Se7en_UA - RunOnceEx Tester still working with Win 11 2022

Heheheh, now the link have all what user required, tools, guides etc, cool Max :thumbup

Firstly let me say thanks for the tool..! :thumbup I have figured out all the options and created, packed (took 80mins using 6.21) Used poweriso to create an iso, removing the autounattend.xml before doing so and then tested the iso install using VMware V7. Now the install goes well, however when i attached a USB flash drive and attempt to install using the autounattend.xml it stalls after 1st reboot at the completing install phase, looks to be about 70% done. My question is what in the autounattend.xml sample that Max provided, would stall the install... cos i'm stuck.. ?

Another question, icreated a multiinstall XP install based on the unattended sif file leaving out computer, Prod key and user name so that they could be added during install to personalise the install (repair shop) can the autounnattend be used to do the same thing or must the fields be filled in otherwise the xml answer file fails.. ?

Heheheh, now the link have all what user required, tools, guides etc, cool Max :thumbup

Firstly let me say thanks for the tool..! :thumbup I have figured out all the options and created, packed (took 80mins using 6.21) Used poweriso to create an iso, removing the autounattend.xml before doing so and then tested the iso install using VMware V7. Now the install goes well, however when i attached a USB flash drive and attempt to install using the autounattend.xml it stalls after 1st reboot at the completing install phase, looks to be about 70% done. My question is what in the autounattend.xml sample that Max provided, would stall the install... cos i'm stuck.. ?

Another question, icreated a multiinstall XP install based on the unattended sif file leaving out computer, Prod key and user name so that they could be added during install to personalise the install (repair shop) can the autounnattend be used to do the same thing or must the fields be filled in otherwise the xml answer file fails.. ?

Yes you can leave out name serial e.c.t in autounattend.xml it will ask you for those when installing, Also Se7en_UA whould have copied Autounattend.xml to usb drive for you and made is no need to use poweriso.

1. this will create the iso, thats 3rd problem I've seen with poweriso in these forums

2. 80mins to pack using 6.21? 11 mins for me when I used compress option but i have a good system finally. are you doing that from xp? better system you have is better for UA. I remember Vlite used to take forever removing hardly nothing

3. stalling I've had that and trying to remember, yes something with xml. remove your serials and attach here, I thought I had that fixed or maybe I only fixed my xml which has a lot more than most

4. you want the PC to boot to Windows welcome? I'd use audit and sysprep with shutdown. Get it right before you do that though.

urie answered the other

For anyone: If I want VM to pick up my usb then right immediately after I start the VM I unplug then plug back in and it usually attaches it, Win has to see the usb so it will use xml. If it don't then manually attach down at bottom, hit the reset. I like usb cause if it crashes I can go to another PC and fix, look through my posts above somewhere how to copy the errors logs and you can diagnose

1. this will create the iso, thats 3rd problem I've seen with poweriso in these forums

2. 80mins to pack using 6.21? 11 mins for me when I used compress option but i have a good system finally. are you doing that from xp? better system you have is better for UA. I remember Vlite used to take forever removing hardly nothing

3. stalling I've had that and trying to remember, yes something with xml. remove your serials and attach here, I thought I had that fixed or maybe I only fixed my xml which has a lot more than most

4. you want the PC to boot to Windows welcome? I'd use audit and sysprep with shutdown. Get it right before you do that though.

urie answered the other

For anyone: If I want VM to pick up my usb then right immediately after I start the VM I unplug then plug back in and it usually attaches it, Win has to see the usb so it will use xml. If it don't then manually attach down at bottom, hit the reset. I like usb cause if it crashes I can go to another PC and fix, look through my posts above somewhere how to copy the errors logs and you can diagnose

1. I must have got something wrong with iso creation... the first time i tried it i could have sworn it wanted to burn directly to dvd...

2. I will try the whole process again, i had not rebooted and i think i was running vmware and a whole bunch of things at the time, i am running a intel core 2 duo 1.6 with 2.5gb ram and win 7 ultimate, usually goes pretty well so maybe i should do less when packing... ;)

3. I used your sample and changed some names and link to oemlogo, removed prod key but left prod key fields, removed image/name so it prompts for version install

4. I'll experiment with option here... thanks

The usb does get picked up and autounattend is being processed during install but gets hung up.

