7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

this new version (0.1.4) works like charm thumbup.gif

i keep testing this tool, thnx for creating this thing, i'll keep you informed

Glad it worked for you. please note that there is a slight problem with the unateended part .It still does not auto logon to the administrator account

So I recommend you DO NOT skip user creation until I resolve this issue.

Regards

the only thing i have done is trying to integrate language packs in dfferent ways, so that i can say, at least for me, the integrator is working

but i had a slight problem with the language packs, i did get it to work to manual delete "batch" on every step

so basicly i did;

- extract tool (tried many different maps, partitions, disks)

- run as admin

- disable uac (just to be sure)

- select imagex, dism

- select source

- with version 0.1.4 it reads the image with no problems and i can select a version

- with version 0.1.3 it gave the error i've mentioned before that batch is in use or something like that

- than i go to language tab

- select my lp.cab

- go to apply

- i got error about batch

- deleted batch

- clicked apply once again and the tool is working :thumbup

i dont have a clue what this is all about but i keep testing and trying and help you to fix all the bugs

maybe this is not your fault but is it my computer that f***ed the thing up :blink:

btw are you working on, or are you planning to make options for component removal?

cheers

the only thing i have done is trying to integrate language packs in dfferent ways, so that i can say, at least for me, the integrator is working

but i had a slight problem with the language packs, i did get it to work to manual delete "batch" on every step

so basicly i did;

- extract tool (tried many different maps, partitions, disks)

- run as admin

- disable uac (just to be sure)

- select imagex, dism

- select source

- with version 0.1.4 it reads the image with no problems and i can select a version

- with version 0.1.3 it gave the error i've mentioned before that batch is in use or something like that

- than i go to language tab

- select my lp.cab

- go to apply

- i got error about batch

- deleted batch

- clicked apply once again and the tool is working thumbup.gif

i dont have a clue what this is all about but i keep testing and trying and help you to fix all the bugs

maybe this is not your fault but is it my computer that f***ed the thing up blink.gif

btw are you working on, or are you planning to make options for component removal?

cheers

It is a strange error but I am glad you resolved it.

and yes regarding component removal.

Blue answered this before.

It will need a lot of research before its added, but he has plans to add it;)

Thanks SheepyDaz for the help . You are the man :thumbup

HI..

I get this error when select image path

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at _7Customizer.Form1.selectImagePathBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

7Customizer

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///D:/7Customizer/7Customizer.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

i got .net framework 3.5 as well as 4 installed on my pc and I use windows 7 ultimate x32

Updates still not working here, running W7 x86 running Customizer.exe as Admin.

Regardless if I install one update or several they do not inject into the wim. I proved this by opening up the install.wim with windows 7 wsim & sure enough no updates found.

When I press the apply button programs executes & closes promptly saying it's finished? See the cust. log attached.

I do hope you can iron these bugs out cause W7 is proving to be a tricky UA installing updates & injecting drivers into the wim. I put this down mainly to elevated permissions.

Edited by MAVERICKS CHOICE

Regardless if I install one update or several they do not inject into the wim. I proved this by opening up the install.wim with windows 7 wsim & sure enough no updates found.

When I press the apply button programs executes & closes promptly saying it's finished? See the cust. log attached.

I do hope you can iron these bugs out cause W7 is proving to be a tricky UA installing updates & injecting drivers into the wim. I put this down mainly to elevated permissions.

Thanks MAVERICKS CHOICE for the feedback. I looked into the log file and it seems that everything went OK. However, I think I know where is the problem. I think that the dism did not work for you so I suggest, for know, you reinstall WAIK and try again.

I will update the logging feature to be more informative. Wait for the next release. Until than we will wait for other members feedback.

Regards

@patelsiraj1

Get the latest version and post your log file.

Regards

=== 7Customizer Started===

7Customizer Verion: 0.1.7

OS Architecture: x86

Work folder found: True

Mount folder found: True

Extract utility found: True

Configuration File found: True

Getting drive info

Getting drive info: Done

ImageX Path Selected

ImageX Path: C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\imagex.exe

Dism Path Selected

Dism Path: D:\7\sources\dism.exe

Windows Source Path Selected

Sources Folder Found

install.wim Found

Starting imagex

Imagex created imagesinfo.xml Successfully

Reading images information from imagesinfo.xml

Unexpected Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at _7Customizer.Form1.selectImagePathBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Thanks MAVERICKS CHOICE for the feedback. I looked into the log file and it seems that everything went OK. However, I think I know where is the problem. I think that the dism did not work for you so I suggest, for know, you reinstall WAIK and try again.

I will update the logging feature to be more informative. Wait for the next release. Until than we will wait for other members feedback.

Regards

No worries, I'd be surpised if Dism.exe is the root problem cause I have been using this recently with no issues?

@patelsiraj1

From your log, it seems that imagex did not get the information for the images OR 7Customizer did not start imagex correctly.

Is the image already mounted? If yes unmount the image. Is the image in a writable drive? If the image is in a cd I think it will not work.

If these did not work for you wait for the next release.

No worries, I'd be surpised if Dism.exe is the root problem cause I have been using this recently with no issues?

If that is the case, then I think 7Customizer did not start dism correctly.Check my suggestions to @patelsiraj1. It might work for you.

Regards

@patelsiraj1

From your log, it seems that imagex did not get the information for the images OR 7Customizer did not start imagex correctly.

Is the image already mounted? If yes unmount the image. Is the image in a writable drive? If the image is in a cd I think it will not work.

If these did not work for you wait for the next release.

If that is the case, then I think 7Customizer did not start dism correctly.Check my suggestions to @patelsiraj1. It might work for you.

Regards

image is not mounted and i copied the contents from the dvd to one folder named win7 on the root of c drive

image is not mounted and i copied the contents from the dvd to one folder named win7 on the root of c drive

Then wait for the next release it will not take long (I am waiting for another three members feedback then I will upload the new release)

Regards