Se7en_UA - RunOnceEx Tester still working with Win 11 2022

• 3 weeks later...

Check out this link. These are 3 different bootres.dll files i made. the animations were downloaded and i broke them into frames to get this done. Also, i found this tool named 'windows7bootupdater' which i used to modify the bootres.dll files. just replace ur system's bootres.dll and winload.exe with one of this three and if u like the effect, u can use them in the DVD too.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5952457

Please note:

if you r using thmodded bootres.dll, then here r the step by step instructions:

1.) ofcourse, u need to d/l them

2.) go to x:\windows\system32 (x: is ur system drive letter). find the file named bootres.dll and rename it to bootred-original.dll (or make a backup anyway u want to.)

3.) u may need to take ownership of the file before u r allowed to rename or replace it. so, easiest way is to add the following registry key (copy the following to a text file and save the file as filename.reg) :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas]

@="Take Ownership"

"Icon"="C:\\Windows\\System32\\imageres.dll,-78"

"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas\command]

@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"

"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]

@="Take Ownership"

"Icon"="C:\\Windows\\System32\\imageres.dll,-78"

"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command]

@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"

"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile\shell\runas]

@="Take Ownership"

"HasLUAShield"=""

"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile\shell\runas\command]

@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"

"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"

******************************************************************************************************

then merge this reg file to ur windows registry to get a take ownership option in the right-click context menu. now u can just rightclick bootres.dll and select 'take ownership' option.

4.) Once u have taken ownership of ur windows\system32\bootres.dll and renamed/backed it up, go to the folders u downloaded and copy the modified bootres.dll and paste into x:\windows\system32\ (x: is ur system drive.)

5.) U may or maynot use the winload.exe. same steps as above if u want to use it.

6.) IMPORTANT: after the above steps r finished, do the following to get the new boot animation working:

Start menu>Run> cmd

In the command console that opens up, type the following:

'bcdedit /set {current} testsigning on'

without the quotes or u can also copy/paste it if ur command console has quickedit enabled and press enter. Once the above command has run successfully, just type bcdedit and press enter. the console will display the bcd entries. Look for the entry u use to boot into ur windows 7 system. it will show an entry similar to this:

Windows Boot Loader

-------------------

identifier {current}

device partition

path \Windows\

description Microsoft

locale en-US

testsigning Yes ****

osdevice partition

systemroot \Windows

*** if this entry is present and says yes as shown above, u can now restart your system and check wether the new boot animation works.

To add the modded bootres.dll to ur windows 7 dvd, the changes are as follows:

1.) mount install.wim to an empty folder. easiest way is to use gimagex. link: http://www.autoitscript.com/gimagex/

2.) once u have ur desired version of win7 in install.wim mounted, browse to mount\windows\system32 (mount\ is where u have mounted install.wim)

3.) take ownership of bootres.dll as well as winload.exe. then go to properties of winload.exe, select the security tab and change ownlership of winload.exe to 'everyone' and add permission for 'everyone' allowing full control. (steps same as the previous post.)

4.) rename/back up this bootres.dll, copy the modded bootres.dll and paste here.

***Important: DO NOT copy paste a modded winload.exe or ur system wont boot. just do the bootres.dll ONLY, for now.

5.) unmount install.wim by commiting the changes.

( if u need to use the modded wonload.exe, copy it to ur DVD ROOT\sources\oem\$$\System32 )

6.) add the following lines to either firstrun.cmd or setupcomplete.cmd:

bcdedit \set {current} testsigning on

so that ur boot entry now has testsigning enabled. Thats it.

From the next restart onwards, bootres.dll should work fine.

NOTE: for the first boot, as testsigning is not enabled, the modded bootres.dll wont load and hence the boot animation will be a progress bar like that of vista.

but if a modded winload.exe is used, then the system wont boot at all without having testsigning enabled. Thats why we need to do the winload.exe in this roundabout way.

On the other hand, if someone knows how to get bcd to enable testsigning even before the system boots for the first time, then, things will be more easy.

Edited by princektd

princektd I'll add that to my to do list.

this is an update. It didn't work with X86 but now does.

'Se7en_UA.exe 6.4.5: November 14, 2010, 7:21:20 PM
' Include slip of SP1 windows6.1-KB976932. Do right after copy dvd
' Added if you have Autoit installed it compiles an exe to install .themepack and close window
' Logging injecting Windows Updates added
' Remove all IE9 tweaks cause when injected causes setup to hang a long time.

You need 7zip installed for slipstream of SP1. Do not pause the extraction it will corrupt.

You can add 1 language to this besides en-us.

Processing 1 of 1 - Adding package Package_for_KB976932~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.17105
[==========================100.0%==========================]
The operation completed successfully.
Wait /Get-Features SP1
Wait /Get-Packages SP1
Wait /Get-Drivers SP1

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Image File : D:\Se7en_UA\uaDVD\sources\install.wim
Image Index : 2
Saving image
Unmounting image
The operation completed successfully.

@maxXPsoft

Many thanks for the new release Se7en_UA 6.4.5!

Works really perfectly! :thumbup

Slipstream SP1 (6.1.7601.17105) successfuly with my French Windows 7 Ultimate x86.

Regards

*Edit: It would be nice to automated cleaning the temp folders "SPslip" and "SPfile", because I see that I must do that myself with SP1.cmd?

Edited by myselfidem

*Edit: It would be nice to automated cleaning the temp folders "SPslip" and "SPfile", because I see that I must do that myself with SP1.cmd?

Yes wasn't sure if someone may want to look through there but probably not. I'll add cleaning it up after dism.

after running su_se7en 6.4.5

I'm getting an error can't find spaceshow_themepack.exe

I've compiles the au3 file myself and rebuilt the ISO

and it worked.

Let me watch and make sure mine copies then I'll have to give a try in vm and I'll see what happens.

I downloaded Se7en_UA6.3.32 final for XP Vista from your recommended page and couldn't start it.Then I got this from Avira Personal

Virus or unwanted program 'PCK/YodaProt [packer]'

detected in file 'C:\Se7en_UA\Se7en_UA.exe.

After that I checked the MD5 from the file included in the archive with md5summer and got some errors. I'm attaching the error file for you to see.

Se7en_UA6.3.32.exe_Result.txt

Cheers

Then I got this from Avira Personal Virus or unwanted program 'PCK/YodaProt [packer]'

I pack it to make a smaller download for those may be on dialup because I was there once and know what it is. There is nothing wrong with it. some other anti-vir say same thing, disable and download. I include MD5 done with Hashmyfiles

Filename          : Se7en_UA6.3.32.exe
MD5 : 5daaf0cbc7415c0806611034bd701aab
SHA1 : 6e241c58fc551387821dd43d0bf5854aa81253dc
CRC32 : 70127d68

Do not install to My Documents. Install to root of any drive with a lot of space.

Another bug I found and am working on it. Unless you add 1 extra language it will add all. Lang additions are pretty small like en-us is only 47 mb. So add 1 language till I get this fixed hopefully later today

Edited by maxXPsoft

I would like to skip the appinstall thing. so how do i do that? in case i dont wanna install apps automatically?? coz i cant proceed unless i check that option...

'Se7en_UA.exe 6.1.9: February 20, 2010, 6:35:36 PM

' Hint: If you don't want to include any Applications then just create empty folder APPS and when the APPS Installer loads just select EXIT. I built this around installing 1 - 60 Applications so its hard to remove that.