7Customizer - a Windows 7 Customization and Deployment tool

Guys,

Can You tell me if i integrate windows .msu updates using 7customizer , will they be visible in control panel -> programs and features --> "show installed updates" ? (or should be visible) I am curious if 7cusotmizer uses diffrent integration method than RT7lite . When i use RT7 lite 1.7 version then updates are lsiten in "installed updates" list in control panel. Im curious if its the same with 7 customizer.

Edited by izajasz

Guys,

Can You tell me if i integrate windows .msu updates using 7customizer , will they be visible in control panel -> programs and features --> "show installed updates" ? (or should be visible) I am curious if 7cusotmizer uses diffrent integration method than RT7lite . When i use RT7 lite 1.7 version then updates are lsiten in "installed updates" list in control panel. Im curious if its the same with 7 customizer.

Yes, the integrated updates will be visible!

Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Oh learned ones

My source copy of Win7 is Home Premium x386 and x64. It is also the upgrade version not the full version.

When I try to run 7 customizer, I can add all the files required until I try to add the Windows installation source. When I browse to the location it is at on my disk and insert the path, the utility crashes and you get the following error which I have attached.

I also cannot locate the log file.

Any help would be appreciated

post-203241-0-89475500-1344185793_thumb.

Select correctly the ImageX.exe and DISM.exe paths!

However, I don't know if you can use 7Customizer with an upgrade Windows 7 Home version x86/x64 !

Try to use the correct paths and let us know!

Cheers

Edited by myselfidem

Select correctly the ImageX.exe and DISM.exe paths!

However, I don't know if you can use 7Customizer with an upgrade Windows 7 Home version x86/x64 !

Try to use the correct paths and let us know!

Cheers

I got it I had the wrong location for the imagex file also i did have a bit of trouble locating the dism file but I got it

ok now that I got the program setup I cannot slipstream SP1 into it. I DL all 3 versions of SP1 as i do need to create an x386 version for a laptop.

I DLed the .exe files but something tells me that is incorrect.

Oh I see. Well I can manually slipstream it.

No, you don't need! You can download the full Windows 7 SP1 MSDN (SP1 already integrated) using the link given above!

But, I don't think the upgraded Windows 7 key will match an original Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium!

Thanks to let us know.

Oh I see. Well I can manually slipstream it.

No, you don't need! You can download the full Windows 7 SP1 MSDN (SP1 already integrated) using the link given above!

But, I don't think the upgraded Windows 7 key will match an original Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium!

Thanks to let us know.

This is a win7 pro version. I don't thimk it will work with my home premium key but I will try. It is possible but if I do recall correctly the version you get is determined by the key anyway. all flavors of win7 are on the disk. I know that is the way Vista was setup.

DLing both ver of it now.

I can still manually slipstream if this doesn't work.

On the home page:

[Direct Download Links] Download Official, Original and Untouched Windows 7 RTM with SP1 ISO (32-bit and 64-bit)

Browse to:

Download Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or

Download Windows 7 Ultimate with Service Pack 1 (SP1) and read how to choose the Windows 7 edition to install.

How to choose desired Windows 7 edition during setup?

Your valid key is only available for the Windows 7 edition you bought!

Edited by myselfidem

Just finished installing the newly created iso on VMWare Player. It installed without any errors and exactly as I set it up.

My next step is to play with removing some stuff and seeing how that goes.

It worked as well as nlite does for XP.

• 6 months later...