Se7en_UA - RunOnceEx Tester still working with Win 11 2022

Yep you only the 2nd person with an install problem exceeding 25,000 downloads.

But, that doesn't mean 25,000 people are using this, or ever tried.

I'm sorry, I'm not a programmer, I never ran Linux and I'm not a mind reader. I'm sure you know since RT7 Lite's support went down the tubes and it's obvious we will never see a V3, most have given up on it for the most part. Since it was a carry over from nLite (vLite), the user interface was similar. nLite did have some support, but that fell short. as usual.

What I don't understand is, people like yourself that have spent hundreds (and more) of hours on writing this code, something I could never do, then produce a program but provide little documentation seems to me defeats the purpose of the whole thing.

I'm not talking about hand holding, just a series of screen shots (which you do have after you install the program) with a overview at each step. This surely isn't the only project that falls down in this regard.

I realize it's a learning experience. But, the learning stops when there is no indication of where to go next. It shouldn't be a guessing game with basic steps. Unless I don't understand the concept, it's dead in the water.

Edited by videobruce

What I don't understand is, people like yourself that have spent hundreds (and more) of hours on writing this code, something I could never do, then produce a program but provide little documentation seems to me defeats the purpose of the whole thing.

Hmmm now why didn't I think of that? :w00t:

oops I did, look at Post # 4

Click one of the Help buttons and select the UXP_Vista_7_UA.exe in the Se7en_UA\help folder

Its old but still applies.

I keep unattend.chm, waik.chm, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit linked in mine.

You can find those in the Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Docs

Edited by maxXPsoft

I did, I even printed it out, but it still doesn't tell one how to get past what appears to be the 1st step of copying the O/S.

BTW, the Services interface is nice, more so is the ability to adjust your current config. But, it's odd that red would be running (auto) and green would be stopped (disabled).

1st post if you don't have the iso

Then extract it to a folder and copy that folder or burn iso to dvd and copy the dvd. Means copy them with Se7en_UA program, don't copy manually

I do that so if I mess up I can go back to first box and start over and don't mess up my original extracted sources.

Disabling services means a GREENER PC to me I guess :)

Edited by maxXPsoft

Means copy them with Se7en_UA program, don't copy manually

I know that and have done so twice.

Disabling services means a GREENER PC to me I guess

I use the Services console all the time. One of many reasons I have used nLite & RT7 Lite. I have also used Black Vipers services list since I has Win 2k.

BTW, BV did have a list for services for 2k, not just XP, Vista & Win7.

• 8 months later...
'Se7en_UA.exe 8.1.7 August 18, 2014, 5:33:28 PM'   Fix error during sources copy'   Add several tweaks
'Se7en_UA.exe 8.1.8 August 18, 2014, 8:32:23 PM'   Fix themepack not applying on Windows load at Firstlogon

1 tweak which works for me very well I mean I connect to pages more now than before is a DNS tweak. Before I would get the white error pages occasionally. Don't understand since I'm on 10mb DSL but can't argue with what works..

Make sure you back up this key before adding this.

EDIT: Discussion on this http://windowssecrets.com/forums/showthread.php/162438-DNS-reliability-and-performance

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dnscache\Parameters]"MaxNegativeCacheTtl"=dword:00000000;1 1 1 10 10 0"DNSQueryTimeouts"=hex(7):31,00,00,00,31,00,00,00,31,00,00,00,31,00,30,00,00,\  00,31,00,30,00,00,00,30,00,00,00,00,00
Edited by maxXPsoft

@ MaxX,  'Fix themepack not applying on Windows load at Firstlogon'

How did your correct or fix that issue? Having similar problem where my theme paper is being applied but not the theme.

Thanks, ~DP

Edited by DosProbie

How did your correct or fix that issue? Having similar problem where my theme paper is being applied but not the theme.

