MDT2010 - Customizing LiteTouchPE_x86 Setup

Hi All,

I was wondering whether anyone has figured out how to customize the LiteTouchPE_x86, removing the need to select regional settings or even the MDT share credentials?

I would really like to be able to but can't figure out how, I'm pretty certain that the setup runs from the scripts folder on the share, but can't make much sense of it.

In the \Control folder in the deployment share you will find 2 .ini files, CustomSettings.ini and Bootstrap.ini. Edit CustomSettings.ini as follows to automate MOST of the MDT settings:

[Settings]
Priority=Default
Properties=MyCustomProperty

[Default]
OSInstall=Y
DeployRoot=\\SERVER\DeploymentShare$
DeploymentType=NEWCOMPUTER

Home_Page=http://www.live.com
UserID=user
UserDomain=DOMAIN
UserPassword=userpassword
AdminPassword=newcomputeradminpassword
OrgName="Organization"
FullName=USER
TimeZone=035
TimeZoneName=Eastern Standard Time
UserLocale=en-us
UILanguage=en-us
_SMSTSORGNAME=Organization

BDEInstallSuppress=YES
SkipAdminPassword=YES
SkipApplications=YES
SkipDomainMembership=YES
SkipUserData=YES
UserDataLocation=NONE
SkipAppsOnUpgrade=YES
SkipCapture=YES
SkipProductKey=YES
SkipLocaleSelection=YES
SkipTimeZone=YES

If you want to know more about this file, read the MDT help documentation. All of the Property Definitions are defined there.

In the \Control folder in the deployment share you will find 2 .ini files, CustomSettings.ini and Bootstrap.ini. Edit CustomSettings.ini as follows to automate MOST of the MDT settings:

[settings]

Priority=Default

Properties=MyCustomProperty

[Default]

Regarding to this, is it possible to configure all these setting in waik or something that generate xml file instead of use .ini file ?

Regarding to this, is it possible to configure all these setting in waik or something that generate xml file instead of use .ini file ?
No, these aren't WAIK-specific settings, they're read by MDT when creating the litetouch media. You must configure the .ini manually.

No, these aren't WAIK-specific settings, they're read by MDT when creating the litetouch media. You must configure the .ini manually.

Thank, except the MDT documentation do you know where i can find a good documentation or blog about these 2 files (CustomSettings.ini and Bootstrap.ini.) ?

Edited by hannubys