Can you create a left handed mouse pointer from a right handed one?

E-66

I don't know jack about graphics, so laugh it up at my expense if you want to. :P

I'm right handed. When I go to sports websites and do a mouse-over to get additional information about games the little box that pops up (like a tool-tip) gets covered up by my mouse pointer, so I'd like to know if there's a way to make a left-handed version of it. Thanks.

AFAIK mouse pointers don't change when you switch from right to left handed. If it does then it must be really minor (I use my younger daughter's left handed mouse all the time and never noticed anything).

It would be a lot easier to understand what you're getting at with a picture.

If I was unclear I'm sorry. I'm not talking about using the mouse left-handed, I'm talking about having a mirror image of my mouse pointer.

I have my taskbar at the top of the screen. If I go up and mouse-over my clock or any of the icons next to it a little box pops up directly underneath the mouse pointer with info about that item. That's a tool tip, right? On these websites I'm having issues with it's the same thing, except when the info box pops up it's half hidden under the mouse pointer.

A right-handed mouse pointer runs this way \ on your screen with the tip of the pointer being in the northeast.

A left-handed pointer would be the opposite, and I'm thinking I'll be able to see all of the info boxes when they pop up if I could get a left-handed version of my mouse pointer.

Edited by E-66

The Icon Workshop program didn't work, it told me I needed their Cursor Workshop program so I downloaded that.

I was able to flip the cursor image and change its orientation from \ to / , but it doesn't 'behave' like a left-handed cursor because Windows still thinks the tip of the pointer is in the upper left, so what I have is a left-handed mouse pointer that behaves like a right-handed one.

Edit: I looked through the help file and found the issue - I needed to change the position of the 'hot spot' for the cursor from the upper left to the upper right. It now behaves like a left-handed mouse pointer. I'll give it a try ASAP. Thanks -X- for the tip.

Edit 2: It worked perfectly, thanks.

Edited by E-66