Mr Jinje DISM Tool™

Hello

it work just fine to move the install.wim to the root.

today i just need to try to make a new one because i make few errors on the image. but now i get this error

first i open DISMtool and the set the folder for WIM and MOUNT folder and then i click Mount and that works fine then i click ADD Packages

then i get this new error

PS C:\> DISM.exe /image:F:\work\mounting /Add-Package /PackagePath:F:\work\updat

es

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Error: 0x801f0005

An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image

located at F:\work\mounting.

For more information, review the log file.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

PS C:\>

# for hex 0x801f0005 / decimal -2145452027
ERROR_FLT_INVALID_NAME_REQUEST winerror.h
# An invalid name request was made. The name requested cannot
# be retrieved at this time.
# as an HRESULT: Severity: FAILURE (1), FACILITY_USERMODE_FILTER_MANAGER (0x1f),
Code 0x5
# for hex 0x5 / decimal 5
ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED winerror.h
# Access is denied.

So either you don't have access to that directory (or whomever the app is impersonating doesn't have access), or there's something wrong with the request being made. Perhaps procmon.exe running while the app fails would tell you more as to what actually failed.

Hello...

i have another question.

i have now add packages in the dismtool. and i have too install Danish packages..

but how do i make to it install danish instead of english.

Thank you so much for all the help and for this great tool

Hello

it work just fine to move the install.wim to the root.

today i just need to try to make a new one because i make few errors on the image. but now i get this error

first i open DISMtool and the set the folder for WIM and MOUNT folder and then i click Mount and that works fine then i click ADD Packages

then i get this new error

PS C:\> DISM.exe /image:F:\work\mounting /Add-Package /PackagePath:F:\work\updat

es

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Error: 0x801f0005

An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image

located at F:\work\mounting.

For more information, review the log file.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

PS C:\>

did you dismount and cleanup-wim from earlier on

Can U make it works with xp

I can not use it in XP after put dism file 2 C:\Windows\Sys32

I just do like you show me MrJinje

Should I need to run Winbuilder script

Thanks

Re-read, SLOWLY this time, posts #12,#13 and #14:

http://www.msfn.org/board/je-jins-dism-too...04-page-11.html

Summed up:

• Je Jin is NOT going to support this thing under XP.
  • There is (hopefully) a way to run DISM under XP.
  • You DO NOT use Winbuilder for it.
  • You may EXTRACT from the Winbuilder .script the commands needed to register the .dlls and add the Registry entries
  • YOU will need to do the experimenting.

Examples:

This line:

ShellExecute,Hide,regsvr32,"/s #$q%WindowsDir%\System32\Dism\CbsProvider.dll#$q"

"translates" to:

http://winbuilder.net/help/scripts/script_..._ShellExecuteEx

regsvr32.exe /s %Windir%\System32\Dism\CbsProvider.dll

This line:

RegWrite,HKLM,0x4,System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_WIMMOUNT,NextInstance,1

means:

http://winbuilder.net/help/scripts/script_...x.html#RegWrite

Add a new key in the Registry, in Hkey_Local_Machine, under \System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\, call it LEGACY_WIMMOUNT, add to it a new value of type 0x04 (Dword) name it Nextinstance and set it's value to 1.

You may also want to strudy the sintax of the Reg.exe app that comes with XP.

I don't want to seem unfriendly :), but you are asking for something "advanced" and that will take lots of time to do, you are expected to have "advanced" knowledge (or learn a bit) and do yourself the steps needed to achieve the "advanced" result you are looking for.

jaclaz

i used this tool to integrate some updates but i have a tiny question :P thoes this tool integrate the updates to all the versions on the image?
Actually it can, but you have to mount each version separately and run Add-Packages against it. Since x86 has 5 versions, you will have to repeat the process 5 times.

mmm.. Tastes Like Chicken

Edited by MrJinje

I was able to modiy the WIM file with no errors, but, none of the hotfixes or drivers installed upon performing a fresh install; the xml answer file is good. Refer to the attachment for the logs. I must be missing a step; any ideas-Windows 7 Ultimate (x64). Thanks.

I was able to modiy the WIM file with no errors, but, none of the hotfixes or drivers installed upon performing a fresh install; the xml answer file is good. Refer to the attachment for the logs. I must be missing a step; any ideas-Windows 7 Ultimate (x64). Thanks.
According to you 7z, you integrated around 60+ Drivers and 9 Updates into your image.

Can you run a Windows Update Scan and confirm that these 9 updates are still showing up as not installed. They will not show up in your list of installed updates, because they were never installed, they were integrated. Is that the source of the confusion ?

As for the drivers, they should already be integrated, run a search of C:\Windows\inf\ for oem1.inf and tell me if you find the file. That is where it should appear if integrated properly, you should find you other 60 drivers in there too. (oem0.inf - oem61.inf are you drivers) Whether or not the drivers actually work with Windows 7 is a whole nother story.

Edited by MrJinje

According to you 7z, you integrated around 60+ Drivers and 9 Updates into your image.

Can you run a Windows Update Scan and confirm that these 9 updates are still showing up as not installed. They will not show up in your list of installed updates, because they were never installed, they were integrated. Is that the source of the confusion ?

Maybe; my understanding is a fresh install after successfully modifying the wim with DISM should install the compatable drivers and any updates included in the modification-n'est pa'?

As for the drivers, they should already be integrated, run a search of C:\Windows\inf\ for oem1.inf and tell me if you find the file. That is where it should appear if integrated properly, you should find you other 60 drivers in there too. (oem0.inf - oem61.inf are you drivers) Whether or not the drivers actually work with Windows 7 is a whole nother story.

Windows Update shows all of the updates required and not installed; device manager showed no drivers installed-they are all Windows 7 64-bit published for the respective chipsets (ie: x38, Sansung 275T, onboard Yukon LAN controller etc.). However, that said, I think I may have discovered the error on my part; I mounted wim index 1 when Ultra is index 4, boy do I feel stupid :blushing: So, I think I modified the wrong image. I've just completed running your excellent tool, this time specifying wim index 4. I'm going to backup my current install and complete a fresh install using this one and will post back in a few hours. See attached for this DISM log set-you'll notice the "features" set is populated with more than the index 1 uploaded previously.

The wim was committed both times and demounted; all logs are recorded before committing the wim.

Edited by RickSteele

Windows Update shows all of the updates required and not installed; device manager showed no drivers installed-they are all Windows 7 64-bit published for the respective chipsets (ie: x38, Sansung 275T, onboard Yukon LAN controller etc.). However, that said, I think I may have discovered the error on my part; I mounted wim index 1 when Ultra is index 4, boy do I feel stupid :blushing: So, I think I modified the wrong image. I've just completed running your excellent tool, this time specifying wim index 4. I'm going to backup my current install and complete a fresh install using this one and will post back in a few hours. See attached for this DISM log set-you'll notice the "features" set is populated with more than the index 1 uploaded previously.

The wim was committed both times and demounted; all logs are recorded before committing the wim.

OK, you right, first Features.txt was definitely not Ultimate. Good Catch, future readers take note, be sure to set the correct Image Index #.

That's a Deal-Breaker Ladies

Let me know if it works this time.

Edited by MrJinje