8578978166</TOTALBYTES>
- <CREATIONTIME>
<HIGHPART>0x01CA4C6D</HIGHPART>
<LOWPART>0x14437C56</LOWPART>
</CREATIONTIME>
- <LASTMODIFICATIONTIME>
<HIGHPART>0x01CA4C6D</HIGHPART>
<LOWPART>0x14FB1168</LOWPART>
</LASTMODIFICATIONTIME>
</IMAGE>
<GUID>014e60c4-dc9e-4ed7-b4a7-fef03a247cbe</GUID>
<IMAGECOUNT>1</IMAGECOUNT>
<COMPRESSION>LZX</COMPRESSION>
<PARTNUMBER>1</PARTNUMBER>
<TOTALPARTS>1</TOTALPARTS>
<ATTRIBUTES>0x8</ATTRIBUTES>
</WIM>

Regards, X.

@x-layer

That is strange. From your log I can see that there is one windows edition. I will try to make an instalaation that has one edition just like yours. I hope I can find the problem and resolve it.

@ajdee

The information in the screenshots are in Sweden right?

I only know English and Arabic only. Anyways, 7Customizer does not have a problem in integrating drivers. The problem is in the drivers. From what I understood from the DISM documentation, dism will integrate all your drivers even if they are unsigned but it will show you a warning. It will not show any error. In 7Customizer, I added the instruction to integrate unsigned drivers. So, I think your drivers are integrated successfully. If not, then the drivers have problems.

Regards

@blue

Ahh, so you thinking that error is related to source? I will try with other source then and i'll report back.

Regards, X.

Edit: Looks like the source is problem. I've tryed with different source and program works. I will try find other ultimate source and try again.

Sorry for inconvenience. X

Edited by x-layer

Hi! I'm a new one to this. Have used vlite which looked cool. Today I tested this program on Windows 7. Wanted to create a stripped installation of Windows 7 enterprise. To be honest, I can’t figure out how to customize my installation. OK, I can add updates, drivers and create an unattended installation, but how to exclude certain features like it is possible in vlite? Is it possible at all? Without this functionality we can’t say this is replacement for vlite.

O am I missing something?

So component removal feature is not implemented yet. Should I look back for it in a week, month or…?

Anyway, I like those little programs that do lots of good things that big programs like AIK from Microsoft can’t do. Well, AIK can, but it is way too difficult.

@qwas

So component removal feature is not implemented yet. Should I look back for it in a week, month or…?

I do not know actually. By the way, I do not like your attitude. First, you flamed the hell out of me before reading the first post and now you are acting like you are the manager of this program or something. If you are here just to use the program and do not give any feedback, then I suggest that you do not post in this thread and just wait for the feature that you want. If you do not change your attitude, I am going to report you to the forum administration and will ignore all your posts in the future.

From my experience with this forum members, I found that they are helpful, respectful and patient. I really appreciate this. Try to be like them.

Regards

This program looks like it has some great potential. One problem I found is that when I opened the program for the first time and chose, integrate drivers - multiple drivers - check subfolders, and requested an unattended installation, I clicked apply and it displayed done very quickly and only created the autounattend.xml file in the source folder.

Also, when I ran the first time, the program crashed after I selected my source directory and clicked the "start" button to begin. I could not get past this until I deleted the .log file and then it displayed the choices of editions and would run fine.

Hope this helps.