Mr Jinje DISM Tool™

replace the # in "/index:<#>" with the index # of the instance inside the WIM you actually packaged

In the past these were usually a case of mistaken image identity, one reader accidentally integrated his updates into image #1 not knowing that image #5 (#4 on x64) was actually the Ultimate he was looking for.

Ok what did i miss, cause I don't see any mention of which image Index is which, other then here that says 4 is Ultimate .
Didn't miss anything, I mistakenly assumed everyone was familiar with the WIM image format and never posted the list.

Here you go - These are the default images inside an untouched ISO - obviously vLite users who remove all images can disregard. they only have 1 image in their iso's

x86

1 - Starter

2 - Home Basic

3 - Home Premium

4 - Professional

5 - Ultimate

x64

1 - Home Basic

2 - Home Premium

3 - Professional

4 - Ultimate

Hope that helps.

replace the # in "/index:<#>" with the index # of the instance inside the WIM you actually packaged

In the past these were usually a case of mistaken image identity, one reader accidentally integrated his updates into image #1 not knowing that image #5 (#4 on x64) was actually the Ultimate he was looking for.

Ok what did i miss, cause I don't see any mention of which image Index is which, other then here that says 4 is Ultimate .
Didn't miss anything, I mistakenly assumed everyone was familiar with the WIM image format and never posted the list.

Here you go - These are the default images inside an untouched ISO - obviously vLite users who remove all images can disregard. they only have 1 image in their iso's

x86

1 - Starter

2 - Home Basic

3 - Home Premium

4 - Professional

5 - Ultimate

x64

1 - Home Basic

2 - Home Premium

3 - Professional

4 - Ultimate

Hope that helps.

I see,I didn't realise you had to do that I thought all the hotfixes etc where applied to all version.Do you just select which version with the drop down box,1-7.In my case x64 ultimate will be number 4

• 1 month later...

This doesn't use the force command (run it separately if you need) but it seems to integrate them, because I get a pop up during installation asking permission to install an unsigned driver.

Any chance you can add this force command functionality in future revisions? Its pain to sort out which drivers need to be redone when you got like 200+ drivers.

I would try something like this first.

Dism /Image:D:\Mount /Add-Driver /Driver:D:\Drivers /Recurse /ForceUnsigned

report back if that allows you to force all 200 of your drivers in a single command.

• 2 weeks later...

a (really really) stupid question: integrate cert/insert key is used to get windows 7 already activated on install? I'm trying to achieve this on my notebook but i don't know here to find the cert file...

Thanks

a (really really) stupid question: integrate cert/insert key is used to get windows 7 already activated on install? I'm trying to achieve this on my notebook but i don't know here to find the cert file...

Thanks

That only works for OEM computers that came with Windows 7 originally.

See this article

If you have an Windows 7 OEM computer you might be able to find the proper certificate in your "C:\Windows\System32\OEM" folder. As for the OEM key, do not use the one on your sticker. That will not work because that key is retail COA not OEM:SLP. Run a product key checking tool on the machine to determine what Product Key your machine is really using, then use that key.

Otherwise, if you do not have a Windows 7 OEM machine, forget it, that method will not work for you (but driver integration still should).

open admin cmd prompt and type slmgr -dli

if OEM then then under description it will say OEM_SLP channel

or type this for more slmgr -dli | slmgr -xpr | slmgr -dlv

This is what i get:

licensev.th.png

So what should i do if it's OEM?

You are using the Key from the Product Stocker (COA), not the generic SLP Key from OEM.

This is a clean install of windows 7 homepremium x64 retail, with product key on the laptop cover, phone activation. No chance to get the activation file and put them on dvd? :(