Help with a Scenario for my Netbook and Multiboot.

Svend Rugaard

Help help with a Scenario for my Netbook and Multiboot.

1. First i want to say, i have use this site in a long time, and was actually this site, there make me begin with unattended Windows XP in the Very Early days of my life. :D ...Nahh maybe not. but at least like 4-5 years as i recall. - And i know not everything about the MBR etc but i know much enough to think a multiboot with a linux core system would not work as i want to . More because i actually have never use Linux distribution , more than on my PS3 where i have Yellow Dog, but this isnt something advance to install.

2. Im say from start i could maybe not write prober english , so if there is something people dont quite understand the meaning with, i will try to get the correct way to write it. All non english native spoken persons know what i mean

Here it goes :

I have a Acer Netbook with Pre-Install Windows XP Home Edition, and normally i would just wipe it of the harddrive, including delete the recovery partition. But as most know the netbooks is almost allways without DVD/CD drive .. And yes it has USB and have install Windows 7 from it, and Windows Vista also, but this isnt the problem, as i state in the start i know how this work with MBR and Bootsectors. And Usually Windows 7 has this good feature that it actually dont touch the 1 sector on harddrive even i partition the drive with win 7 and install it via Bootdevice. -

Normally what i recall this only happen if you start the installer from inside Windows XP example. The even it isnt a upgrade is still not toch the bootsector.

But as some migt have notice moblin is made "especially" to atom cores, and i have tried it from USB bootdeviceand i actually like it muchs, especially when i just want to use the internet and nothing more, there is even Windows XP to much power Consuming. And i would like it to be part of my bootoption but i dont know eactly what i have to do to make a grubloader actually start the program, if i dont let the moblin install the bootsector that it ask me if i should do when i install it.

My Laptops Scenarios is this.

1. Primary (NON ACTIVE) windows XP repair / reinstall partition made by ACER

2. Primary (Active) Windows XP

3. Logical Partition (This way it dont touch my bootsector when deploy via Win2008 or manual install via USB)

4. EXT2/EXT3 i dont exactly know but it wold only go for ext3 when i wanted to install

5. Swap for Mobilon or maybe its the other way around .. Swap first EXT3 second , thats not important.

Issue 4 and 5 is the way i want it setup, i have 1-3 as ishould be, but i tryied the easyBCD even the Beta latest 2.xx and actually it doenst make a diffrence because it just load the Grub Loader, but i am afraid if i make the Grub Dos availible it just do the thing i dont want to , but put it self in the first sector of the harddrive, then its to trouble to make a "Alt+F10" to make the rescure/reinstall partition normal again.

So if i want to chose from Windows Boot Manager to load lets first say Grub Loader because i believe no matter what it should be install, so i can make a chain loader for the Moblin OS from there .. What would the command be from chainloader to load the 4 Partition according to my scenario ?

Hope people can help me , or understand what i have written.

Thanks in advance.