Mr Jinje DISM Tool™

Mr. Jinje:

The whole problem I have been having is how to stuff these modified folders back into a .wim image file. I don't remember where I read this, but on my way here, I seem to recall reading that having/using Dism meant that you did not have to install the Waik. From my experience so far, I haven't found any alternative yet to downloading and installing the Waik.

Since I have been working on this since LAST Saturday, I guess waiting a couple more days won't matter. :wacko:

I do appreciate the DISM Tool™, so thanks for that. :D

Mr. Jinje:

The whole problem I have been having is how to stuff these modified folders back into a .wim image file.

Your kidding me right ? The way to "stuff" the modified files back into the Install.wim is by hitting the Commit button. Which I am pretty sure you mention doing in your very first post. My bad for not knowing what you were talking about, but at first glance I thought you were already done.

I added drivers and updates (packages).

I committed the changes.

So my guess is they are already stuffed. Did you try re-building your ISO with the modified Install.wim, that is the next step.

Edited by MrJinje

Mr. Jinje:

The whole problem I have been having is how to stuff these modified folders back into a .wim image file. I don't remember where I read this, but on my way here, I seem to recall reading that having/using Dism meant that you did not have to install the Waik. From my experience so far, I haven't found any alternative yet to downloading and installing the Waik.

Since I have been working on this since LAST Saturday, I guess waiting a couple more days won't matter. :wacko:

I do appreciate the DISM Tool™, so thanks for that. :D

If your wanting to install drivers, updates, and software addons, and also create your finsished .iso give this a try...

http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?/topic/7504-windows-7-toolkit-06015/

And you can check out here for all the software addons I (*Reaper*) and others have made for this program.

http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?/forum/180-w7-toolkit-addons/

• 3 weeks later...

followed, and injected 35 updates and also 19 drivers all reported at 100% suc, then committed and un-mounted copy install.wim backto dvd over write old file, and re-installed under virtual pc, not one of the updates installed nor can i see any drivers. so what has gone wrong i wonder - maybe an issue with commit??>

:wacko:

followed, and injected 35 updates and also 19 drivers all reported at 100% suc, then committed and un-mounted copy install.wim backto dvd over write old file, and re-installed under virtual pc, not one of the updates installed nor can i see any drivers. so what has gone wrong i wonder - maybe an issue with commit??>

Which image did you mount ? My guess is you mounted image #1, but actually meant to mount image #4 or #5 (ultimate x64,x86 respectively).

x86 default to this.

starter =1

home basic =2

home premium =3

pro=4

ultimae=5

x64 is different. (because it has no starter image)

home basic =1

home premium =2

pro=3

ultimae=4

To verify this, try installing either starter/homebasic into your VM and see whether or not the drivers/updates worked on that image. If yes, then just repeat the process on the proper image (for ultimate it is either #4 or #5) and you will be good to go.

Which image did you mount ? My guess is you mounted image #1, but actually meant to mount image #4 or #5 (ultimate x64,x86 respectively).

x86 default to this.

starter =1

home basic =2

home premium =3

pro=4

ultimae=5

x64 is different. (because it has no starter image)

home basic =1

home premium =2

pro=3

ultimae=4

To verify this, try installing either starter/homebasic into your VM and see whether or not the drivers/updates worked on that image. If yes, then just repeat the process on the proper image (for ultimate it is either #4 or #5) and you will be good to go.

I see i selected 1 so not seen in installed version which is 5 - so sorry :wub::wub::whistle: , maybe put this info on post 1?

Edited by ner

Update

Selected the correct index number = 5 ran to incluide 35 updates and 19 drivers and works. :thumbup

However I am going to use the prefered method of placing the drivers within OEm and call them through the xlm file, as it easier to update and manage the drivers going forward. But a really good tool, just some feedback for you by pressing the "More Info" button you get an empty folder called "DISM" on your desktop not sure what this is all about.

But never the less a good tool! :yes:

• 1 month later...

Update

Selected the correct index number = 5 ran to incluide 35 updates and 19 drivers and works. :thumbup

However I am going to use the prefered method of placing the drivers within OEm and call them through the xlm file, as it easier to update and manage the drivers going forward. But a really good tool, just some feedback for you by pressing the "More Info" button you get an empty folder called "DISM" on your desktop not sure what this is all about.

But never the less a good tool! :yes:

now, it would be great to have this tool updated, so that you can insert drivers and updates into all 4 images..... please? :whistle:

now, it would be great to have this tool updated, so that you can insert drivers and updates into all 4 images..... please? :whistle:

That can be done with a simple batch script. Here is the link.

Just perfect - Thank you so much :thumbup

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Mr Jinje

Thanks again for this great tool.

Using it atm to integrate approx 50 updates into W7 64 bit image no4. Approx how long may it take to commit the image following adding the packages?

Depends on your computer Mostly CPU and HDD :).

@Mr Jinje

Thanks again for this great tool.

Using it atm to integrate approx 50 updates into W7 64 bit image no4. Approx how long may it take to commit the image following adding the packages?

Depends on your computer Mostly CPU and HDD :).

Took around 12-13mins to commit the image. My box is an I7 860 @ 2.8Ghz, 1TB HD.

Was just curious & know Dism is slower than imagex was.