Se7en_UA - RunOnceEx Tester still working with Win 11 2022

@ thewalrus

What your describing is how the program works, all check boxes @ least most require propagation before it will progress. I have used the program & successfully produced a fully working W7 UA dvd. Only few problems had were unsigned drivers not injecting & Dism refusing to commit the image a few times. I put this down to permissions in W7. Good luck with it.

Ok let me try to describe what I did in more detailed way.

I took my W7 DVD and copied it to some directory.

The program will copy a Dvd also

At some point you can vlite this thing or copy a vlited source folder. I haven't tried since getting on Win 7

Yes you must progress down the boxes 1 at a time and i know vlite was similar cause i have used it but it loads diff pages.

(and half million popups) you must have uac turned on, I disable that

But if I don't set anything and click ok, the checkbox next to Addons stays ticked. From now on it stays ticked and I can't change it.

Interesting fact is that if I do this twice, Add drivers checkbox becomes available

I'll look at that because I usually add something there like my Wallpapers

EDIT: Just started over and clicked the Addons and didn't select anything and said OK, Was ready to do Drivers when I exited.

BTW,

You have to understand I made this to work if you have XP, Vista, Se7en and diff x86/x64 on each. It took a lot of time to get this right.

So setting up Image tools is a no brainer cause each OS requires different things.

Edited by maxXPsoft

I have used the program & successfully produced a fully working W7 UA dvd. Only few problems had were unsigned drivers not injecting & Dism refusing to commit the image a few times. I put this down to permissions in W7. Good luck with it.

:thumbup Thanks MC, someone finally said they done it. I get those permission things in 7 also. Some say they don't get that on x86. What are you running?

Ok then, I will have to try more and maybe get it to work.

The popups is a bit confusing I guess, I meant the interface is a little weird for me - like I said the way vLite works seems great to me, although this tool is far more advanced in terms of what you can do with it. Anyway, what I meant was - I find it confusing to click on something, be presented with options, click again, "popup" windows with some description appears, click ok, then something else... This kind of stuff. But I guess it just takes some time to get used to.

I still have some questions though:

1) What is this username thing when I copy the files? I don't get it at all.

2) How exactly does the addons tab work? It takes the stuff from current installation, ie. from the system Se7en_UA runs on?

3) Adding drivers - do I need to specify all drivers I want to integrate in one step? I assumed so and copied all my drivers (in separate folders) somewhere, then navigated Se7en_UA there. Result, it crashed without any message. Upon restarting and clicking on "list", I got error message "runtime error 339" stating that mscomctl.ocx is not correctly registered. Hmm... The program still stays loaded btw, so killing the process is necessary.

When I get past the drivers integration I will ask further...

I am sorry to ask dumb questions, but I would really like to get it to work, considering vLite being totally outdated.

I have used the program & successfully produced a fully working W7 UA dvd. Only few problems had were unsigned drivers not injecting & Dism refusing to commit the image a few times. I put this down to permissions in W7. Good luck with it.

:thumbup Thanks MC, someone finally said they done it. I get those permission things in 7 also. Some say they don't get that on x86. What are you running?

My box is 64 able though running x86.

Ok then, I will have to try more and maybe get it to work.

The popups is a bit confusing I guess, I meant the interface is a little weird for me - like I said the way vLite works seems great to me, although this tool is far more advanced in terms of what you can do with it. Anyway, what I meant was - I find it confusing to click on something, be presented with options, click again, "popup" windows with some description appears, click ok, then something else... This kind of stuff. But I guess it just takes some time to get used to.

I still have some questions though:

2) How exactly does the addons tab work? It takes the stuff from current installation, ie. from the system Se7en_UA runs on?

3) Adding drivers - do I need to specify all drivers I want to integrate in one step? I assumed so and copied all my drivers (in separate folders) somewhere, then navigated Se7en_UA there. Result, it crashed without any message. Upon restarting and clicking on "list", I got error message "runtime error 339" stating that mscomctl.ocx is not correctly registered. Hmm... The program still stays loaded btw, so killing the process is necessary.

When I get past the drivers integration I will ask further...

I am sorry to ask dumb questions, but I would really like to get it to work, considering vLite being totally outdated.

1 - Username enter your username you use in windows.

2 - addons yes there are from the os you have installed i,e for example copy favourites from IE.

2 - drivers make a drivers folder inside that you can have subfolders drivers must be unpacked and have inf files not executable package from makers,

use a a driver backup program to grab the drivers already installed on your system. Driver Magician lite version is free.

what is your username? For you don't you think it would be TheWalrus?

This seems a little too advanced for you although my 11 year old knows, uninstall this and go back to your lite stuff

Edited by maxXPsoft

Allright, what that kind of attitude I think I will hold onto something else.

(and just for the record, it is not that clear, cause why would I have to enter my username when I want to modity files somewhere on the hdd...)

Nice app maxXPsoft

Thank you for sharing.

Small bug to report:

When copying from DVD drive Robocopy reports an error

" ERROR : Invalid Parameter #4 : "/MT" "

I got around it by removing the MT parameter from the CDcopy.cmd script Se7en_UA generates. I then ran the CDIMAGE.EXE solo, not through Se7en_UA.exe, because if I run it through Se7en_UA it rewrites the MT parameter into the CDcopy.cmd script.

Once I got around this minor bug all else went smooth with no errors.

Look that writes the name and uses it later on your xml. Maybe a little ahead of time but whats the big deal.

I pop them windows so anyone can copy error message in case.

If you do get error i need to know

OS and x86 or x64

Target OS and x86 or x64

take screenshot if possible

Nice app maxXPsoft

Thank you for sharing.

Small bug to report:

When copying from DVD drive Robocopy reports an error

" ERROR : Invalid Parameter #4 : "/MT" "

I got around it by removing the MT parameter from the CDcopy.cmd script Se7en_UA generates. I then ran the CDIMAGE.EXE solo, not through Se7en_UA.exe, because if I run it through Se7en_UA it rewrites the MT parameter into the CDcopy.cmd script.

Once I got around this minor bug all else went smooth with no errors.

Thanks

/MT Is probably only windows 7 robocopy and is multiple threads and makes it much faster. I'll make it not write that on any but Se7en

Edited by maxXPsoft

Thank You

I have not tested the generated ISO. I just left all your info in the xml file as I have not yet taken the time to understand it, and just wanted to quickly try your app.

Is it ok to put my own support info/name/serial ?

Thank You

Will this work with the vista service pack 1 dvd and install sp2 if placed in the Hfixes folder ?

EDIT:

just noticed in your first post

works with source dvd vista x86/64 SP2 and Se7en x86/64 RTM

Sorry for the noob questions. I am new to this.

Edited by collector

No Vista SP2 has been a pain for me and no way that I could find or anyway to do it. Not like XP where it would allow you to integrate SPs into your sources. Not sure if vlite can get it integrated. If it can then you could then copy the source from that. Hate to say that cause then you have the name all over your images.

You can install and then run the sp2. I kind of skipped vista after they came out with seven and quit trying to figure it out.