*REQ* help with vlite + windows 7

franner

First of all i have used vlite and i know its originally designed for windows vista and therefore is not fully compatible with windows 7.

Anyhow i have read many guides here on MSFN where people say its "safe" to remove serial components in vlite, to strip down some space of windows 7 DVD. I can strip very much of the DVD but I got one specific problem, that is:

Manual Install

I use windows 7 x64 not the x86.

When i have removed the "Manual Install" and try install windows 7 it comes with this message:

oaeciaacd.jpg

I have tried to copy the setup.exe from the root to the sources folder but that doesn't change the error. Does anyone know how to get this to work on windows 7? Its the only component i got trouble with right now.

This error, 99.999% of the time, means your installation media is invalid. Re-download the original ISO and retest - if your ISO and the original ISO have the same hash, it should work.

Again, this error is complaining about the underlying installation media having a problem.

This error, 99.999% of the time, means your installation media is invalid. Re-download the original ISO and retest - if your ISO and the original ISO have the same hash, it should work.

Again, this error is complaining about the underlying installation media having a problem.

The image have no issue.

I can perfectly install it inside virtual machine. The problem is when under vlite i choose "manual install", others have got it worked out but i cant find the solution through search on MSFN, google ect.

I can vlite:

[Compatibility]

[CustomHide]

[Components]
;# Accessories #
Games-Inbox Games
Games-Premium Inbox Games
Speech Support
;# Drivers #
Diva Server
Scanners
;# Languages #
Japanese
Korean
Simplified Chinese
Table Driven Text Input Processor
Traditional Chinese
;# Multimedia #
Media Center
Music and Video samples
Sample Pictures
Screensavers
;# Services #
Error Reporting
Windows Search
;# System #
Help
Natural Language
Security Center
System Restore
Tablet PC
Windows Defender
Windows Easy Transfer

[Options]
DEP (Data Execution Prevention) = Disabled (AlwaysOff)
User Account Control (UAC) = Disabled
AntiSpyware Realtime Protection = Default
Memory requirement = 256MB
AutoPlay = Disabled
Paging Executive = Enabled
Power scheme = Balanced
Power button = Shutdown
Sleep button = Do nothing
Control Panel - Classic View = Enabled
Show hidden files and folders = Yes
Show protected operating system files = Yes
Show extensions for known file types = Yes
IE Phishing Filter = Disabled
IE Phishing Verification Ballon Tips = Disabled

[Services]

[Protection]
windows\system32\browcli.dll
Windows\system32\C_936.NLS
Windows\system32\C_949.NLS
Windows\system32\ieproxy.dll
windows\system32\Magnification.dll
windows\system32\msdrm.dll
windows\system32\msoert2.dll
windows\system32\msdt.exe
windows\system32\SystemPropertiesRemote.exe
windows\system32\tbs.dll
windows\system32\wer.dll
windows\system32\werconcpl.dll
windows\system32\wercplsupport.dll
windows\system32\werdiagcontroller.dll
windows\system32\winipsec.dll
windows\system32\WMASF.DLL
windows\system32\WMVCORE.DLL
windows\system32\wmdrmsdk.dll
windows\system32\migwiz\migwiz.exe

without any problems at all. Its only when choosing "manual install". I have checked MD5 hash on the iso and it fits the original ones.

Edited by franner

had the same problem also, so you say if everything is set to unattended install , it will shoot you that error?

In vlite i don't touch unattended install as it breaks windows 7. But putting my autounattended.xml inside the DVD don't solve the problem :(. I know in windows 7 x86 u can put the setup.exe inside the sources folder of the dvd and it will still install without that error. But I don't know if its due to x64 that is the problem here?

this has been mentioned many times in a few of the vliting win7 threads already!!! dont use the unattend option in vlite but importantly, you need to copy the setup.exe from the iso\sources\ folder to the vlited sources\ folder!

In vlite i don't touch unattended install as it breaks windows 7.

I think of what you mean (a DVD wasted for me), go through unnatended when it's done, get your key, open xml file and replace the "pidkey" found in there.

This didn't solve it for me, the problem is not the unattended file and the key. The error happens when I need to choose the hard-disk/partition to install windows 7. So when i set the key inside the unattended xml file I still need to choose the partition and here the error happen ("load driver").

this has been mentioned many times in a few of the vliting win7 threads already!!! dont use the unattend option in vlite but importantly, you need to copy the setup.exe from the iso\sources\ folder to the vlited sources\ folder!

I already said that, i don't use the vlite option unattended. The setup.exe copying I already said too.

I have tried to copy the setup.exe from the root to the sources folder but that doesn't change the error
I used and works like a charm... :thumbup

Could you explain what u did to make it work?

Edited by franner

I have tried to copy the setup.exe from the root to the sources folder but that doesn't change the error

there are 2 setup.exe in the iso, one in the root & 1 in the sources folder! you need the setup.exe from the sources folder that needs copying to the sources folder of the vlite copy