Where is ftpsvc2.dll in source? It's been updated by MS09-053 / KB

So they released an updated ftpsvc2.dll according to MS09-053 and KB975254 ( Vulnerabilities in FTP Service for Internet Information Services Could Allow Remote Code Execution ).

Original file version: 5.1.2600.5512

New file version: 6.0.2600.5875

This file does not get installed unless you add Internet Information Services > File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Service via Add/Remove Windows Components.

I nevertheless want to update the source so that if the component is added at some later point is already has the security fix. I've done this before with KB953155.

The problem is I have looked for it in my i386 source and it's not there. If I install the FTP service the file does get installed to system32\inetsrv\ftpsvc2.dll. I've looked inside IIS6.CAB also (don't know why its named IIS6 since XP is IIS 5.1 but that's another story).

I did a test and slipstreamed it with nLite and it placed a copy of the file in i386 but when I installed the FTP service it used the old version that I cant find.

So somehow this file is being created on the fly or I am missing something, Anyone knows what's going on/any ideas/where is this file!?

PS. This is not an XP specific update if you'd care to dig around. It covers 2K, XP, XP x64, 2K3.

nm, I figured it out. In iis.inf you have ftpsvc2.dll,ftpsv251.dll so the filename in the source is ftpsv251.dll. When it get installed it's renamed to ftpsvc2.dll.

Why oh why does MS do this crap?