Se7en_UA - RunOnceEx Tester still working with Win 11 2022

'Se7en_UA.exe 8.1.5 October 04, 2013, 2:04:34 PM'   Now fixed to allow Rollback to Here all the way through'     That way you can do an Ultimate image and then back up and do a Premium or whatever.'   Fix adding /IMAGE/NAME for AutoUnattend.xml if blank'   Fix 401 error at image selection if no image selected

and for those that use it. Jump2reg updated for win 8.1 RTM

'Jump2reg 3.0.4 October 04, 2013, 8:12:38 PM' Correction for Windows 8.1 RTM

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

Thanks for a great bit of software that supports Win 8.1

As a novice user of the tool, all I want to do is remove the Metro Apps from my .iso, is there a simple way just to skip straight to this step ? Or do you need to go through and tick every step in sequence - even if not using that feature ?

Secondly is there any way to remove the Skydrive app aswell. I see it isn't listed in the APPX packages anymore. Is that because it's more deeply intergrated into the OS now with 8.1 ?

Regards

As a novice user of the tool, all I want to do is remove the Metro Apps from my .iso, is there a simple way just to skip straight to this step ? Or do you need to go through and tick every step in sequence - even if not using that feature ?

Secondly is there any way to remove the Skydrive app aswell. I see it isn't listed in the APPX packages anymore. Is that because it's more deeply intergrated into the OS now with 8.1 ?

Regards

You can add the right click .wim here http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/150275-add-right-click-wim-windows-7-or-windows-881/?p=958469

Use the zProvisionedAppxPackages.txt from Seven_UA folder

Then mount your image and simply do this.

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/157636-metro-tile-custimization/

EDIT: Skydrive NO, not yet. You can unpin it that's what I been doing and trying out how to automate it.

Edited by maxXPsoft

• 2 weeks later...

For those that use it

'Jump2reg 3.0.5 November 01, 2013, 2:04:18 PM' Updated RegSearch2013.vbs. Was exporting and searching just 2 keys HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE + HKEY_USERS. Added all others - MaxXPsoft

I modified the Reg Search where it searches through all Hives. :w00t:

Still works with XP, or rather I tested in Windows XP Mode

RegSearch2013.vbs

'Nov 3 2013 Updated file to increment sRegTmp for Error: Permission denied

'RegSearch2013.vbs - Search All the Registry for input string and display results.'© MaxXPsoft Nov 1 2013 based on Bill James RegSrchXP.vbs' Was exporting and searching just 2 keys HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE + HKEY_USERS. Added all others - MaxXPsoft'Problems reply here  3 2013 Updated file to increment sRegTmp for Error: Permission deniedOption ExplicitDim oWS : Set oWS = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")Dim oFSO : Set oFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")Dim oShell,os_name, RegVersionDim SystemSet, System, os_VerRegVersion = "REGEDIT4"Set oShell = CreateObject( "WScript.Shell" )os_name=oShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%OS%")If os_name = "Windows_NT" Then OSVersion()Dim sSearchForsSearchFor = InputBox("This script will search your Registry and find all " & _  "instances of the search string you input."  & vbcrlf & vbcrlf & _  "This search could take several minutes, so please be patient." & _  vbcrlf & vbcrlf & "Enter search string (case insensitive) and " & _  "click OK... Or Hit [ ENTER ]", WScript.ScriptName & " " & Chr(169) & " MaxXPsoft",,50,380)If sSearchFor = "" Then Cleanup()Dim StartTime : StartTime = TimerDim sRegTmp, sOutTmp, eRegLine, iCnt, sRegKey, aRegFileLinessRegTmp = oWS.Environment("Process")("Temp") & "\RegTmp" & _      Hour(Now) & Minute(Now) & Second(Now) & ".tmp "sOutTmp = oWS.Environment("Process")("Temp") & "\sOutTmp" & _      Hour(Now) & Minute(Now) & Second(Now) & ".reg "Dim RegHives(4)  RegHives(0) = "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT"  RegHives(1) = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"  RegHives(2) = "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"  RegHives(3) = "HKEY_USERS"  RegHives(4) = "HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG"With oFSO.OpenTextFile(sOutTmp, 8, True)  .WriteLine(RegVersion & vbcrlf & "; " & WScript.ScriptName & " " & _  Chr(169) & " MaxXPsoft" & vbcrlf & vbcrlf & "; Registry search " & _  "results for string " & Chr(34) & sSearchFor & Chr(34) & " " & Now & _  vbcrlf & vbcrlf & "; NOTE: This file will be deleted when you close " & _  "NotePad." & vbcrlf & "; You must manually save this file to a new " & _  "location if you want to refer to it again later." & vbcrlf & "; (If " & _  "you save the file with a .reg extension, you can use it to restore " & _  "any Registry changes you make to these values.)" & vbcrlf)  Dim j  For j = 0 To UBound(RegHives)    oWS.Run "regedit /e /a " & sRegTmp & " " & RegHives(j) , , True '/a enables export as Ansi for WinXP      With oFSO.GetFile(sRegTmp)      aRegFileLines = Split(.OpenAsTextStream(1, 0).Read(.Size), vbcrlf)    End With      oFSO.DeleteFile(sRegTmp)    For Each eRegLine in aRegFileLines      If InStr(1, eRegLine, "[", 1) > 0 Then sRegKey = eRegLine      If InStr(1, eRegLine, sSearchFor, 1) >  0 Then        If sRegKey <> eRegLine Then          .WriteLine(vbcrlf & sRegKey) & vbcrlf & eRegLine        Else          .WriteLine(vbcrlf & sRegKey)        End If        iCnt = iCnt + 1      End If    Next    Erase aRegFileLines        Next  If iCnt < 1 Then    oWS.Popup "Search completed in " & FormatNumber(Timer - StartTime, 0) & " seconds." & _    vbcrlf & vbcrlf & "No instances of " & chr(34) & sSearchFor & chr(34) & _    " found.",, WScript.ScriptName & " " & Chr(169) & " MaxXPsoft", 4096    .Close    oFSO.DeleteFile(sOutTmp)    Cleanup()  End If    .Close    oWS.Popup "Search completed in " & FormatNumber(Timer - StartTime, 0) & " seconds." & _  vbcrlf & vbcrlf & iCnt & " instances of " & chr(34) & sSearchFor & chr(34) & _  " found." & vbcrlf & vbcrlf & "Click OK to open Results in Notepad.",, _  WScript.ScriptName & " " & Chr(169) & " MaxXPsoft", 4096  oWS.Run "Notepad " & sOutTmp, 3, True  oFSO.DeleteFile(sOutTmp)  Cleanup()End WithSub Cleanup()  Set oWS = Nothing  Set oFSO = Nothing  WScript.QuitEnd SubSub OSVersion()  Set SystemSet = GetObject("winmgmts:").InstancesOf ("Win32_OperatingSystem")   for each System in SystemSet   If System.Version > "6.0.0000" Then RegVersion = "Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00"  nextEnd Sub
Edited by maxXPsoft

