Se7en_UA - RunOnceEx Tester still working with Win 11 2022

• 2 weeks later...

When it happened, I was adding applications into the DVD, after injecting SP1

so you was in add applications?

delete the Se7en_UA.ini then start the program it will create new. attach it here

Edited by maxXPsoft

• 2 weeks later...

Have been unable to make FirstUXRes.WIM work in SP1. Works like 1 time during setup and then it is replaced somehow. Yes I replace it in oobe also

I have replaced in also new additional folder for sp1.

Mountdir\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-setup-component_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_905283bdc3e1d2d8\FirstUXRes.WIM

@maxXPsoft :hello:

Solved!

Yes. I've had the same problem with upgrading Windows 7 SP0 to SP1.

It seems the file FirstUXRes.WIM is replaced during the upgrade, and I've mounted a new time install.wim to add my FirstUXRes.WIM customized inside "%Mount_Folder%\Windows\System32\oobe" and all works fine now!

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

Solved!

Yes. I've had the same problem with upgrading Windows 7 SP0 to SP1.

It seems the file FirstUXRes.WIM is replaced during the upgrade, and I've mounted a new time install.wim to add my FirstUXRes.WIM customized inside "%Mount_Folder%\Windows\System32\oobe" and all works fine now!

Regards

I first went there and done that myself getting the new to mod on all my files regardless cause I have a real sp1 dvd. I am using a different background and it still fails. My FirstUXBackground.bmp background is not all black as main color and wondering if thats it. It worked 1 time and then when things changed it went back. Going to reduce all the new files I modded and try that

this is the new I am working on

post-9484-0-88337400-1301321291_thumb.pn

I've upgraded my Windows 7 Ultimate DVD with SP1 using "sysprep" and I've changed the file FirstUXRes.WIM, because the first one with my FirstUXBackground.bmp image customized inside Windows 7 SP0 was amended by default.

During my silent install the new FirstUXRes.WIM integrated works fine, and I see my image during video performance stage before "Welcome window"!

Image video performance

*Edit: It seems that using an image colored for FisrtUXBackground.bmp doen't works really fine, and maybe it's needed to change also the others images with black background?

Edited by myselfidem

I've made a new FirstUXBackground.bmp all colored 24 bit integrated inside FirstUXRes.WIM, and tested successfully!

How you get a picture of me??? :lol:

That answers that, I am slowly redoing mine trying to figure it out. I am on 64-bit though. Reshacker gets error. So am using Restorator

Nothing else out there for free and Resource Tuner won't do 64.

Just started messing up with this sp1 full dvd.

maxXPsoft, I have been looking at your background procedures and files. My initial interest was to determine if any of the DLLs changed with SP1 and I do't think they have. What I found was your imageres.dll was about the same size as the one in the boot image but about half the size of the one in the install.wim. I attach a file with a summary of my findings. Why is there so much difference in size? I did not worry about the bit map files - assuming it is OK to change a picture. Maybe there is a potential problem using the smaller imageres.dll in the install image. What do you think? Thanks and enjoy, John.

I done full install yesterday using only 3 modded files. imageres.dll and spwizimg.dll and both worked with my mods. FirstUXRes.WIM did not on a Full SP1 dvd

I have extracted with 7-zip both the boot.wim image 2 and the Image I am installing to a HD. SP1 dvd

Filename : FirstUXRes.WIM

MD5 : 9e72531f4798b69a1634232b94af9aa8

Filename : imageres.dll

MD5 : 5aa945234e9d4cce4f715276b9aa712c

Filename : spwizimg.dll

MD5 : d896e73ec6f4f72d80a29e961c5decb4

You can see these are not the same md5 as yours. I replace these in all locations I find them except with 64 I do 2 locations and 32 is also 2 locations. that are same.

A few compares

Identical binary files: D:\SP1_boot_X64\Windows\System32\imageres.dll and D:\SP1_boot_X64\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-imageres-embedded_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_874efc7fb73e8c1f\imageres.dll
Identical binary files: D:\SP1_X64\Windows\System32\imageres.dll and D:\SP1_X64\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-imageres_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_38b294da11970cde\imageres.dll
Different binary files: D:\SP1_X64\Windows\System32\imageres.dll, D:\SP1_X64\Windows\SysWOW64\imageres.dll
Different binary files: D:\SP1_X64\Windows\System32\imageres.dll, D:\SP1_X64\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-imageres_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_dc93f95659399ba8\imageres.dll

The files are different for a FULL SP1 dvd from an injected SP1 or either reverse integration as they call it.

maxXPsoft, I should have said my hashes are SHA-1 not MD5. My MD5 hashes are the same as yours. My SP1 was installed before I did a sysprep/generalize. As you can see there are two apparently different FirstUXRes.wim files (different size and hash). When I extract these they contain the exact same size and number of files. I suspect they are really the same. There is no source that I can find for one of the files, so I suspect Setup creates this file from some other files. Perhaps the FirstUXBackground.bmp file is being copied into a folder and a new FirstUXRes.wim being created, thus replacing your file. We would need to discovery which file this is and replace it also. You did not answer my question about the size of the imageres.dll. It looks like you have modified the one in the boot image and replaced the one in the install image with it. The one in the install image is about twice as large as the boot one. Does this not present a problem? Thanks and enjoy, John.

EDIT: The larger version of FirstUXRes.wim is in SP1.

EDIT: I just installed an ISO in my VM consisting of the install.wim from the sysprep/capture (with SP1) and running your background batch files against both install and boot wim files. All went fine during the install including the FirstUXRes image. I guess it is the SP1 copies of FirstUXRes.wim that is the problem. With the captured image, these have ben applied and your batch files then overlay them.

I am still concerned by the size difference in imageres.dll. What do you think?

EDIT: I extracted the two (different size) FirstUXRes.wim files and used the FC command to compare them. All file pairs are identical. You should be able to replace the file in SP1 with yours and be good to go.

EDIT: I compared the 32 and 64 bit versions of spwizimg.dll and imageres.dll. Each pair has several differences and I suspect the differences may well not be ignorable.

Edited by johnhc

I replaced both of these with my modded FirstUXRes.WIM file and they both match it. These are installed in my system now and contain my image yet it don't work.

Thats why I developed the Add right click .wim so I could go to any place and mount an image. I mounted both and my image is in there. On a 64-bit this is only place they are located. 6.1.7601.17514 is full SP1 dvd.

I use ExamDiff Pro (64-bit) for my comparisons

Identical binary files: C:\Windows\System32\oobe\FirstUXRes.WIM and C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-setup-component_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_905283bdc3e1d2d8\FirstUXRes.WIM

Done a search with Ransack on file contents of image 2 for FirstUXRes and this is what it returned. quite a lot of files to do contents

post-9484-0-56638800-1301919151_thumb.pn

I noticed the size diff on imageres.dll but one I use is from install.wim and not the boot.wim. I don't have any problem there cause it is working.

Edit: guess I will have to extract sp0 and compare them 4 files. Don't think the manifests #5 would have changed much but I'll look and compare

Edited by maxXPsoft