AutoUnattend.xml

AutoUnattend.xml

Edited by Ghostrider

The usb does get picked up and autounattend is being processed during install but gets hung up.

Ok should certainly run good on that

I am running on my XP box to see how long it runs. Will look at your xml

<!-- This document was created with Syntext Serna Free. ?

To me just first 4-5 components don't look right at all. I built all mine with Sim though its a pain at 1.5gb.

Mine

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

yours

<component xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS">

See how things are out of place? I'd try the Sample.xml and adjust as needed or click the Sample xml link down in my Signature where i have 2 Full sample xmls, get one and modify for you. on password you would add the Onerror or Always

Edited by maxXPsoft

<!-- This document was created with Syntext Serna Free. ?

To me just first 4-5 components don't look right at all. I built all mine with Sim though its a pain at 1.5gb.

Mine

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

yours

<component xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS">

See how things are out of place? I'd try the Sample.xml and adjust as needed or click the Sample xml link down in my Signature where i have 2 Full sample xmls, get one and modify for you. on password you would add the Onerror or Always

I see what you are saying but the xml does seem to be processed, it skip eula and language etc but quits later, i will try to use your xml and use notepad to change it to x86 and run a test with that

I see what you are saying but the xml does seem to be processed, it skip eula and language etc but quits later, i will try to use your xml and use notepad to change it to x86 and run a test with that

Thats what so great about VM, all you lose is time. 1 mistake in xml will take you down or BSOD. Been there many times perfecting my xml strategy :lol:

make a copy.cmd on the usb. at anytime it crashes or seems hung up hit Shift+F10, cd to the usb and type copy.

That will grab all the logs and can then diagnose where it's hanging.

cd /d %~dp0

@ECHO OFF

robocopy %systemroot%\Panther /MIR %~dp0$Panther

robocopy %systemroot%\System32\sysprep /MIR %~dp0$sysprep

REM http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744535%28WS.10%29.aspx

robocopy %WINDIR%\Setup\State\State.ini /MIR %~dp0$State.ini

Exit

cd /d %~dp0

@ECHO OFF

robocopy %systemroot%\Panther /MIR %~dp0$Panther

robocopy %systemroot%\System32\sysprep /MIR %~dp0$sysprep

REM http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744535%28WS.10%29.aspx

robocopy %WINDIR%\Setup\State\State.ini /MIR %~dp0$State.ini

Exit

Thanks for the code... Just an update, i deleted the previous UA and started from fresh, all went well until i wanted to pack, 1st it failed saying there was an image already mounted.... had to go into registry to remove wimmount entry then it let me pack, took 60 mins total and said so in the dos window but when i looked at the Se7en_UA report it said just over 4 mins? Anyway just going to try and install without making any changes to the xml file

1st it failed saying there was an image already mounted...

took 60 mins total and said so in the dos window but when i looked at the Se7en_UA report it said just over 4 mins?

1. image already mounted - add the right cick .wim - go to uaDVD\sources - right click on any .wim and run both zMountdir Cleanup - then delete the Se7en_UA\zMountDir - restart Se7en_UA and it creates new zMountdir. Guess still need to work on that I haven't had that here since last changes

2. That I am not understanding. I ran it yesterday on my XP Pentium 4, 3 Ghz, 3Gb ram and it took about 15-20 mins to pack but I didn't add anything just removed some languages and I used the compress

3. I corrected Se7en_UA report yesterday about the time it takes. next ver

I've just put a new image inside "imageres.dll" for the Logon Session and I've made a folder in SkyDrive: "7background_dlls_FR.rar".

Is it possible for you to create a Mediafire account? would help make it easier on me to just transfer to mine. From skydrive I have to download and then upload to mine.

How was we doing the cmds again? should we need to create separate? I been busy with the app and haven't had time to do mine at all.

Like this maybe?

7background_Cmds_French.rar - don't need Timeline.txt since its cured

7background_dlls_French.rar

rar or zip don't matter, zip you can do with Windows

Hello Max,

I've made an account now in Mediafire and I put the folder "7background_dlls_FR.zip", like you ask me.

http://www.mediafire...7095ac91101628c

For the 7Background.cmd I think it's the same process with french language. The user needs the dll's and the same commands.

Regards.rolleyes.gif

Edited by myselfidem