Van the mediafire link doesn't work just takes you to mediafire home page.your files are not there.

OK thnx M8 for pointing that out

corrected http://www.mediafire.com/folder/3l27csbkuzdyz/Se7en_UA

'Jump2reg 3.0.6 November 04, 2013, 11:35 AM

' Added new RegSearch routine where it is faster than the RegSearch2013.vbs

Edited by maxXPsoft

• 3 weeks later...

max, could u add some registry entries to disable security file warning while processing silent installation? currently I'm doing manually with adding the registry in specialize section (autounattend.xml) with this :

REG ADD "HKCU\Environment" /V SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS /T REG_SZ /D 1 /FREG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment" /V SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS /T REG_SZ /D 1 /F

then I reenable that again after first gui (cleanup.cmd) :

REG Delete "HKCU\Environment" /V SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS /FREG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment" /V SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS /T REG_SZ /D 0 /F

without that, I get warning message in some silent installation (not all) :

zrl1z.jpg

normal hotfix (like windows defender update)?

defender silent switch is mpas-feX64.exe -q or /q works also

You could run the command line version for that "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate

Either way you have to have Admin rights on that one. Perhaps setupcomplete.cmd?

normal hotfix (like windows defender update)?

defender silent switch is mpas-feX64.exe -q or /q works also

You could run the command line version for that "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate

Either way you have to have Admin rights on that one. Perhaps setupcomplete.cmd?

in setupcomplete.cmd we cant hear the mp3 (I'd like to use ur sevenua and playing some mp3 files while installing :D ), by the way, I've test that again, even in setupcomplete still the same, the security file warning appear (something related with signature verification, I dont know if it becuz some update package I've been integrated/installing in the windows image, but I use only critical update (which appear in windows update but I download the msu n integrated manually) )

I'll report again with a test in vmware later (currently I'm working by now)...

Out Of Topic : I need to thx for ur jump2reg application, I fix some of my friend lappy which caused by usb autorun virus (6 fixed manually, 2 needs to reinstall :huh: )

I integrate all 149 through Oct and never get a popup. Perhaps setting in xml? I do have UAC off at that point and generalize

<settings pass="offlineServicing">        <component name="Microsoft-Windows-LUA-Settings" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">            <EnableLUA>false</EnableLUA>        </component>    </settings>    <settings pass="generalize">        <component name="Microsoft-Windows-PnpSysprep" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">            <PersistAllDeviceInstalls>true</PersistAllDeviceInstalls>        </component>    </settings>

mp3 won't play till firstlogoncommands

I've tried doing during setupcomplete just so I know where its at. even tried using "SAPI.SpVoice"

Edited by maxXPsoft

I've uac disabled too in offline servicing and also generalize, and enabled that again in cleanup.cmd (after all software installed).

note: I'm not sure it's becuz IIS and some networking stuff enabled, or is it? and also edit, it appear the registry doesn't affect at all, I forget I add the command with runas (as administrator) which work without asking permission to run installer...

note: I'm not sure it's becuz IIS and some networking stuff enabled, or is it?

That could be it. I don't have any IIS at all.

Or maybe some of your files have Streams in them. When I robocopy I use

robocopy D:\_Backup %~dp0_Backup /E /COPY:DT /MT:32 /PURGE /R:1 /W:5

The DT supposed to remove the S=Security=NTFS ACLs

Checking my Update download dir I get this on some files if right click properties

vdyk.png

So I do this to process all at once. Then just right click on a folder and choose

Unblock the files inside

EDIT: Upon doing this it removes the prompt "Do you want to run this file" mess when you normally double click to run

EX:

filterpack2010-kb2810071-fullfile-x64-glb.exe:

Deleted :Zone.Identifier:$DATA

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00;Download the *Sysinternals* *Streams.exe* from the link below. (Remember to unblock the zip file.);Unzip and copy streams.exe to \Windows\System32 or any other directory in your path;http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897440.aspx[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\unblockfile]@="Unblock file"[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\unblockfile\command]@="cmd /k streams -d \"%1\""[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\unblockallthefiles]@="Unblock the files inside"[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\unblockallthefiles\command]@="cmd /k streams.exe -d -s \"%1\""
Edited by maxXPsoft