Slipstreaming HOTfixes question

Bethrezen

hi all

My brother asked my to make him an up-to-date copy of his windows disk because he needs to reinstall his computer and he doesn't want to spend ages downloading/installing stuff off the windows update afterwords

however last time I tried this I ran into a nasty problem that caused the iso to go into a reboot loop when I tried to install after some investigation I narrowed down the suspect list to just 1 hot fix that seemed to be causing the issue and it was suggested to me that I needed to slipstream the hot fixes in the correct order to prevent this issue from occurring

here is the post in question

http://www.msfn.org/board/nlite-iso-reboot...p;mode=threaded

my question however is how do you know what order you should slipstream the hot fixes in ? because nlite doesn't have a function to check the order for you ?

Edited by Bethrezen

I suppose the best way would be to put them in the order of release; as Microsoft releases updates that replace older hotfixes, see -X-'s list to see which one replaces which one. I read your last post, and to integrate IE7-WindowsXP-KB961260-x86-ENU.exe, you need to have IE7 on your system first. See HERE for an add-on. RyanVM's Forums even have a tool where you can make your add-on with the hotfixes included, so you don't have to integrate them twice.

Enjoy (and use Search, it answers A LOT of questions)

my question however is how do you know what order you should slipstream the hot fixes in ? because nlite doesn't have a function to check the order for you ?

Search Microsoft Knowledge Base [KB] for "QChain.EXE" : and add this file to LAST line of your nLite HotFix list.

This file analyzes & updates the files so that only the latest files get installed and you can save worrying about the correct order.

--- Hope it helps.

• 3 weeks later...
Search Microsoft Knowledge Base [KB] for "QChain.EXE" : and add this file to LAST line of your nLite HotFix list.

This file analyzes & updates the files so that only the latest files get installed and you can save worrying about the correct order.

hi

I looked up qchain but it says its for SP2 my windows disk is already SP2 and the local source is already SP3 I have managed to get that far with out issue its just the integration of the hot fixes I'm a little sketchy about