Extracting Drivers

Things are moving along pretty well with my Win 7 Image project, but I'm running into a problem trying to integrate one particular driver file.

http://www.authentec.com/win7beta64.cfm

It's the fingerprint driver for some of the laptops I'm working with, and I can't determine any way to extract the .inf file so that I could integrate it into a .wim. It basically just wants to install itself, and I haven't been able to tell any temp folder that it extracts files to, or by looking at the driver files on the actual device after it's installed it just list 2 .dlls and a .sys file.

Also wondering if there is any way to get the actual driver package that is pulled down from Win updates? There is an infrared driver that I can't seem to find anywhere, but Windows updates downloads/installs it fine.

Any help appreciated.

Edited by tomatthe

Sometimes you just have to install the driver on a test machine, and then find the .INF file for the driver. Then look in the .INF file and figure out the driver files it is referencing. It's a pain. In the past I used IcemanND's awesome DriverBackup utility to do this. But sadly, it doesn't work in Win7 :(

I had no problem running my DriverBackup utility on my Win7 x86 system, you have to right click and select "Run as Administrator". It doesn't like my x64 system, or at least not the drivers that have 64-bit files. Hopefully I'll get a chance in the near future to do a rewrite and include 64-bit file searches.