Silent Installs

Minibob

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum, so I apologize in advance if I am not that understanding of some things. I have a question that I need help on. I work IT for the Chemistry Department at The Ohio State University. I was given a project by my boss, and it deals with Windows Post-Installer. What he would like is for us to start WPI on any one of the computers that we install a new OS on, and have it just install everything, but he has asked me to make them silent installs. For the past couple hours I have been going to several different sites trying to find out how in the world I could do a silent install of Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.23. I know that there are a few topics on this already, as I have looked at them, but I just can't understand them. I am trying so hard, but it's not working. If anyone would be able to help me and possibly give me step-by-step instructions on exactly what to do, that would be soooooo greatly appreciated. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.

These are all of the programs that I need to put into WPI and try to have silently install:

7zip

Adobe Reader 9.1

CD Burner XP

Virtual Clone Drive

Destop Restore

DivX

Filezilla

Firefox

Flash Player

iTunes

Java

McAfee VirusScan and AntiSpyware

NotePad++

Office 2007

Paint.net

PDF Creator

RealPlayer

Respondus Lockdown Browser

Shockwave

SSH Secure Shell

Thunderbird

Unlocker 1.8.2

User Hive Profile Cleanup Service

XML NotePad

X-Win32

If anyone has any information that would help me with all this, I would definitely greatly appreciate it. Thanks a lot in advance!

Edit:

Nevermind, I just found out what to do. Thanks anyways.

Edited by Minibob

Hi and welcome aboard :)

Firstly, you should understand what silent installers are and how they can be created. there are plenty of topics here explaining the routine. If you would like to save time, i recommend you SFXMaker, a tool that i develop, which was designed for this type of operation : creating and customizing silent or switchless installers. To download SFXMaker, go to iSoft-Online.com.

If you encounter any problems don't hesitate to ask.

Iuli.

• 2 months later...
Hi and welcome aboard :)

Firstly, you should understand what silent installers are and how they can be created. there are plenty of topics here explaining the routine. If you would like to save time, i recommend you SFXMaker, a tool that i develop, which was designed for this type of operation : creating and customizing silent or switchless installers. To download SFXMaker, go to iSoft-Online.com.

If you encounter any problems don't hesitate to ask.

Iuli.

Hey brother I tried to make a silent installer of iconpackager v5 (trial version) with sfx maker, but not working on iconpackager. Can you please help me in this matter or can you make silent installer of iconpakcager v5 ofcourse trial version.

You can download the application from here: http://www.stardock.com/products/downloads/iconpackager.asp

Edited by nice_guy75

Not every installer supports silent switches. For this kind of installers you have to do deep research, for silent switches, if they have any, or to create scripts that will do the mouse clicks for you, silently. SFXMaker was never intended for this kind of stuff, it's a tool that will allow you to create switchless installers for the most common installers that support switches. Moreover, SFXMaker will allow you to create silent installers within directories, which i presume is what you have to do with your IconPackager software (software installer + AutoIT script etc ...)

Hey brother I tried to make a silent installer of iconpackager v5 (trial version) with sfx maker, but not working on iconpackager. Can you please help me in this matter or can you make silent installer of iconpakcager v5 ofcourse trial version.

You can download the application from here: http://www.stardock.com/products/downloads/iconpackager.asp

Try this:

IconPackager5_public.exe /s TARGETDIR="%programfiles%\Stardock\Object Desktop\IconPackager" ALLUSERS=True

Try this:

IconPackager5_public.exe /s TARGETDIR="%programfiles%\Stardock\Object Desktop\IconPackager" ALLUSERS=True

Do you want me to paste this command in silent switches part???????????????? I did but when I tried to install that exe I got this error.

post-269769-1262770635_thumb.jpg

You have an unnecessary quote after True.

If you use sfx maker paste

/s TARGETDIR="%programfiles%\Stardock\Object Desktop\IconPackager" ALLUSERS=True

Edited by radix