What to do next?

k , I added apps ,wallpapers ,themes , removed certain components, added drivers and am in the process of changing some icons..is there anything else left to do important before I test??? and how much RAM is required to run VMWare[ I hve 256]??

It's going to struggle with such little ram. Be prepared to wait a long time for it to complete. "Important" is up to you. Drivers wont be tested because the VM does not use the drivers you PC does.

@-x-

I would highly suggest at a minimum at least 2Gb of memory with VMware Workstation 6.5.3 build 185404, which I use. I have a 2.8 Ghz CPU, and to make it responsive in a XP Host environment I allocate 512mb memory to the XP VM, and allow the running VM option set to "Allow some virtual machine memory to be swapped" option turned on.

I monitor the Host memory usage which before starting the VM is around 600mb. With the VM running, the Host memory usage goes up to about an average of 1800mb. This is before I log into the VM itself. The CPU usage on the host settles around %25 with Workstation running.

mhmallory