Unable to install XPize5R6 on XP SP3

mmerlone

Hi all,

I am trying to install XPize5R6 on a XP SP3 box, but it gives me the error:

xpize 5 release 6 has detected that a previous installation has made changes to your computer that will take effect after restarting. You must restart your computer before you can run xpize 5 release 6 setup.

So, I did restart my computer and it still says the same. What's wrong and how can I work around that?

Thanks and best regards.

The installer checks for the PendingFileRenameOperations registry key value as well as the Windows Update "RequiresRestart" value. If either or both of these values are present then setup will refuse to run.

You can bypass this check by running the installer with the command-line switch /ignoreCondition

...that switch will also bypass the platform check (that you're running SP3) and a few other safeguards so exercise caution.

• 2 weeks later...
How do you do that workaround? I am not very good with these things so be descriptive if you know how.

Open up a cmd.exe window, change to the directory where you downloaded xpize5R6.exe then type:

xpize5R6.exe /ignoreCondition

Then continue through the wizard as normal.

If you don't know how to do that, then do this:

1. Find out where xpize5R6.exe was downloaded to (often either your Desktop or a folder called "Downloads" under My Documents if you're using Firefox 3.5)
  2. Go Start > Run > cmd.exe
  3. In the black window that pops up, type "cd Desktop" or "cd My Documents\Downloads" (depending on where it was downloaded to) and press Enter
  4. Type "xpize5R6.exe /ignoreCondition"
  5. Continue through the wizard as normal

Edited by W3bbo