How to repair Windows XP MCE?

I was wondering if there was a way to repair Windows XP MCE without losing files that I want? Like I don't want to lose all the items in My Documents, My Music, etc.

I heard that there was an option like this for Windows XP PRO, but I haven't seen or found anything that would repair a current Windows XP MCE installation.

I need to repair it because something is causing the machine to malfunction, especially when downloading and installing updates to any .net or office program. I have been putting up with it for awhile, but now I just want the machine to handle hassle free, especially when updating items.

Any help is definitely appreciated. :thumbup

I am pretty positive that the repair method is exactly the same for XP Pro and MCE.

All you do is use a windows XP MCE install disk that does not have a winnt.sif file.

Boot the the MCE disk as if you are going to install windows. The first repair option is for the Recovery console. Do not select it. Select the next Repair option that comes later. Now it will do a repair install. It looks just like a regular install of windows but all of your files, settings and programs aare sved.

But this does not allways work well. Sometimes it will mess up some of your programs and force you to reinstall them. It's baasically a last resort before Formatting and reinstalling the computer.

Good luck.

Hopefully all goes well.