Problems with Unattended Installation

Having performed several unattended builds in my time and come across various issues have now come across something new and require a little assistance.

I have a WindowsXP SP2 unattended build that have used several times before due to new hardware I have had to modifiy the driver set (updating the SIF file and txtsetup.oem file). As the windows installation process kicks in I recieve the following error :-

'File caused an unexpected error(0) at line 2166 in d:\xpsp\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c.

Press any key to continue'

If I press any key, the build continues through ok (ie. my new SATA drivers are working fine).

(1) Can anyone explain what to look for with this error, the build works ok. I have searched my SIF, OEM file, INF files etc and none of these go up to line 2166.

(2)What is error(0)

(3)What exactly is oemdisk.c. where does this come from? and where does the d: drive come from? If I understand how this iworks I may be able to pinpoint my problem.

Thanks in advance, if you would like me to supply any additional detail please just ask.

Edited by davbroom

Hi,

I have been suffering with the same problem.

Check that the disk names match up between the [Disks] and [Files.....] sections - highlighted in bold below.

[Disks]

d1 = "Dell SAS 5x and SAS 6x Controller Driver (Windows XP 32-bit)", symmpi.sys, \

[scsi]

DELL_SAS = "Dell SAS 5x and SAS 6x Controller Driver (Windows XP 32-bit)"

[Files.scsi.DELL_SAS]

driver = d1,symmpi.sys,SYMMPI

inf = d1,symmpi.inf

inf = d1,delpseud.inf

catalog = d1,mpixp32.cat

I hope this helps.