Se7en_UA - RunOnceEx Tester still working with Win 11 2022

Max, I've forget to ask, does Se7en_UA support unattended installation in dual layer version (x86 n x64)?

I have never looked at that, but I'm sure there's a way. Can do anything we want if we study it a bit.

Hello Max! :rolleyes:

Could you make a file txt "English.lng" for translate the software in another language?

Regards.

We did have a packs folder in UnattendXP with txt file for translators but never implemented in Vista-UA or Se7en_UA.

@urie :rolleyes:

Thank you for the answer!

I've seen the txt file "French.lpk" inside the folder: UnattendXP\packs\French.lpk

It is possible to implemente the txt file inside Se7en_UA, like UnattendXP?

I am interstead to translate the software!

Thanks a lot!

Edited by myselfidem

@urie :rolleyes:

Thank you for the answer!

I've seen the txt file "French.lpk" inside the folder: UnattendXP\packs\French.lpk

It is possible to implemente the txt file inside Se7en_UA, like UnattendXP?

I am interstead to translate the software!

Thanks a lot!

I am working on adding it but not much free time right now.

Max, I've made unattended installation using Se7en_UA in dual layer image, the answer have been there so long, I haven't realize that, anyway I've attached my sample unattended xml, all u need is just copy part of the 2nd xml into the primary xml, enjoy everyone!!! :thumbup

Autounattend.xml

Sorry, I've forget to mention I'm using the built in administrator account,I've renamed it into my desired names using unattend.sdb in the security folder!

Edited by ar_seven_am

Max, I've made unattended installation using Se7en_UA in dual layer image, the answer have been there so long, I haven't realize that, anyway I've attached my sample unattended xml, all u need is just copy part of the 2nd xml into the primary xml, enjoy everyone!!! :thumbup

will have to give a try when I can get time, currently working on language packs

Autounattend.xml

Sorry, I've forget to mention I'm using the built in administrator account,I've renamed it into my desired names using unattend.sdb in the security folder!

Think you have got mixed up here think user meant dual layer meaning just size of dvd i,e, dvd5 or dvd9 because once all applications were added no room on dvd5. As for you autounattend.xml yes one can add x86 and x64 to xml.

Yupz Urie, it's worth when someone had dvd 9 the space will be used for goods n not wasted! Anyway, now I'm just notice that the 2nd image from the install.wim had shrink, n when I use Se7en_UA to integrate some apps n pack the image it gettin smaller, is it ok or I'm just screw up? Before I've exported the original size of the 2nd image is 3,98 GB but now the size is only 3,45 GB (after I packed with Se7en_UA)? I have test with vmware both image n everything's fine, so anyone can answer why is this happen? Max? Urie? It's normal right?

Yupz Urie, it's worth when someone had dvd 9 the space will be used for goods n not wasted! Anyway, now I'm just notice that the 2nd image from the install.wim had shrink, n when I use Se7en_UA to integrate some apps n pack the image it gettin smaller, is it ok or I'm just screw up? Before I've exported the original size of the 2nd image is 3,98 GB but now the size is only 3,45 GB (after I packed with Se7en_UA)? I have test with vmware both image n everything's fine, so anyone can answer why is this happen? Max? Urie? It's normal right?

are you selecting the compress? I added that in as a pre cursor to removing stuff.

are you selecting the compress? I added that in as a pre cursor to removing stuff.

Yups max, I've select compress image, have I remove something there? But what I remember I didn't remove anything, only repack image after I mount at zmountdir. The first image only reduce about 30-50 MB, but the 2nd image almost 500 MB, or is just becuz I export from the original Windows Vista SP2 so the image from install.wim haven't reduced (original size) ? Anyway, it doesn't matter, I enjoy it using my experimental windows, n everything work's fine, thx Max!

