Mr Jinje DISM Tool™

You are using the Key from the Product Stocker (COA), not the generic SLP Key from OEM.

This is a clean install of windows 7 homepremium x64 retail, with product key on the laptop cover, phone activation. No chance to get the activation file and put them on dvd? :(

this will back it up and yes you can inject them

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/11130-Paymyrent-Token-restore-for-mak-keys-and-retail?highlight=tolkens+restore

Yep, use Token Restore in your situation. That will preserve your sticker based activation.

If that is not good enough, the only alternative might be to restore the bloatware factory install that came on the machine when you bought it. But since you already did clean install + activated with your sticker key, it will be much quicker to just use Token Restore instead.

OK, everything was going along swimmingly.

I mounted the source that was on a bootable flash drive.

I added drivers and updates (packages).

I committed the changes.

I went to the mount folder, expecting to see the modified installation files/folders, and instead saw what appeared to be an installation of Windows [folders: Perflogs, Program Files, Windows]

What do I do with THAT?

Let me get this straight, you were expecting to see an installation of Windows, but what you in fact saw was an installation of Windows. LOL, "These aren't the droids files I'm looking for". Quit playing jedi mind tricks on yourself. :crazy: and FYI, those are the files your looking for.

What you can do with them is Copy/Paste any files you want into the system. Any changes you make in the mount will be a part of the next install. (after you commit changes) Maybe you want to delete useless shortcuts from the start menu, or copy a portable application into the Program Files folder, I dont know, get creative.

Sorry to be dense, but what I was expecting (apparently unjustifiably) was to see in the Mount folder something very similar to the source [folders: boot, efi, sources, support] with which I could use to make a new install disk.

I originally found links to this thread after finding out that Vlite doesn't work for Windows 7. I thought Dism would be an alternative to Vlite.

[ What you can do with them is Copy/Paste any files you want into the system. Any changes you make in the mount will be a part of the next install. (after you commit changes) ]

In the context of what I was expecting/trying to do, I have no idea what this means.

I guess I was expecting a vlite apple and got a C: drive orange.

C: drive oranges, now your catching on, when you mount your WIM the files inside the mount folder are actually your C: drive. Any changes you make will show up in your installation as the new C: drive. That's the secret, Install.wim is the C: drive.

Not sure told you it looks like the DVD sources folders, but it doesn't.

Apples, Oranges, I'd rather pluck a Peach :w00t: any day of the week.

Hey thank you for helping I'm now able to integrate some drivers of my notebook (nvidia, audio, wifi) using DISM. Look at my guide (it's in Italian, but its quite clear) here. I'm still looking for an help on Intel Chipset Installation Utility and LManager (keyboard/fn buttons for acer and some packard bell notebook). Also still looking for a simple way of backup and restore activation!

Mr.Jinje the man!:)

How bout some kind of update for your tool?

Some kind of remake of GUI and add other "tools" using dism?

Not sure what that could be tho but i guess having a small app instead of using WAIK is a good thing.

I guess I am at square one. How to make a new install disc with the updates and drivers. I thought I could use Dism.

All this can do is edit your install.wim and boot.wim files. This cannot make you a new install disk, after you integrate your drivers/updates using DISM, then use PowerISO or OSCDIMG.exe from the WAIK to create a new ISO.

I'm still looking for an help on Intel Chipset Installation Utility and LManager (keyboard/fn buttons for acer and some packard bell notebook).

Easy way is to install them into a live OS, then use something like Driver Magician Lite to export them. Here is the link for the portable version.

http://www.drivermagician.com/PortableDML.zip

If the LManager is an application and not a driver it may not work, but you will definitely be able to export your chipset drivers from a live OS

Edited by MrJinje

All this can do is edit your install.wim and boot.wim files. This cannot make you a new install disk, after you integrate your drivers/updates using DISM, then use PowerISO or OSCDIMG.exe from the WAIK to create a new ISO.

I guess there is no way around downloading the WAIK. Although PowerISO will let you open a .wim and extract the contents, there is no option to save in .wim format.

Let it be known that DISM Tool™ is not for people looking for something that can replace vLite. There are plenty of other stickies with user friendly GUI's attempting to clone vLite's interface/capabilities. If you wait until Saturday, Bensam56 is releasing the next version of 7Lite, it is more of a vLite replacement than DISM Tool™

and FYI. Use PowerISO to make your ISO, not edit your WIM. What you do is open your .ISO file with PowerISO, then you dragon-drop your modified WIM (the one you mentioned in your first post) into your ISO and save as a new ISO file.

isof.png