Unsigned drivers from software in windows installation?

Hello everyone,

I've made my own unattened windows 7 dvd with the support of this great forum.

But i've a little question.

I've some software that will be installed in my windows 7 , but in the installation i get a screen if i want to accept the unsigned driver yes or no.

Is there a posibility to always accept these drivers in my setup of windows 7, so i don't need to click every time?

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone,

I've some software that will be installed in my windows 7 , but in the installation i get a screen if i want to accept the unsigned driver yes or no.

Is there a posibility to always accept these drivers in my setup of windows 7, so i don't need to click every time?

use :

/forceunsigned

example

dism /image:"C:\Temp\mount" /add-driver /driver:"C:\Temp\source\drivers\lan\ws3cap.inf" /forceunsigned

Hello everyone,

use :

/forceunsigned

example

dism /image:"C:\Temp\mount" /add-driver /driver:"C:\Temp\source\drivers\lan\ws3cap.inf" /forceunsigned

hi

can you explane a bit more the forceunsigned command is it used in autounattend file?

thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm just setting up an unattended installation with WDS, MDT 2010 and PXEBoot. But I have two unsigned drivers yet and I get the question during setup.

So I'm looking for a solution to disable the driver signing check while installing the software.

I tried setting the registry key, but this would just work for XP:

reg.exe add "HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Driver Signing" /v BehaviorOnFailedVerify /t reg_dword /d 0x00000000 /f

Also I tried the following commands in several combinations (started with admin privileges and reboot after setting)

bcdedit.exe /set loadoptions " /DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS"

bcdedit.exe /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON

bcdedit.exe /set NOINTEGRITYCHECKS ON

But the signing check is still asking...

Any ideas?

Best regards, Nils.

The method described above will work for you, first mount your Install.wim with DISM and then run the /FORCEUNSIGNED command when integrating your driver. Once that is working you can drop all the bcdedit and registry stuff during the install.

For people who do not know DISM is a a new command line tool in Windows 7.

For help with basic syntax. Start > Run > CMD > DISM /?

NOTE-TO-SELF: Next version of DISM Tool™ should add support for this.

Edited by MrJinje

If you have all your drivers for your computer in on directory then you could use this Dism command

C:\UaWorkArea\TempUa , Wim Image Path

C:\Win7_UaWorkArea\Drivers , Path To Drivers

Dism /image:C:\UaWorkArea\TempUa /Add-Driver /ForceUnsigned /driver:C:\Win7_UaWorkArea\Drivers /recurse

• 3 weeks later...

But what if I just have two unsigned drivers which I like to install and turn on the signing check after the installation?

At the moment I install this drivers with individual AutoHotKey/AutoIt scripts. This seems to be a good compromise.

gunsmokingman cmd line explained it all as did others above.

1 driver or 127 like I had before i trimmed them down

/ForceUnsigned will add the unsigned drivers to the image store

/recurse will process 1 root folder and ALL sub folders within

This does not affect the driver signing policy, it will still be on after the Install.

You are only forceing integration of the ones in your 'Drivers' folder at the time you do it.

/ForceUnsigned will add the unsigned drivers to the image store
Will this work with unsigned AHCI and RAID drivers too?

Example:

Users with an nForce2, nForce3 or nForce4 RAID system are not able to get Win7 installed by booting off the original Win7 DVD. The Win7 in-box nForce SATA and RAID driver do not support their SATARAID Controllers, WHQL certified nForce drivers either are not accepted (because they are designed for Windows XP) or do not support the related chipsets.

Boot critical drivers are added to the image. Non boot critical are added to the store where when they are needed they will be finished installing. I used to inject my Sata Raid drivers into Vista and was no problem.

Before that I was F6 and provide the floppy with drivers

OK 7 vanilla won't boot with them driver's. What are your options? Inject them and try, I can't say since 7 supports what I have now.

It's a learning curve, try the inject method especially for the boot critical.

Don't ask ?, try it and learn and let us know. There is such things as VM where you can test.

Edited by maxXPsoft

OK 7 vanilla won't boot with them driver's. What are your options? Inject them and try, I can't say since 7 supports what I have now.

It's a learning curve, try the inject method especially for the boot critical.

Don't ask ?, try it and learn and let us know. There is such things as VM where you can test.

Thanks for your reply, but the execution of your advice is not as easy as you think, because I don't have an nForce RAID system anymore. Furthermore I am not sure, if you can virtually simulate a real Win7 installation onto a RAID array.

I posted this question, because I have started >this< thread at a time, when I owned an nForce4 RAID system myself. Users with an nForce2-4 RAID system are waiting for a solution.

Boot critical drivers are added to the image.

Boot critical drivers also need to be added to Boot.wim Image #2

yes, I used to do something called SetDriversRoot.cmd and boot.wim 2 with Vista where during install it would stop and add them.

search the Vista unattend forum for this Windows\System32\SetDriversRoot.cmd

http://www.msfn.org/board/configsetroot-t91468.html

Edited by maxXPsoft