purpose of sysprep

I never used the built in administrator account. Is the only point of using sysprep with the built in admin account to load the entire system with a default image then sysprep using /oobe /reboot/ quiet so that the admin account is disabled again and someone can enter their own user account with that default image?

Excuse me for being naive but I never used sysprep before.

You can do all that with any admin account, don't have to be the administrator.

I've done hundreds with Vista and seven.

I disable uac untill i get done in Audit and then it can be turned back on, mainly to stop the popups nagging ya.

Edited by maxXPsoft

The purpose of Sysprep is to prepare the computer for the end-user. It is an OEM tool. See when OEM installs Windows onto a computer the first time, it boots up into Audit mode. They make whatever changes and then use Sysprep. This is so when the computer is bought or delivered to the customer, they can set up their username, time zone, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
The purpose of Sysprep is to prepare the computer for the end-user. It is an OEM tool. See when OEM installs Windows onto a computer the first time, it boots up into Audit mode. They make whatever changes and then use Sysprep. This is so when the computer is bought or delivered to the customer, they can set up their username, time zone, etc.

How do you set in an unattend xml file to not ask to create a username but at the same time let you create a computer name? I've been trying to do this in Win 7 and thought I'd look at the Vista section to see if it has already been answered.