Re-Slipstreaming

Blunda

Hello

When SP3 first came out I slipstreamed my XP cd so that it would install automaticaly. I would now like to add further programs to be installed so what I would like to know is as my Current cd is already slipstreamed will I need to add the service pack again when I add the further nlite addons to the cd? or can I just skip the sercice pack section?

Blunda, it is not clear to me what all you have done to your first source besides adding SP3. If you only added SP3, then you can run nLite against it and continue. If you have added/deleted other things you should start over with a fresh copy of your files, add SP3 and continue. Here is my standard inculcation: Please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

When SP3 first came out I slipstreamed my XP cd so that it would install automaticaly.

So you did more than just SP-Slipstreaming.

As Johnhc mentioned: Only slip SP3 into your original XPCD and use

the new created XPSP3CD as fresh source for further working.

I would now like to add further programs to be installed?

what do you want to add? throwing extra things into the runonce should be harmless. There are also other methods, but that all depends on what you are after.

Well, I don't think Blunda would like that much techy answeres - He've made a (Slipstream+Unattended Install) before when XPSP3 launched & Now he wants to add some (add-ons I guess) programs to it. (Blunda, Rephrase me if I'm wrong)

If above is allright - then 'NO' - you won't have to integrate SP3 again.

Proceed directly to AddOn Hotfix section.

***But, if you've removed components from Windows Setup & want to have some of 'em back then, tough lick dude - you have to re-initiate with the Primary NonSP3 Source & have to slipstream it.

Techy or not, the question is now more subtle.

"When SP3 first came out I slipstreamed my XP cd so that it would install automatically"... did you mean "so SP3 would be installed from the start" or do you mean "so my cd would install automatically (= unattended)".

If 2nd case, the question becomes

-does changing (if he did) a CD to unattended disqualify it as "clean source". I take it g-force is a rather experienced user.

If adding/removing/renaming users surely does, but apart from that I'm not sure.

Hello

When SP3 first came out I slipstreamed my XP cd so that it would install automaticaly. I would now like to add further programs to be installed so what I would like to know is as my Current cd is already slipstreamed will I need to add the service pack again when I add the further nlite addons to the cd? or can I just skip the sercice pack section?

Hi Blunda

Once a windows XP is slipstreamed, it is considered a fresh copy of windows

Make a copy of it and store it as WXP SP3 clean.

From this point on, when say if you use OnePiece or any other updatepack, all you need to do is copy the files to your work directory and add your addons from there.

Now if you want to freqently make windows or if want to save some time, I created a PDF file with instructions on how to shorten the time to make new versions of Windows ... Basically it shows which addons that can be added and which order to apply the sddons so there will less likely of a chance of a corrupt file or missing files during the insallation of Windows.

You'll have a copy of windows with a your addons that you normally would install, but you'll have copies of your work to go back to in cse something changes, like Netframework or a runtime update pack, you'll go back to that step and copy it's contents back to your working directory and apply all your updates from that point forward. You can then think of it as a clean install as you apply your latest updatepack to it. and then add your addons as you normally do. Apply your tweaks and other modifications in Nlite and make your image and use Vitualbox to test it out, no sense wasting a disc and it take about 1/2 of the time to install your new OS.

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads - VirtualBox.

Here is my instuctions to the PDF I made.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wjmnmyoznii

I posted this topic on RyanVM website as well ....

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7504

One correction though about adding SATA drivers though..... Follow the path of NLite do not install them first as an addon though.

use the SATA Driver pack found in this forum. , just add them in with your other drivers if any at that time.

Hopefully this will help you out and others, too.

Edited by hgary1