I cannot get Se7en_UA to start on my real XP x64 machine. I have DLed and installed under XP x64 on a VM under VMware Server and it opens just fine. I am looking at the help files but do not have W7 there to actually try something. I have tried many things on my real machine with not luck. When I attempt to open the application, a brief hourglass appears and goes away. I previously had RT7Lite installed, so I also had WAIK (W7) installed. I removed both of these programs. I got lots of complaints from the Comodo Internet Security (CIS), so I unplugged my modem and stopped it including using msconfig to stop it from loading on restart. I have removed, restarted, reinstalled several times. All of these things failed to allow Se7en_UA to start. I have run out of things to try, and hope someone can help. Thanks in advanced. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: Some additional information: I tried using 'Run as...' under Administrator and same results. My real system is an nLited (using Kurt_Aust's guide) XP x64 with SP2 and all current updates. I installed an unmodified XP x64 (with SP2) under VM. In my real machine, I do have some services disabled/stopped (Black Viper's guide). If 7UA needs certain services to run, then please advise and I will get them running.

EDIT Again: After some more looking and experimenting: 7UA was installed taking all defaults. I do not have a Appswitch.dat folder. I have tried most if not all the combinations of Appswitch.new, Appswitch.dat files and none of them with Se7en_UA.ini file deleted and there. Appswitch.new retains its name and Se7en_UA.ini remains empty.

Edited by johnhc

I cannot get Se7en_UA to start on my real XP x64 machine.

My real system is an nLited XP x64 with SP2 and all current updates.

trying to think here. Don't know why it wouldn't start.

This will work fine with new waik so no problem there, only the old is problem.

rename Appswitch.new to Appswitch.dat. .new is not needed but if you have your own modified .dat

Delete the ini and restart so we see if its getting past that part.

I have removed some stuff to make it lighter install and with Nlite reucing we must be missing something.

Can you look at error logs and see if anything there?

Edit: you must have microsoft scripting installed as a minimum

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C717D943-7E4B-4622-86EB-95A22B832CAA&displaylang=en

Edited by maxXPsoft

trying to think here. Don't know why it wouldn't start.

This will work fine with new waik so no problem there, only the old is problem.

rename Appswitch.new to Appswitch.dat. .new is not needed but if you have your own modified .dat

Delete the ini and restart so we see if its getting past that part.

I have removed some stuff to make it lighter install and with Nlite reucing we must be missing something.

Can you look at error logs and see if anything there?

Edit: you must have microsoft scripting installed as a minimum

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C717D943-7E4B-4622-86EB-95A22B832CAA&displaylang=en

maxXPsoft, thanks much for your reply. Thought so about the WAIK, but tried it anyway. I have tried the .new to .dat and deleted the .ini. Same results and no .ini created. I have DLed and tried 6.2.2 as well as latest (6.2.3) - same. Not sure what you mean by 'error log' but my System Log (Event Viewer) is clean. Any other log to look into? With the Task Manager open, I can see no activity. The process count does not change and I see no new process being added - could just be a sampling thing though. I did not remove any MS scripting as far as I know. Attached is my Last Session so you can see what I did remove. How about a service? Any thing to look at in the Registry for a hint? I am trying to think what is different between my real machine and my VM. It opens just fine on my VM (XP x64, SP2, no updates, no .Net, no nLite). Thanks, John.

EDIT: I just DLed the MS Scripting installer and extracted it. I have the cscript.exe and wscript.exe (32 bit) on my system. Mine is 5.6.0.8832 and the DLed one is 5.7.0.16535. Make a difference? I use cscript.exe during install to set my paging file size, so I know it used to work. Another EDIT: On my VM, I used Process Explorer to look at 7UA. For the stack it showed:

ntoskrnl.exe!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x4c5

ntoskrnl.exe!KeUpdateSystemTime+0x42d

wow64cpu.dll+0x42d9

wow64cpu.dll+0x428e

wow64.dll+0x2002b

User32.dll+0x1938a

MSVBVM60.DLL+0xa41a

MSVBVM60.DLL+0xa2f8

MSVBVM60.DLL+0x6ba7

I run a modified ntoskrnl.exe but by a different name. The original remains in the System32 folder. Can this be a problem? Edited by johnhc