nlite install gone wrong

amitureuser

i had setup nlite to install oem xp sp1 with added sp3 and the intel driver pack for sata drivers. went fine til i got to the device driver install and the blue screen with theses codes-0x0000000a (0x000000010, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8051aa58). can anybody help? thought this would fly as it had for the ide install on another system-that is i didn't add anything and no drivers needed to that system. thanks

joel

amitureuser, is this all the information in the error message? If not please post it all. Where did the Intel driver pack come from? We also need more data, so, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

OK, attached is my last session, i'm not sure what other info you need, this is a dell desktop that i replaced the MB and cleaned the hdd for clean install, used inlite and followed prompts through to burn image to cd-did that- and then installed to pc through usb cd-rom drive. completed install up to the install devices -at 34 mins in to the install- then the blue screen, telling me that windows has stopped install. thank you for your time..and YES i will post the fix when we get there

Joel

Last_Session.ini

Edited by amitureuser

Target = Windows XP Home Edition SP1 - 5.1.2600.1106 - English (United States)

You did not integrate the SP3.

Back to problem:

Try to remove the old Windows-drivers from XPCD with nLite.

Check all BIOS-Settigs, especially RAM and CPU. No overclocking.

Remove any unneeded Hardware.

Target = Windows XP Home Edition SP1 - 5.1.2600.1106 - English (United States)

[You did not integrate the SP3.] i guess your right, not sure how to slipstream, tried to download sp3 and extract to folder then add to nlite.

Back to problem:

[Try to remove the old Windows-drivers from XPCD with nLite.] tried again with just the basic sp1 oem xpcd and add drivers and inf files only, still came to the same blue screen

[Check all BIOS-Settigs, especially RAM and CPU. No overclocking.] reset cmos and set sata to ide.

[Remove any unneeded Hardware].only have hdd, usb cd rom, memory (tested good),replaced cpu with new also.all still have the same problem... remember i replaced the motherboard and wiped hdd clean for a clean install, and here i am :blushing:

thank you , joel

Have you installed a vanilla XP to this system (in its current configuration) ever?

*so we can eliminate the new hardware configuration as the issue

edit: fixed my p***-poor grammar

Edited by iamtheky

amitureuser, I suspect your problem lies in your text mode drivers. You have included many drivers - most not the correct ones. The problem with text mode drivers is that the last one to get there is the one that gets used not the correct one necessarily as in normal mode drivers. You must determine which of these drivers your hardware really needs, then include only those. Please let us know what you learn. Enjoy, John.

I'm still at it! OK, what i have done is searched (a real mighty one) and found a download of sp2 (from here-http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/Slipstreaming_Windows_XP_Service_Pack_3.html) extracted it and slip streamed it to my xp source, using nlite of course. my thinking is that the drivers should be there-in sp2- if they're needed. anyway, now the dvd(to large for cd) will not boot-says boot failure Press any key to continue , if i try it as a usb fdd hdd it starts at the prompt screen for choices 1,2,3,4. this is using the multi boot program i downloaded from boot-land.com (http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=4900). when i enter 1-begin text mode setup windows yadyaya .. then this comes up-Remove disks or other media Press any key to restart, which becomes a repeating cycle. i have attatched my last session, please review and show this novice something to make him feel more useful then a plug and play :thumbup

if the links are inappropriate, i am sorry to have done so as i want to give as much info as needed.

Joel

P.S. i forgot, in the 1st web site posted above, it states that i cannot use a xp disc with sp1 to slip stream sp2 or sp3 , could that be the cause of above failure?

my proof reading must get better :whistle:

Last_Session.ini

Last_Session.ini

Edited by amitureuser

amitureuser, what you have is a mess! Don't use some SP3 you found on some site. Use ONLY the SP that the Windows DL site offers. Windows setup disks and SPs never contain text mode drivers for SATA. If your HDD(s) is/are attached via SATA, you need the correct text mode drivers. So, start over with a fresh copy of your original CD files/folders, add the MS SP3 and the proper text mode driver(s) for your MB/SATA controller. You can add SP3 to your original CD if it is a valid and legal MS CD no matter what SP it may contain (except for SP3). BTW, what is the source of your CD? If you need help identifying your needed text mode driver(s), please provide us with relevant information, such as links to where you got your drivers. Enjoy, John.

John, thank you very much for your time, this is very helpful, i can start over with your guidance, what i can do is recopy the cd to my pc (the one I'm on right now) and then download the drivers (if you tell me how to get them off my disc and how do i determine which one, as it doesn't show one for the sata version i have-south chipset-ICH10DO. i am offered inetl ®ICH7R/DH, ICH7MDH, ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R, ICH8M-E/ICH9M-E and theses are not the ICH10DO, so i don't know which to use, however, i'd like to know this also, if i'm not using a raid array, do i need theses controllers? I'm only using one hdd (a samsung 320gig). where will i be able to download the sp3 from and be able to load it? as every attempt has been wrong so far, if i try from windows catalog i am redirected to the windows update page, which just gets me to search for updates on my pc, and not offered a download/save option, the XP disc is an oem version 2002 w/sp1a. if anything else you need to know please tell me..

Joel

amitureuser, you will need text mode drivers if your HDD is attached via SATA, even if your are not running a RAID. I still don't have enough information to help finding drivers. What is your MB, chipset, computer vendors and models? Did you build or buy this machine? Enjoy, John.

MB is a foxconn, q45, replacement for a dell inspiron 530 desktop-or a DG33M03 board, cpu e1500 (it is new), chipset north-q45, south-ICH10DO, on board vga and audio, 2 gig memory(2 1 gig sticks). i really am building this from the atx tower and salvaging the power-i have tried and different power supply, the dvd drive-have tried a different of them too, keep the memory also and the hdd, the hdd and memory have been thoroughly tested with the tests on a ubcd disc. thanks again. now i got the sp3 download going.

Joel

amitureuser, I found these drivers but am not sure they are the correct ones. You might give them a try. Mainly check the sticky thread above about Intel drivers. Fernando 1 is the driver expert around here and he is your best source of information on them. Enjoy, John.