MoveFile failed code 32

Joe Berg

Hi

Trying to download Registry manager and it gets about 75% done then the message comes up with code32 I'ved tried ignore but all that happens is that it gets to the end and the same message comes up when you tried to open. I've tried downloading some freeware form TuCows to see what happens and its the same.

Joe

Error code 32 when accessing the filesystem is usually one of two errors, ERROR_SHARING_VIOLATION or ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED. Given that this is a download manager and likely writing and combining multiple chunks of a file into one larger file during downloading, as most do, I'd say it was most likely the former. Which means some other process running on the machine managed to get an exclusive lock on the file whilst the download manager attempted to read to or write from one of it's files on disk, or the download manager itself messed up the sharing mode it passed in during a ReadFile or WriteFile operation, thus screwing itself up.

If you download to a folder on a hard drive that you have configured any antivirus, antimalware, etc software running on this machine to explicitly not scan, does the problem reproduce?