Thanks, ~DP

I use an auotit like this and call it in Firstlogoncommands

REM        .themepack

CMD /C start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\maxXPsoft_Wallpaper.exe

WinWaitNotActive ("Personalization")Run(@ComSpec & " /c " &@ScriptDir&"\maxXPsoft.themepack", "", @SW_HIDE)WinWaitActive ("Personalization")Sleep (5000)send ("!{F4}")Exit
Edited by maxXPsoft

'Se7en_UA.exe 8.1.9 August 20, 2014, 7:54:17 PM'   Fix imagex remove other images.

My image has grown rather large with so many updates injected so I removed the extra images so could write to a dvd-rw. Discovered it not working because of "" around certain things. So I fixed and then couldn't upload because my inet down for issues with the thing down the street until today.

Thanks, ~DP

I use an auotit like this and call it in Firstlogoncommands

REM        .themepack

CMD /C start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\maxXPsoft_Wallpaper.exe

WinWaitNotActive ("Personalization")Run(@ComSpec & " /c " &@ScriptDir&"\maxXPsoft.themepack", "", @SW_HIDE)WinWaitActive ("Personalization")Sleep (5000)send ("!{F4}")Exit

Thanks for the info MaxX, here is the script that worked on 8 for me on my UA install, but on 8.1 it sets the custom them paper but still defaults to aero for some reason.

//============================================================== // FILE: tHEME.js // DESCRIPTION: Automatically Sets The Specified Windows 8 Theme //============================================================== // create shell object objShell = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell"); // start themes applet, load desired theme, and activate this window objShell.Run("%windir%\\resources\\themes\\RP-ReMix.theme",1); // wait for themes window WScript.Sleep(2000); // send the 'enter' key to accept this theme objShell.Sendkeys("{ENTER}");objShell.close

When I use "Roll back to here", when I start Se7en_UA up again I

get an error saying I need to delete wim.txt

another minor error in cleanup.cmd where its cleaning up the temp

files it's numbered 1-6,2 instead of 1-7

When I use "Roll back to here", when I start Se7en_UA up again I

get an error saying I need to delete wim.txt

another minor error in cleanup.cmd where its cleaning up the temp

files it's numbered 1-6,2 instead of 1-7

Fixed the cleanup.

Had that other thing happen 1 time to me and didn't look into it. Where are you at when you done that?

OK found where it happens with critical end of file error. Looking into it.

Edited by maxXPsoft

'Se7en_UA.exe 8.2.0 August 24, 2014, 8:25:26 PM'   Fix minor cleanup.cmd error by jbm'   Fixed rollback error found by jbm. I was removing entire ini section where I only needed to remove just 2 entries'    from [Se7en_UA_Image]

You can add back that section like this.

This is for a Windows 7 64 bit

[Se7en_UA_Image]Count=41=Windows 7 HOMEBASIC2=Windows 7 HOMEPREMIUM3=Windows 7 PROFESSIONAL4=Windows 7 ULTIMATE

This is for a Windows 7 X86

[Se7en_UA_Image]Count=51=Windows 7 STARTER2=Windows 7 HOMEBASIC3=Windows 7 HOMEPREMIUM4=Windows 7 PROFESSIONAL5=Windows 7 ULTIMATE
Edited by maxXPsoft

When I first tried v. 8.2.0 regadd items weren't added to cleanup.cmd.

non injectable updates didn't work correctly.  The problems were fixed by

uninstalling, renaming the old seven_ua dir to seven and reinstalling.

starting the program clicking on the appswitch.ini button and adding back

my info ie hotfixes and app data etc. and copying my files into regadd and

my_files.

One other thing, I was up to 21 msu files that wouldn't inject.  Which seemed

like a lot to me. So to double check I tried removing them from the list.

And I could remove all but 6, 5 of these I moved from the install dir to the

hotfixes dir leaving the 2533552 msu file in the install dir.

All msu files injected without error. The only thing I can think of is that I've

removed and added different updates to inject