Se7en_UA - RunOnceEx Tester still working with Win 11 2022

I'm running on win7 x64 ultimate

Trying to setup the same with Se7en_ua 8.1.2

Had to install windows 8 deployment tool kit to

get past services disabler.

Now when I click on add applications I get a message to

close appswitch.ini, after clicking ok I get a runtime error 5.

Jim Manning

i also get the runtime error 5

setting up windows 8 with se7en_ua

Edited by jbm

hmm board not messaging me when new post.

jbm

I'll put up 8.13. Let me know how it works. It is set to use adk and I'd start over at begining.

I went back and tried to make it work without adk for win 7 but not sure why it won't unless uninstalling adk leaves stuff around

'Se7en_UA.exe 8.1.3 September 19, 2013, 9:38:11 AM'   Requires starting over at dvd copy'   Must have at least adk 8.0 installed. adk 8.1 for Windows 8.1

I think this should fix. I didn't have a problem except when installing on a 32 bit machine.
Delete these from Se7en_UA_STEPS and it will create again
DandIRoot=
NewPath=
ImagexTool=

'Se7en_UA.exe 8.1.4 September 21, 2013, 7:43:25 PM'   Fix PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE problem found by jbm'   Fix BuildBranch for winblue_rtm'   import-DefaultAppAssociations Win 8.1 for Default jpg, png, bmp = Windows Photo viewer
Edited by maxXPsoft

I think this should fix. I didn't have a problem except when installing on a 32 bit machine.

Delete these from Se7en_UA_STEPS and it will create again

DandIRoot=

NewPath=

ImagexTool=

'Se7en_UA.exe 8.1.4 September 21, 2013, 5:53:30 AM'   Fix PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE problem found by jbm'   Fix BuildBranch for winblue_rtm'   import-DefaultAppAssociations Win 8.1 for Default jpg, png, bmp = Windows Photo viewer

That didn't fix it, it still crashes with the same error. Running 8.1.4 and also manually removing those 3 things from Appswitch.ini. When I manually remove them and re-run Se7en_UA, it automatically re-inserts those 3 fields back into Appswitch.ini

'Se7en_UA.exe 8.1.4 September 21, 2013, 7:43:25 PM

I don't know what hapened I made the changes but it didn't take. Perhaps in a hurry this morning.

Try this version again

Make sure the 4 files that start with a z like zDrivers.txt, zProvisionedAppxPackages.txt are not empty. If they are then start over at dvd copy or just delete them 4 so it will remake.

Edited by maxXPsoft

Still getting the same error. Did a completely clean install and everything, deleting any leftover files in c:\se7en_ua\ . The three fields again got re-inserted into Appswitch.ini

Edit: and all the files starting with 'z' have data in them, none of them are empty.

Edit2: this was with the newly downloaded se7en_ua 8.1.4

Edited by johnnynoone

'Se7en_UA.exe 8.1.4 September 21, 2013, 9:58:22 PM

This fixed it. It was the image for APP installer if you had never loaded 8 then it was empty. Can't copy an empty file. I run it over and over again and never delete them things since it saves path for me making it easier.

Get the new version.

'Se7en_UA.exe 8.1.4 September 21, 2013, 9:58:22 PM

This fixed it. It was the image for APP installer if you had never loaded 8 then it was empty. Can't copy an empty file. I run it over and over again and never delete them things since it saves path for me making it easier.

Get the new version.

Thanks for the fix. Trying it now.

Edit: This fix did it. I still get a warning about closing appswitch.ini, but it doesn't crash afterwards; it continues with the apps window. Note: I haven't gone completely through the rest of the application because this is my first time using it, so I don't know if there are any more bugs down the road, but now I am getting to the applications window.

Thanks for this great app maxXPsoft!

Edited by johnnynoone